Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 09-25-2012, 11:00 PM
Blackout

Default I hate bimbos

There's nothing wrong with being a happy person/in a state of frequent optimism. But there's a big difference between that and being a completely, all out, dumb, air-headed bitch that has no amount of measurable intellect.

"OMG HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY" makes me cringe. Again - I do not have anything against life going well or being in a state of content; but I just really don't care for the people that don't have much else in them except for euphoria - it's like being too stupid to think/feel/absorb other things almost - hope that makes some sense.

That is all.
All except when we happen to meet.

Stories, Poetry, and Musings
http://inugami1112.wordpress.com/

"And it's all been lost before, so there's nothing to lose..."

"There are those that love dogs insanely and those that don't. But once you like a dog, you're sunk. You're a dog person for life."

UKC Kuvasz Standard
AKC Kuvasz Standard
Old 09-25-2012, 11:03 PM
Top Dog

I agree. It's all good if you have some clever insightful way of processing bad stuff but if you're oblivious to all imperfections and "badness" then it gets on my nerves lol In reality some things do actually suck and if we can't have a proper conversation about them then we aren't going to get very far. There is such a thing as too much optimism.

(but on the other hand, Mr/s Doom and Gloom is annoying as well).
Old 09-25-2012, 11:10 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Eh... a lot of people are all "HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY" when they are going through something rough. For some people, myself included, it's what gets them through it (pretending nothing is wrong).

ETA: Also, we have VERY different definitions of what makes somebody a Bimbo.....

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 09-25-2012, 11:13 PM
Let it be

I've never met a bimbo.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:18 PM
APBT crazy!

Hm a very happy person isn't what I'd call a bimbo... if you google it is has a totally different meaning. I'm a pretty happy person so I guess you wouldn't like me in person.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:22 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehoundgirl View Post
Hm a very happy person isn't what I'd call a bimbo... if you google it is has a totally different meaning.
RIGHT? lol

well, I guess she'd be very happy...

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 09-25-2012, 11:28 PM
Resident fainting goat

and how exactly do you classify or even begin to define measurable intellect?
how happy does somebody have to be to deserve the title "bimbo?
(and what a lovely word it is.. thrown around by people to make women that don't fit their mold of approval feel like unthinking sexual objects..and the more it's used, especially by women, the more we send out the clear message that it's an OK term to use and that ya, some women really are brainless morons with nothing in their heads except sex and handbags, which FYI.. is not true. Not for anyone.)

people deal with things in different ways, as Jess said, some put a smile on their faces and appear euphoric all the time because they are going through a lot. or because life has taught them that that is what is expected of them. Not because they are unintelligent or unfeeling.

Don't judge a book by it's cover. People are more complicated then what you see when you look at them.
and consider for a moment what the world would be like or what your life would be like if somebody judged you that harshly who didn't even know you.

"Oh but I totally know this person she is x, y, z!" .. No. you don't know her. You don't know what she truly feels or thinks or loves or the pain she has suffered or her fears and innermost secrets. You have no idea. Yet you think it's OK to stick a label on her pegging her a "slutty brainless moron" and hate her because you have deemed her stupid and too happy to even deserve kindness, compassion or understanding.

Girls (well, people in general, but especially women) are de-humanized and judged and labeled enough in this world. We don't need it from each other.
I bet if you really got to know this girl. Took the time to TRULY know her, you might discover you are more alike then you once thought.

But hey, cringe away. Everyone has pet peeves. I'm just saying, please don't try to label someone as stupid or brainless or a bimbo or pass judgement because of the way they act when you know nothing about them.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:30 PM
APBT crazy!

Well said Fran!
Old 09-25-2012, 11:33 PM
I'm All Ears

I wonder what I classify as? I'm a really easy going kind of person. Generally smiley and cheerful most the time. Especially if i don't know you well, I always try to be friendly to people I don't know.

I like happy people. I really have a hard time being around downers constantly.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:39 PM
Top Dog

I am talking about people who dismiss anything negative (whether it be something you think/feel or current event or anything else) with some generic optimistic statement. It doesn't mean they're stupid but I do find it annoying, and I see it as totally distinct from having a good attitude about things, taking things in stride, being cheerful, etc.