Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 09-26-2012, 03:35 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortilla View Post
Oh my gawsh she is your mini-me! And that sure is one snazzy dress.

Happy Birthday to Hannah!
I think you are the only person that thinks she looks more like me than her daddy lol. Actually in this picture she does resemble me a lot

I can't believe 5 years ago at this time I was in the hospital in labor.

Now I'm just PRAYING so hard that it doesn't rain on Saturday... at least not until after the party. The party is outside and I have no where indoors to hold the party. My heart would absolutely break for hannah if no one came because of the rain. I would cry for her lol. It makes me want to cry just thinking about it

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 09-26-2012, 03:38 PM
Felurian

When she was a baby she looked more like Brian, but as she's gotten older she looks more and more like you. I can still see some Brian, but the resemblance is more marked to you.

She's a beautiful child, and she gets more lovely all the time.

Brian is going to have a nervous breakdown by the time she's thirteen

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 09-26-2012, 04:08 PM
Super-Genius

When she was a baby, up until about 3 and a half she looked very much like my sister did as a young child. But now she is certainly turning more into Tanya. She is even getting freckles under her eyes.

As for me having a nervous breakdown... Nah, I don't think so. I hope to help raise her to understand that she should never let another person make her do something she does not want to do. We want her to understand that she is worthy of respect and should be treated as such. Yeah, there will be peer pressure moments and all that, i'm not naive. But when it comes to the BIG moments, I just hope we can teach her to remember how she deserves to be treated.

Plus, there will be 'rumors' about what her daddy does to young men who make her cry. LOL
Romans 8:28

R.I.P my beloved Teddy, my "squishy monster". You will never be forgotten.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:12 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
I can't believe 5 years ago at this time I was in the hospital in labor.
I don't know how I missed how close our children are in age!

That is always such a surreal part of my children's birthdays - remembering the last hours and days before birthing them
Old 09-26-2012, 04:30 PM
Top Dog

Awwww...she's so cute. And there's nothing wrong with making a birthday special and having it drawn out for lots of fun. I don't believe giving children a happy time, giving them nice things = spoiling, at least not the rotten kind. I think when we think of spoiling...the kind that makes them "bratty," it's caused by inconsistent consequences and wishy washy parenting. Or overly harsh parenting. Having "known" you all this time on Chaz and how you talk about Hannah, it's obvious you're doing a marvelous job at providing a happy life and that she's very, very loved. That's awesome. I hope she has a continuously great birthday. lol
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 09-26-2012, 05:13 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Thanks all. She is a special girl but I might be biased lol. My mom says it's so easy to spoil her (not the spoiled rotten type but just spoil her with goodies) because she's so appreciative of everything she gets. if you gave her a penny and told her it was a gift she would cherish it like you gave her the world on a platter lol. My mom says it just makes you WANT to spoil her lol.

Greenmagick, I never realized how close they were in age either and it is very surreal thinking back in time and realizing at this very moment 5 years ago I was starting to feel the first of the semi painful contractions and I was watching Americas Funniest Home Videos in a rocking chair trying to ignore the discomfort lol.

So I caved and gave her a present early LOL. Just one. a toy horse that I actually found at the Goodwill for $1 lol. It's about the size of a barbie horse and she's white with a blue muzzle and black and blue hair. Hannah has already put her name on it lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 09-26-2012, 05:34 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Happy Birthday week, Hannah!

Sparks and Puck, she just keeps getting prettier!

Chloe - 9 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 3 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 09-26-2012, 07:02 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

The box that all the gifts from Grammy came in... look closely lol Hannah is in there

G.K. Chesterton

Old 09-26-2012, 10:13 PM
orange iguanas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
Well that is true. She doesn't act like she gets spoiled the way she does lol. Anytime she's given anything she acts like it's the single greatest moment of her life haha. When my mom and step dad were here in June my step dad was just kidding around and brought in a bunch of tourist magazines they picked up at the welcome center and he said "here you go Hannah. A present for you" and she clutched them to her chest and jumped up and down and said "Oh Papa thank you SO much for these books. I can't believe you got them for me" he thought that was hilarious.
I love that! My nieces and nephews are spoiled BRATS.... they have every toy imaginable, which would be fine but, when they get a gift they just unwrap it, toss it aside and move on to the next.

What an awesome birthday week

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 09-27-2012, 07:32 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Today is the big day

At the preschool where I work she got a special birthday crown and everyone sang happy birthday to her. I brought chocolate chip mini muffins for snack.

Everyone at Co op made a big deal about her turning 5 lol

When we came home she got to open all her presents (three are missing from this photo, she also got another my little pony, a my little pony movie and a barbie type horse)

She didn't like the Belle baby doll though lol. We bought a "Baby alive" for a friend of hers birthday in a couple weeks and Hannah HATES that thing. She can't even stand to see it lol. So after that happened I was like UH OH... she is not going to be a fan of the doll I bought (thankfully I only paid 50 cents for it lol). As I predicted she brought it to me a short while later and said "Mommy... I'm sorry but I really don't like this baby doll and she has BARE FEET... can you please put her somewhere I can't see her" LOL she really does NOT like baby dolls or babies in general. ha my bad. but everything else she opened she jumped up and down saying "Oh my Gosh this is just exactly what I wanted" LOL

For dinner we took her to the diner and her favorite waitress was working. They brought her cake with a candle and sang happy birthday to her and she was so excited. I posted a video of it on facebook ... I'll have to figure out how to post it here.

so she's had a great day and the weather for Saturday is now supposed to be nice and sunny for her party. YAAAAAY

G.K. Chesterton