Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 09-25-2012, 11:50 PM
Resident fainting goat

I'm fine with people being annoyed at other people's erm..quirks lol
The "Without pain, we wouldn't know happiness" thing really makes me want to kick a wall (and the person saying it sometimes depending on how much pain I'm in lol)

I just don't think someone spouting that kind of stuff out means they deserve to be labeled a brainless bimbo unable to absorb information or contribute anything to the world.

The whole "I'm so different from OTHER girls! Those girls are so so dumb and materialistic and cheerful and slutty and I'm so different!" thing just pisses me off to no end. It's rubs in the idea that women in general are "bad" and can be labeled as such with "rare perfect exception" and it's just a horrible line of thinking.

Happy = unintelligent or sexually active = unintelligent or any of those things it's just so beyond wrong. Women are people *gasp* lol which means as such, our personalities and intellect aren't measured by how often we smile or how many guys we've slept with or any outside factors.

People annoy me all the time.
Doesn't make me any better then them or make them deserving of an offensive label. It just means I have pet peeves and they just happen to rub me the wrong way lol
Old 09-25-2012, 11:53 PM
*Now with Snark*

Other people being happy doesn't bug me in the slightest. I tend to wallow so I find the bubbly folks help get my head out of my ass and realize my problems really aren't that big most of the time.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:59 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xandra View Post
I am talking about people who dismiss anything negative (whether it be something you think/feel or current event or anything else) with some generic optimistic statement. It doesn't mean they're stupid but I do find it annoying, and I see it as totally distinct from having a good attitude about things, taking things in stride, being cheerful, etc.
...that's how I deal with it. I have bad social anxiety... honestly, people have come to be with bad news and I've giggled.

There could be a lot going on in said person's life, and sometimes, that judgement -- silent as you may think it is -- is the last thing they need

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 09-26-2012, 12:03 AM
Felurian

Gotta admit, after a short period of time trapped with one of the mindlessly perky (and you KNOW what I'm talking about ) I'm ready to commit hara kiri. Or assist them with it.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
ó Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 09-26-2012, 12:08 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
...that's how I deal with it. I have bad social anxiety... honestly, people have come to be with bad news and I've giggled.

There could be a lot going on in said person's life, and sometimes, that judgement -- silent as you may think it is -- is the last thing they need
I've actually done that too and I don't think we're talking about the same thing. As far as me judging them? I don't give them dirty looks or anything, if they're going to be determinedly optimistic then I usually just half-assed agree and let the conversation die, because I can't have a dialogue about something not good if they don't want to acknowledge not good.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:26 AM
Sit! Good dog.

I'd like to be a bimbo if it meant I was HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY all the time. Better than MOAN MOAN MOAN.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 09-26-2012, 12:56 AM
Blackout

By bimbo I mean extremely perky/chipper, bouncy, deliriously happy... To a point of being unable/unwilling to be able to process negativity - like Xandra said. It's one thing to have a optimistic view of life - it's another to dodge every piece of bad news with some obscure/lofty saccharine comment. I respect the existence of those people and if their approach to life works for them, well, you go girl. - I just don't care to be in their company.

The Henri Michaux quote in my sig sums it up pretty well (He who has rejected...).

I try my best to be cautiously optimistic, it's alot more comfortable - I haven't energy to be perky....
All except when we happen to meet.

Stories, Poetry, and Musings
http://inugami1112.wordpress.com/

"And it's all been lost before, so there's nothing to lose..."

"There are those that love dogs insanely and those that don't. But once you like a dog, you're sunk. You're a dog person for life."

UKC Kuvasz Standard
AKC Kuvasz Standard
Old 09-26-2012, 01:31 AM
Top Dog

"It is very rare to find an intelligent person that is also happy."

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you canít eat money." ĖNative American proverb
Old 09-26-2012, 04:40 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephyMei1112 View Post
To a point of being unable/unwilling to be able to process negativity
How do you know what someone else is able or willing to process? How do you know what is behind someoneís smile or saccharine comment? You donít.

I know a gal who is a total Pollyanna type. It used to bug me to no end. But even my being annoyed by her didnít bother her! So annoying
Iíve known this gal for over 12 years now, and you know what? She is just as deep and complex as any other human out there, she just reacts to life with a smile on her face and a positive spin. Thatís who she is. And I have learned to value her for WHO she is, not what I think she should be.

I get being annoyed by people, but the bottom line is that our reactivity to other folksí quirks is exactly that - OUR reactivity. Its MY issue if I donít like Pollyannas, and maybe by delving in to what it is in me that makes me reactive to them, I will learn something about myself that eventually leads to me becoming a more fully developed individual.
Criticism and judgement is fun ín all, but its a cop-out. It prevents us self-reflecting and removes personal responsibility.
~Suzanne Clothier
Old 09-26-2012, 05:05 AM
Are you dead yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
I'm fine with people being annoyed at other people's erm..quirks lol
The "Without pain, we wouldn't know happiness" thing really makes me want to kick a wall (and the person saying it sometimes depending on how much pain I'm in lol)

I just don't think someone spouting that kind of stuff out means they deserve to be labeled a brainless bimbo unable to absorb information or contribute anything to the world.

The whole "I'm so different from OTHER girls! Those girls are so so dumb and materialistic and cheerful and slutty and I'm so different!" thing just pisses me off to no end. It's rubs in the idea that women in general are "bad" and can be labeled as such with "rare perfect exception" and it's just a horrible line of thinking.

Happy = unintelligent or sexually active = unintelligent or any of those things it's just so beyond wrong. Women are people *gasp* lol which means as such, our personalities and intellect aren't measured by how often we smile or how many guys we've slept with or any outside factors.

People annoy me all the time.
Doesn't make me any better then them or make them deserving of an offensive label. It just means I have pet peeves and they just happen to rub me the wrong way lol
This is how I feel, too.

I have immense respect for people who can go through difficult, emotionally challenging times and still keep their upbeat, positive outlook. I'm the kind of person who sulks if I have a bad hair day, so in a way I kind of resent those people. Out of jealousy. Because I wish I didn't let things get to me.

I get irritated by people who are extremely cheerful all the time and expect everyone else to be the same way. You wanna be happy? Cool. Don't try to tell me that I can't be angry or mopey if I want.