Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 09-23-2012, 04:58 PM
We are Home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danefied View Post
Why donít you make a list of all the things you donít want to see. That you feel you shouldnít have to see. Seriously. Make a list of things that personally offend you. Then send them to your local legislators and ask them to draft laws that make sure you, dogdragoness, are never personally offended by anyone else ever.

Seems legit to me...

oh and the rest of us can send them in too because if it offends you then its ok to ban for others.

I geuss being offended by mixed race couples should be banned because others dont like it.

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 09-23-2012, 05:00 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchild16 View Post
I geuss being offended by mixed race couples should be banned because others dont like it.
Ding, ding, ding. Number one thing I heard while I was in Texas. Even when DH was in uniform, we heard it all while we were just trying to quietly enjoy a meal.

People need to get over themselves.
Old 09-23-2012, 05:00 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy View Post
Many people in this country think the sight of two same gendered people kissing, holding hands, or showing any form of public affection is vomit-worthy and that it should be illegal because they are offended by it and don't want their kids exposed.

Should the rights of those same gendered people be compromised just because other people can't get over themselves?
Exactly.
At what point does validating someoneís discomfort turn in to enabling bigotry, racism, and misogyny? Its a slippery slope that has historically led to some pretty big atrocities.
~Suzanne Clothier
Old 09-23-2012, 05:01 PM
We are Home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzelle View Post
Ding, ding, ding. Number one thing I heard while I was in Texas. Even when DH was in uniform, we heard it all while we were just trying to quietly enjoy a meal.

People need to get over themselves.
I do want to add I dont have any problems with it just a example of something that WOULD affect her.

Old 09-23-2012, 05:02 PM
Felurian

Gotta ask . . . If I'm in a restaurant and someone at another table is quietly and normally, without fanfare or doing something loud and obnoxious to get attention, breastfeeding, if I'm minding my own d@mn business and not gawking around, nosing into other people's, why would it bother me? Why would I even notice, except maybe incidentally in passing?

What difference does it make to me and my life -- if I'm minding my own business?

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
ó Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 09-23-2012, 05:03 PM
We are Home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Gotta ask . . . If I'm in a restaurant and someone at another table is quietly, without fanfare or doing something loud and obnoxious to get attention, breastfeeding, if I'm minding my own d@mn business and not gawking around, nosing into other people's, why would it bother me? Why would I even notice, except maybe incidentally in passing?

What difference does it make to me and my life -- if I'm minding my own business?
ding ding ding
we have a winner.

Old 09-23-2012, 05:06 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzelle View Post
Uhm, you're still preaching your opinion, aren't you? No one is putting a gun to your head and telling you to shut up. Just because no one is agreeing with you, it doesn't mean that you aren't, over and over again, voicing your opinion.
Apparently you guys missed the comments earlier in this thread claiming that approaching a woman breastfeeding to say you don't like it is immature and wrong.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you canít eat money." ĖNative American proverb
Old 09-23-2012, 05:08 PM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara! View Post
Apparently you guys missed the comments earlier in this thread claiming that approaching a woman breastfeeding to say you don't like it is immature and wrong.
And you missed the comments where dogdragoness stated that she would confront someone if they were breastfeeding and she felt uncomfortable.
Old 09-23-2012, 05:08 PM
We are Home.

yes if shes sitting there minding her own buisness YES it is.

I geuss its ok for me to go up to you while your walking your dog and say OMG I hate Ridgebacks they should be banned?

Youd be right on here complaining about what someone said.

Now if shes talking to you and you are uncomfortable all of us have said TELL HER.

Old 09-23-2012, 05:09 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara! View Post
Because it is. Same as walking up to a gay couple and voicing your opinion. Same as walking up to a mentally disabled kids parents and telling them they need to get lost because it's distracting. Same as what I experienced in Texas. Or some guy walking up to me yesterday to voice his opinion about my "vibrant" hair.

People need to realize their comments and opinions aren't really all that welcome in our personal lives. I'm not divorcing my husband, changing my hair color, and if I ever have kids, I'm not forgoing feeding my kid all because it bothers YOU. Get over it.