Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 12-22-2004, 10:54 PM
Top Dog

I guess it just depends on the vet. My vet's office is semi small and the vet, herself, lives right next door. It's not so much as a hospital, a little more personal hands on type of thing I guess. When I went to pick up Nora, all the staff was sad to see her go. She was the perfect patient and so sweet. They all said "you have a sweetie there" Made me feel so proud. lol

Commenting on your dog not having a bowel movement, my vet gives the dogs laxatives so that they don't need to .. well, push? They don't want that area working too much LOL, can you tell I know nothing about medical terms? Your dog may just be having a hard time with it.
Old 12-22-2004, 11:08 PM
Felurian

You can put a little bacon grease or oil on her food to ease things through a bit.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-23-2004, 12:20 AM
Big Dog

She probably won't want to go until she really feels the need to. Since she is paper trained, we have taken her to newspaper several times and she will pee but nothing else. We've even tried leaving the room for awhile because she likes her privacy when she uses the bathroom...lol. Putting bacon grease on her food is a good idea. It will probably make her dry food easier to eat. She eats sooooo sloooowly.
Old 12-23-2004, 09:27 AM
Felurian

All of my German Shepherds have prefered privacy too. It really made life easier because they always went behind the bushes in the back yard so there wasn't anything left where you might step in it. Kharma tries to do everything Bimmer does, so she's good about going in out of the way places, but Shiva . . . let's just say I'm careful walking outside after dark!

She's getting better about going off into the bushes though, but she WILL pee right on the walk of the weather's bad!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-23-2004, 12:35 PM
Big Dog

Yay! Chili finally had a bowel movement this morning! I guess now I can say that she's on the road to a great, complete recovery.
I'm a very happy mommy now! : )
Old 12-24-2004, 07:22 PM
Felurian

ROFL! Did you ever in your wildest dreams imagine you'd be so happy over a dog pile? Or that you'd be discussing it at some length on the internet?

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-24-2004, 07:33 PM
Big Dog

LOL...you know, I actually said that to my husband. I can't believe that I'm so happy over doggy poo!
Old 12-27-2004, 03:34 PM
Top Dog

LOL, sooo funny! Glad Chili is doing better.

I remember when my male Lhasa was a puppy and I'd take him outside and the first time he lifted his leg to go pee! OMG, I felt like my child was off to his first day of kindergarten. I actually had tears in my eyes and said he's getting sooo big! lol I kept telling him (Spencer ) Your such a big boy!

I really think I need therapy LOL
Old 12-27-2004, 10:04 PM
Big Dog

That's cute, Avenlee! I tell Chili that she's a big girl sometimes! (Even though she will never be BIG) Just like when a child does something correctly, it's always a feeling of satisfaction to see our dog do something correctly that we've been trying to teach her. It lets us know we're doing something right!
Old 01-05-2005, 05:30 PM
Active Pup

The vet I work for will let neuters go home same day if we get them done by 10 am. We release them about 4:30 if they have pottied and are up. We never let cat or dog spays go home same day regardless! I even left mine there over night! My vets live on the property of the clinic and its a father/son deal. They take turns checking on the animals ever 2 hours day and night! We will also send spays home on antibiotics or pain relievers if the surgery was abnormal or something was wrong. Sorry your pouch had that much trouble thats really sad!
Fritzi-13 yr German Shepherd, Kaycee-7yr Golden, Xoom-4yr Malinois, Zona-1yr Cattle Dog, Jolet-7mos. Malinois, Clinton-7mos Choc Lab. Clinton is a rescue dog he was found wondering the streets of Clinton Oklahoma. Xoom was also a rescue dog and spayed but she is the reason I fell in love with the Malinois and bought Jolet! We have high hopes for her! We are busy titling Zona in obedience and herding...maybe agility next! Fritzi was my obedience dog a long time ago! She is now retired! She is an OTCH dog! Hope I can get Zona and Jolet that far as well!
I also have 8 barn kitties and 40 cows.