Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 09-26-2012, 07:05 AM
Just try me..

Great posts Fran.

Its ok to be annoyed. But why waste hate (which is a very strong emotion) on people who are enjoying life, even if its not how you think they should. Someone being happy isn't hurting you. Are you jealous at their happiness?

I am a very optimistic person, and if we go by IQ scores as a measurement of intelligence (not that that is the best, just as a metric) then I am quite intelligent.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:26 AM
I'm All Ears

What do we call happy people if they're male? The happiest, most optimistic person I know is one of my co-workers. I have never, in a year and a half, heard him say one word that was not positive. Even in the face of emergencies with his kids or other things of that nature, he is always positive. And genuine. I always thought he was just trying to be professional but I have a friend that has known him for over 20 years and says she has never heard him say a word that isn't positive. Never says a negative word about any others. I honestly greatly admire him and his attitude. I think if more people were like that then the world would be a lot happier in general.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:35 AM
<(°°<) <(°°)> (>°°)>

I prefer positive people over debbie downers... those annoy me to no end.

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:46 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Then slap a nametag on me "BIMBO"

I am perky, happy, downright saccharine. People at my old job used to tease me and says things like "Everyone has a bad day... well everyone except Tanya. she's always smiling" lol it's true.

Tha's not to say I don't have a bad day every now and then. everyone does. however, I look around at all the incredible blessings in my life and think how ridiculous it is to let one insignificant thing ruin my day when I am surrounded by wonderful things.

I don't know how intelligent I am. I'm not an intellectual but I'm also not an idiot. i just CHOOSE to be happy

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 09-26-2012, 07:54 AM
Just try me..

On a side note, I choose to be happy too Sparks. But its not that simple for everyone. I have a friend I wish could do that, but she battles with depression. If she could just choose to be happy I am sure she would.

Then again maybe I don't choose to be happy lol. Maybe I would suck at being down, can't say I have really tried.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:13 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekka View Post
On a side note, I choose to be happy too Sparks. But its not that simple for everyone. I have a friend I wish could do that, but she battles with depression. If she could just choose to be happy I am sure she would.

Then again maybe I don't choose to be happy lol. Maybe I would suck at being down, can't say I have really tried.
I didn't say otherwise. Just that it's not because I'm "incapable" of processing bad stuff or because "I'm too feable minded" to get it. I am not a happy person because I'm an airhead. I'm happy because I choose to be. My sister is miserable, always has been. not happy unless she's complaining. As a teenager one day I decided I did NOT want to be like her. I did not want to go through life one complaint after another. I wanted to be happy. so I choose to be happy. I'm not happy just because I'm a simpleton... or maybe I am and I'm just too stupid to know better

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 09-26-2012, 08:18 AM
Top Dog

I don't really know how I feel about it. But yeah when I have that friend on FB who's always posting how wonderful life is, how god is good etc... ugh. I can't help thinking about that other friend who just lost her dad or whatever, and I want to smack her a good one.

I think the main issue for me is like those moms who only post about how wonderful her kids are, how blessed she is etc... I mean... I'm happy she feels this way. But it makes 'normal' moms who can have bad days (like me) feel ungrateful and well, awful. I'm using this example because I have some friends like that, lol. But it can be the same for everything really. I'm glad they're happy, I just don't like how they throw it at everyone's face all the time (like when I'm venting to my mom and she tells me there are worse things in the world... jee, thanks mom for sympathizing...).

Hope it makes sense.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:07 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

See, that's me. I post on facebook a lot about the blessings in my life day to day and about hannah a lot and about God being good. Most of that is for the benefit of my family that I rarely get to see. My mother loves keeping up with our daily activities and photos while she is at work. She doesn't get to see hannah but once or twice a year. This helps her feel like she isn't missing out on her growing up.

There is sO much negativity, I don't want to add more. I try not to complain much because in the grand scheme of things I have nothing to complain about.

If someone is struggling I will be the first person to lend an ear and a shoulder and say a prayer for them.

G.K. Chesterton

Old 09-26-2012, 09:31 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
Tha's not to say I don't have a bad day every now and then. everyone does. however, I look around at all the incredible blessings in my life and think how ridiculous it is to let one insignificant thing ruin my day when I am surrounded by wonderful things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
There is sO much negativity, I don't want to add more. I try not to complain much because in the grand scheme of things I have nothing to complain about.

If someone is struggling I will be the first person to lend an ear and a shoulder and say a prayer for them.
I agree! I'm one of those people who is always happy and always smiling. I figure that, if anything, it will make other people happy as well. I've only gotten compliments for having a positive attitude- no one has ever complained about it!

I truly love my life and feel very blessed. I have a lot to be thankful for- life is amazing and there are many more positives than negatives.

So... sign me up on the "your definition of bimbo" list.

Did you know the word bimbo used to be a derogatory term for men?

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 09-26-2012, 09:41 AM
Super-Genius

I used to be the guy who could find the negative in almost anything. Then my life radically changed a few months ago when God bonked me on the noggin, hard. I realized how utterly stupid it is to be a negative person. How it hurt my testimony.

Now, I live my life as a "bimbo" I guess. But it is really more than that. I strive to live my life in a way that gives witness to the hope that lies within me. Anything less would be a disservice to my Creator.

Do I struggle? YES. Panic/Anxiety symptoms suck. But, because of the hope that lies within me, its all good and for good reason. Thus my Lemons -> Lemonade view of the world today.
Romans 8:28

R.I.P my beloved Teddy, my "squishy monster". You will never be forgotten.