Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-01-2012, 10:23 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
yeah.... ewww... no thanks.
Well then don't play roller derby and of you run into it in public ... Leave. Your issue... You avoid it as best you can. If you can't leave then turn your eyes. I am all for "respectful breastfeeding" but really this is ridiculous. If you can't handle what is in those photos then you deal with your own issue by leaving.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 10-01-2012, 10:27 PM
Top Dog

I had an issue at first because the pics didn't load and I thought they were breastfeeding while playing roller derby and that just seemed... wrong.

But really that isn't bad :/

Old 10-01-2012, 10:33 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardogs View Post
Saw this photo collection and thought of this thread for some reason

http://www.katehansenart.com/2/post/...ler-derby.html
MEALS ON WHEELS!!!!

*gratuitous lower case text*

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 10-01-2012, 10:33 PM
Resident fainting goat

Quote:
lol I don't think you were being offered anything that required declining.

That's the beauty of it! Breastfeeding is a totally personal thing between mother and child.. nobody is asking you to be involved, partake or look..We all have this amazing ability to look/walk away.
Life really is too short to let yourself be that offended by what somebody else is doing that has NOTHING to do with you and literally does not affect your life in any way whatsoever.

For example.. people chewing with their mouths open. Used to drive me NUTS. Like, I wanted to lunge across the table and ask them if they were raised by wolves.
and then I realized what a small thing it was. How by BEING annoyed and acting like a brat because of somebody else's eating habits I was allowing myself to focus on it 100% and let it become much bigger then it really was.

I thought it was THEIR fault for making me uncomfortable by eating that way. But really, it was my fault for looking, being around it, letting it affect me that much and CARING that much that it would really seem like this HUGE deal when in reality.. it didn't affect me at all.

Now, people chew like cattle around me and I just don't look. Problem solved lol

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:05 PM
Obey the Toad.

Quote:
Yeah, I find roller derby pretty disgusting too.....

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 10-01-2012, 11:20 PM
Will Creep For Sheep

Quote:
Oh brother. Grow up! Boobs are for food.

Although, I'm honestly still trying to wrap my head around the "I hate having my boobs touched" thing. I do not get that at all. LOL!

www.brigadoonbordercollies.com
http://brigadoonbc.wordpress.com/

Do you want your dog to respect you because you demanded it, or because you truly earned it?
Old 10-01-2012, 11:22 PM
Resident fainting goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnedByBCs View Post

Although, I'm honestly still trying to wrap my head around the "I hate having my boobs touched" thing. I do not get that at all. LOL!
Psh same here!

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:32 PM
We are Home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnedByBCs View Post

Hey I hate having my boobs touched

Granted its because they are currently for food

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 10-02-2012, 12:51 AM
Big Dog

In my case, I wasn't raised in the United States, and in my country this is something that it is not done, I don't know if it is because as a nation we tend to be very prude and reserved, or also because men are the typical macho (yes I'm kinda generalizing) and they don't know how to keep their comments to themselves.

When I moved here I experienced cultural shock in many ways, but also I learned how to see the world with different eyes and even though I still love my country and my culture I also appreciate and understand the culture here.

I don't understand why some people gets grossed out by a woman feeding her baby in a public place, I think is a beautiful connection between mother and baby. It was hard for me at first because I wasn't used to see it happening so publicly, but after meeting different friends that have babies I now know the true meaning of it, and honestly, IMO is a beautiful thing and something that shouldn't be a concern for others rather than mom and her baby.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:57 AM
We are Home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyRock View Post
In my case, I wasn't raised in the United States, and in my country this is something that it is not done, I don't know if it is because as a nation we tend to be very prude and reserved, or also because men are the typical macho (yes I'm kinda generalizing) and they don't know how to keep their comments to themselves.

When I moved here I experienced cultural shock in many ways, but also I learned how to see the world with different eyes and even though I still love my country and my culture I also appreciate and understand the culture here.

I don't understand why some people gets grossed out by a woman feeding her baby in a public place, I think is a beautiful connection between mother and baby. It was hard for me at first because I wasn't used to see it happening so publicly, but after meeting different friends that have babies I now know the true meaning of it, and honestly, IMO is a beautiful thing and something that shouldn't be a concern for others rather than mom and her baby.
What country if you dont mind me asking? (strictly out of pure interest)

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie