Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 09-22-2012, 07:27 PM
I'm All Ears

Default Naps

Does anyone else have this problem?

I was so tired after walking the girls at the park that I decided to lay down for a nap. I woke up and now I feel like CRAP. I always feel like crap after taking a nap. Now I have a headache and feel blah and like I should just sleep the rest of the day away because it's pointless to be awake and so groggy and headache-y.

I thought naps were supposed to energize you?
Old 09-22-2012, 07:29 PM
Top Dog

Some naps do. Sometimes when I am REALLY tired, though, it actually my blood sugar. So when I sleep, I wake up 10x worse because I crashed so hard. So I usually try eating something before my naps, then if I'm still tired I know I can have a quick energizing nap with no worries.
Old 09-22-2012, 07:30 PM
Felurian

If I sleep during the day you know I was way past tired, past exhausted and into rexhausted, and I'm going to feel like death warmed over when I wake up -- and probably go back to sleep.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 09-22-2012, 07:31 PM
Top Dog

Me me! *raises hand*
I am the WORST nap taker! I so want to be one of those people who naps for an hour or two and wakes up ready to face the rest of the day, but if I nap for even 20 minutes, it takes me the rest of the day to recover! Oh and I turn in to grumpzilla after a nap too. Nope... I have to just go to bed early here. I can***8217;t sleep in either. Lifetime of horses did that to me. I can***8217;t stay in the bed past 6 or 7 am - even if someone else (like a loving husband) gets up and lets the dogs out for me.
~Suzanne Clothier
Old 09-22-2012, 07:32 PM
Top Dog

Yep. Most of the time when I have a nap I feel like crap after. The good thing I guess is that I don't have any problem falling asleep at bedtime then. I read somewhere that you need to nap less than 45 minutes for it to be a good nap.
Old 09-22-2012, 07:32 PM
Top Dog

I've never napped in my adult life, and barely ever did as a kid. I just can't sleep during the day, however much I want to sometimes.

Old 09-22-2012, 07:36 PM
Resident fainting goat

I can't nap for short periods.
I would rather stay away (even when really tired) then try to "nap" for 1-3 hours.. it'll just make me feel like crap.

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.
Old 09-22-2012, 07:36 PM
I'm All Ears

I napped for about 50 minutes (from the time I laid down to when my alarm went off). Then I felt terrible so slept another hour. Now I feel even worse.

I NEVER nap either, it's extremely rare. Precisely because if I do, I wake up feeling bad. But my sister will nap all the time. My dad can take a power nap then get up and get going. My co-worker takes a lunch nap every day. If I did that it'd be awful.

I ate bowl of soup afterwards but now I feel nauseous. I'm trying my darndest to not write off the rest of the day. I at least need to stay awake until 8...
Old 09-22-2012, 07:39 PM
Felurian

Buckshot amazes me. He's called when he's been on the road between jobs, tired, pulled off the road to take a nap, sleeps for 5 minutes or so, and then he's FINE. Blows my mind.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 09-22-2012, 08:13 PM
Top Dog

I usually feel the same way though sometimes it's a good nap. It's a weird 'feeling like crap' feeling though...my head is just totally funny, I feel far away...it's hard to describe.