Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 09-26-2012, 08:46 AM
Resident fainting goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara! View Post
"It is very rare to find an intelligent person that is also happy."
Ernest Hemingway was a seriously depressed, drunk, misogonistic human being. Of course he saw life that way! He also later took a shotgun to his own head sooo.. I'd say his view on the world probably isn't one that we should just take as truth in all honesty.

Psychology has actually studied intelligence quite intimately. They define intelligence in many different ways, but all of these different answers are unified by three commonalities.

1. Intelligence is defined as observable objective behavior.
2. Involves the acquisition of knowledge and application of problem solving solutions.
3. Exercised in adapting to ones environment.

Frequency of smiling or peppy quotes.. not in there lol there really is no co-relation.
but because people like pictures. A few pictures of some other men (like hemingway) who are both geniuses..and pretty happy lol

people should feel the way they want to feel and act the way they want to act and it's your personality so go ahead but please people, don't assume that level of intelligence, sexual history, religion, blood type or other wild accusations can be made on something as fickle and everchanging as mood.

The word bimbo is not a pleasant word and as Laurelin mentioned, there IS NO male equivalent. Because it is a word mean to demean women into unthinking airheaded sex objects. The media does enough of trying to push that label onto women.. I am by no means going to help them out.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:53 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
See, that's me. I post on facebook a lot about the blessings in my life day to day and about hannah a lot and about God being good. Most of that is for the benefit of my family that I rarely get to see. My mother loves keeping up with our daily activities and photos while she is at work. She doesn't get to see hannah but once or twice a year. This helps her feel like she isn't missing out on her growing up.

There is sO much negativity, I don't want to add more. I try not to complain much because in the grand scheme of things I have nothing to complain about.

If someone is struggling I will be the first person to lend an ear and a shoulder and say a prayer for them.
There's a fine line though. I mean I have friends who post pictures of their kids all the time, saying how much fun they had and whatnot... it's great. But the random status updates saying 'I'm so blessed' or whatever get really old when you're having a bad day or something, lol. Especially when it's all they're posting. Honestly my favorite friends tend to post vents but in a funny/sarcastic ways, it makes me feel more normal, lol. I haD that 'friend' who kept posting about all the new fancy stuff she was getting, all her nice vacations etc... I had to unfriend her. It was just getting so old.

Personally, I don't like sharing my happiness to everyone's faces. I'll post 'we had a great day at the park' or whatnot, but that's it really.. I have a lot of friends in very difficult situations right now and it just wouldn't feel right for me to post all the time that I'm happy, when they are struggling so much. At the same time, I don't really want to vent much either because I know those people are in way worse situations than I am.

I have to add though, most of the friends I have are people I've met on twin/parenting forums. There's only a couple I actually know in real life (for now). So I would probably feel differently if it was someone close to me.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:57 AM
Top Dog

Fran it's interesting but I've never ever met a 'always happy' guy. I mean, in the sense of a guy who's always saying how happy he is. I guess there are some happy enough but being men, they don't feel the need to share

I believe intelligent people can be happy. My brother is quite happy and he's pretty much a genius.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:02 AM
Glutton for Crazy

And I hate Debbie downers....
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:12 AM
Top Dog

I'd so much rather be around people who are the cheerful, thankful, and positive types than those who focus too hard on all the negative things in their lives, who whine and complain about everything. That gets really old. And to think people who are up beat, laughy or silly are mindless air heads is just about the dumbest thing I ever heard. Some of the most intellectual, educated, and sensible people I know have enough smarts to know how to enjoy life.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 09-26-2012, 09:19 AM
Glutton for Crazy

My other half is extremely fun, hilarious, and personable. He also is brilliant in many ways. He also had type1 diabetes which was diagnosed at 12. He spends his life monitoring his diet, stabbing himself with needles, burning from insulin injections, suffering from blood sugar fluctuations, and all of the other depressing symptoms of having a dead (essential) organ in your body.

The fact he can still be so clever, so strong, and so thankful for life makes him my hero.

I feel sorry for people who not only lack such amazing coping skills but also find the need to degrade those who have them.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:24 AM
& the Muttly Crew

To be honest, just seeing or hearing the word "bimbo" instantly makes me lose all respect for the source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
I feel sorry for people who not only lack such amazing coping skills but also find the need to degrade those who have them.
True that.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 09-26-2012, 09:25 AM
Are you dead yet?

Quote:
My other half is extremely fun, hilarious, and personable. He also is brilliant in many ways. He also had type1 diabetes which was diagnosed at 12. He spends his life monitoring his diet, stabbing himself with needles, burning from insulin injections, suffering from blood sugar fluctuations, and all of the other depressing symptoms of having a dead (essential) organ in your body.

The fact he can still be so clever, so strong, and so thankful for life makes him my hero.

Old 09-26-2012, 09:27 AM
Top Dog

There are many types of people who annoy me but I realize thats on me....its my hangup (and probably what annoys others about me!)

I tend to be kind of negative but I try really hard not to. Its not a good place to be.

I have a friend who is very well, chill. She is always smiling and finds the positives....she is also extremely smart, loyal, and trustworthy - just an all around great person.

And yes, the word bimbo - shudder - lets not judge other women by misogynistic ideals:/

bim·bo/***712;bimb***333;/
Noun:
derogatory. An attractive but empty-headed young woman, esp. one perceived as a willing sex object.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:27 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:

Very much that.

My husband is also one of those horrible bimbos. He always has such a positive attitude and is nice and happy to everyone. He's also one of the most intelligent people I know.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep