Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 09-23-2012, 05:12 PM
Felurian

I really loved that Parker. It wasn't an outrageously expensive one, and it had the despised "student nib," which I happen to love because they're about as bombproof as it gets and wrote with more of a medium, flowing stroke than a really fine line. I really don't like fine point pens! It was brushed steel with a sterling band.

It had SOUL!

Ballpoint pens are, to me . . . *shudder*

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 09-23-2012, 05:15 PM
Top Dog

Dreamy Siiiiigh I LOVE fountain pens. I used one when I wrote all my letters to DH when he was in basic. Then it got lost in the roach infested house I was living in at the time.

I want another one. I LOVE writing with them. It's like they really do have souls, and are so inspiring to write with.
Old 09-23-2012, 05:45 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
I really loved that Parker. It wasn't an outrageously expensive one, and it had the despised "student nib," which I happen to love because they're about as bombproof as it gets and wrote with more of a medium, flowing stroke than a really fine line. I really don't like fine point pens! It was brushed steel with a sterling band.

It had SOUL!

Ballpoint pens are, to me . . . *shudder*
That's how I feel -.-

I've got a fine point on my Lamy right now. But I think I could probably live with a EF. Sometimes the line just seems so thick!

If I can find one I'll probably end up with a Parker next. I'm saving up so maybe in the next couple months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzelle View Post
Dreamy Siiiiigh I LOVE fountain pens. I used one when I wrote all my letters to DH when he was in basic. Then it got lost in the roach infested house I was living in at the time.

I want another one. I LOVE writing with them. It's like they really do have souls, and are so inspiring to write with.
Have you looked at some of the Lamy pens? They aren't the nicest pens but after tinkering with mine I have a really nice line when writing and it was only about $20.

It has a nice sound when writing though. It's a a little loud so I don't think it's for everyone. But it has a nice sound especially when you are writing a long message like a letter or in a journal.

Old 09-23-2012, 06:06 PM
Top Dog

My grandfather was given pens as gifts from the plant he worked at. My dad was also given pens by various clients throughout the past 30 years. I just threw them all in a box (well, they're in their nice, cushy boxes in a box). I had no idea people loved them so.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:20 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miakoda View Post
My grandfather was given pens as gifts from the plant he worked at. My dad was also given pens by various clients throughout the past 30 years. I just threw them all in a box (well, they're in their nice, cushy boxes in a box). I had no idea people loved them so.
I didn't either. I recently found the site fountainpennetwork.com and love reading all the reviews and dreaming about the pens I want lol. I really want a nice black pen either solid black or silver trim *drools*. Right now I use cartridges *the horror!* but would love to get one I can fill from a bottle.

Keep a hold of them and take care of them. I wish my grandparents had kept theirs. They are great things to have.

Old 09-23-2012, 07:03 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miakoda View Post
*dies*

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 09-23-2012, 07:06 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
*dies*
On the upside if she ever needs money she might find a gem in there XD

Old 09-23-2012, 07:34 PM
Felurian

That's very true! There may well be some very collectible pens in there.

I had a hoard of old -- ancient -- mechanical pencils and all sorts of pens, some of them from the art deco/nouveau era. I think they came through my dad's side of the family for the most part, although some of them may have been from nanny's side.

They weren't interesting to mom so she decided they were worthless and disposed of them in one of our moves.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 09-23-2012, 07:39 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
They weren't interesting to mom so she decided they were worthless and disposed of them in one of our moves.
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Old 09-23-2012, 07:44 PM
Felurian

Seriously.

Her favorite phrase for as long as I can remember has always been, "I don't like it; it's no good."

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian