Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 09-23-2012, 06:31 PM
Felurian

Well, you know Kharma is either a weird looking Dane or a Bloodhound . . . because Filas are a figment of my imagination.

I really love the ones who give The Look as they say, "I've never heard of them and I know a lot about dogs" with the unspoken implication that if they've never heard of it, it doesn't exist.

Weirdly, it's the ones you'd think would be the worst about it, the tobacco chewing, if it ain't from the farm it ain't crap kind who are really curious about her and want to know more about what she is -- and don't insinuate or outright tell me she's a mix and I'm making it all up.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 09-23-2012, 07:17 PM
Blackout

"OMG IT'S A DOODLE!!"

"....Hungarian Kuvaszok - predator control dog."

".....No, it's a Doodle."

All except when we happen to meet.

Stories, Poetry, and Musings
http://inugami1112.wordpress.com/

"And it's all been lost before, so there's nothing to lose..."

"There are those that love dogs insanely and those that don't. But once you like a dog, you're sunk. You're a dog person for life."

UKC Kuvasz Standard
AKC Kuvasz Standard
Old 09-23-2012, 07:29 PM
Top Dog

Haha..some guy yelled at me "Why don't you have a muzzle on that pit bull?!" one time when I was walking skye. Pfft.

Some lady in petsmart argued with me over what Romeo was...nothing too exciting, just was **** sure he was a GSD mix. But cattle dogs only come in blue! There are no red cattle dogs, must be a GSD!

Old 09-23-2012, 07:44 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
Really i just fight that she's old
Same with Shamoo lol

I normally encourage confusion with my Malinois. "GSD mix", "Belgian sheepdog", "shepherd breed", or give them whatever they imagine.

I rarely argue the right breed for my pit bulls either, "they're old rescues, your guess is as good as mine", its a super fun game to play.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:46 PM
retriever crazy

i got asked if jayson is a rottweiler mix. umm hes yellow! since when do rottweilers come in yellow.

D.O.B 11/27/10
D.O.B 08/09/12
Old 09-23-2012, 07:53 PM
Top Dog

I find it interesting that whenever I'm at an AKC event with purebred people, they feel the need to classify Lucy as a specific breed. They want me to admit that she is part border collie, or part pointer, or part sheltie, or whatever their opinion is. It seems to frustrate a lot of breed people that I don't know what she is and won't immediately accept what they say as gospel.

This weekend at the coursing event, people were absolutely trying to convince me that she was part aussie and part sight hound (because if she wasn't part sight hound, it was "inconceivable" that she was coursing so well).

Eventually I always just say, "Yeah, good point, you're probably right!" and try to change the subject, no matter how much I disagree with their guesses.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:00 PM
Let it be

Someone once tried to tell me Bandit was a long haired Pit Bull. I died a little on the inside. Usually I get I must be off about his age and breed. No way he's a 7 year old Border Collie. He must be a 7 month old Bernese Mountain dog pup
Old 09-23-2012, 08:06 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
I find it interesting that whenever I'm at an AKC event with purebred people, they feel the need to classify Lucy as a specific breed. They want me to admit that she is part border collie, or part pointer, or part sheltie, or whatever their opinion is. It seems to frustrate a lot of breed people that I don't know what she is and won't immediately accept what they say as gospel.

This weekend at the coursing event, people were absolutely trying to convince me that she was part aussie and part sight hound (because if she wasn't part sight hound, it was "inconceivable" that she was coursing so well).

Eventually I always just say, "Yeah, good point, you're probably right!" and try to change the subject, no matter how much I disagree with their guesses.
That's ironic since with all the AKC events I go to with Kim and Webster, I've been asked if I know what breeds are in the mix but never gotten grief about how they must be something or another in particular. They may speculate when I say I don't know but it's all very "huh I wonder if...?"

Around town I've been asked what sort of purebred Kim is on many occasions. Because she's (and I quote this exactly) "too pretty to be a mixbreed." It's often assumed that she's a purebred they haven't seen before as opposed to a mix breed.

Webster is a Miniature German Shepherd Dog, doncha know. Who I should breed. Also they would like to buy a puppy. All based on my dog walking across a parking lot.

Mira and Cookie are a Lab mixed with something. If I think otherwise then I was duped. Or she's just like this dog I had as a kid only he was 100 pounds but they look exactly alike. What did you say she was again? A Black-Footed Retriever (from the Farmer's Market the other day)? Yeah my dog must've been a Black-Footed Retriever too cuz they are identical.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 09-23-2012, 08:26 PM
I'm All Ears

My dogs get called pomeranians and chihuahuas very often. Papillon is becoming a lot more frequent as the breed has gotten a lot more common over the past 8 years we've had them.

I actually don't correct people unless they ask specifically if they are chihuahuas or poms. I used to but I just don't care anymore. I've had people pet them and tell me how much they love chihuahuas. Or tell me they have chihuahuas at home too. I just smile and say something along the lines of 'chihuahuas are good dogs/cute/etc'. Maybe I should correct people more often.

I have had a few people insist they're a mixed breed or designer breed. It's kind of odd that they don't believe me that they're a purebred.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:27 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai View Post
Mira and Cookie are a Lab mixed with something. If I think otherwise then I was duped. Or she's just like this dog I had as a kid only he was 100 pounds but they look exactly alike. What did you say she was again? A Black-Footed Retriever (from the Farmer's Market the other day)? Yeah my dog must've been a Black-Footed Retriever too cuz they are identical.

I get a lot of 'oh that is like so and so's dog. Only his is XYZ color that doesn't happen in papillons.'