Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 09-24-2012, 08:36 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegy View Post
My heartbreaker with her was that we never got into the Open Obedience ring even though she has all the behaviors. By the time she was ring-ready and I was brave enough to do her CD (in three trials with three placements), she couldn't jump for Open anymore. Stupid knees.
Can't Luce do CDSP Open?
Puzzle Piece Gabby RLV 8 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years
Old 09-24-2012, 09:00 PM
Top Dog

Yes, I gave up years ago on Petie earning his ATChC, all because he hated the pause table. So we stopped running in Standard classes and excelled in the rest. Plus there are no tables in Regionals and Nationals where we laid down clean runs and had high placements or won classes, including winning Standard classes.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:08 PM
Top Dog

We've got some other miscellaneous Qs hanging around but the ones I listed are the ones I really wish we'd had time to finish.

We ran in a couple USDAA trials past Juniors and Bailey really enjoyed their gamblers courses!
Puzzle Piece Gabby RLV 8 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years
Old 09-25-2012, 12:57 AM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

Not unfinished... but hoping we don't get to year 6 for her C-ATCH (she needs 60 more Qs). She's got titles in TDAA but their trial chairperson is being sketchy and announces a week prior to trials that it's a go. Also some legs in USDAA and AKC. We're really focusing on CPE just to get it done already! And then work on adding some more of the other titles this upcoming year.

Tsuki has one Q in TDAA games, the smaller spaces seem to suit her better as she's been having ring/confidence issues at trials. She'll be coming out here and there this year for some more exposure to trialing.

Next year, if time and money persists, I hope to get the boys and Charlie out doing something.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:54 AM
overdogged

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerLover View Post
Can't Luce do CDSP Open?
She could have if I'd ever managed to teach her a go-out
and Hambone, flyball hopeful
Save the pit bull, Save the world
Are you Unruly?
Old 09-25-2012, 06:36 AM
Just try me..

Kaiden has 2/3 legs for his CDX and Dekka has 2/3 legs for her CD. But I stopped doing obed with them when I went back to school 6 years ago. Dekka's dog issues make me hesitant to continue with her. I am sure she wouldn't get up, or if she did it would be to run to me. But if another dog walked over to her, all alone in the line up I am equally sure she would snark and snap if not bite.

Kaiden I had tried for a while to get that last leg. But one thing tended to get us each time. Not sure I will get back to it, it would be nice. I have tiny articles as I intended to take both through utility. Dekka is on her way to being able to do articles, but I don't think I would ever do the out of sight sits and downs with her. So its not like it will matter.