Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 09-21-2012, 01:39 PM
Top Dog

I think the assumption is what bothers me. You ASSUME that is why she is breastfeeding but I would almost guarantee it's not.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:39 PM
We are Home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige View Post
and really, why is a grown adult's comfort more important than an infants?
this expecialy when you lok at the ingrediants to the altenative (if you cant pump) I have to give savannah supplemental formula and the SECOND ingrediant is CORN SYRUP you wont fed your dog inferior food for others why our infants?

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 09-21-2012, 01:41 PM
We are Home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardogs View Post
Maybe the kid is so good BECAUSE she breastfeeds?
This too Savannah is calmer when I breastfeed over pump and feed.

Old 09-21-2012, 01:43 PM
Let it be

My best friend is nursing a 40lb 2 year old and her breasts are bigger than my head. You can only imagine the looks she gets. People could very well think "WHOA, SHE IS DOING THAT TO PROVE A POINT HOW GROSS!" but really, she is terrified to even leave her house because of how she gets treated when they are out and her son asks to nurse.

To be shamed and treated like you are sexually abusing your child when you are doing something so natural is insane. The general public is nasty about it and yet all she is trying to do is meet a need her son has.

It's sad.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:44 PM
APBT crazy!

It doesn't bother me. Maybe her baby is on a routine and she doesn't want to mess that routine up!
Old 09-21-2012, 01:45 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchild16 View Post
this expecialy when you lok at the ingrediants to the altenative (if you cant pump) I have to give savannah supplemental formula and the SECOND ingrediant is CORN SYRUP you wont fed your dog inferior food for others why our infants?
It doesn't seem like Jackson's mom has a problem with breast feeding- just the idea of breast feeding in public.

I'm fine with people breast feeding in public, but I definitely think there is a time and a place for it. A mom's room, a daycare room, a bench off to the side in the mall, etc... to me, those are places that I would nurse. I couldn't imagine just walking through a store and doing it, but that's just me. Then again, I'm fairly modest with my body.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 09-21-2012, 01:46 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige View Post
My best friend is nursing a 40lb 2 year old and her breasts are bigger than my head. You can only imagine the looks she gets. People could very well think "WHOA, SHE IS DOING THAT TO PROVE A POINT HOW GROSS!" but really, she is terrified to even leave her house because of how she gets treated when they are out and her son asks to nurse.

To be shamed and treated like you are sexually abusing your child when you are doing something so natural is insane. The general public is nasty about it and yet all she is trying to do is meet a need her son has.

It's sad.
Well that's just rude. I would NEVER say something to someone. Sure I can feel uncomfortable about it, but I can't imagine giving dirty looks, or actually saying anything.

Brit & Jackson

Old 09-21-2012, 01:47 PM
Love My Mutt <3

The thing about this situation... its not REALLY in public. It's in a *daycare*, where the employees should want the best for the child -- which means that the parent should be able to breastfeed without being judged. I'm sure she's not doing it just to be like "LOOK I STILL BREASTFEED" and I'm sure she'd have no problem if you looked away while she was doing it.

As far as "its not like the kids hungry"...what? Did the baby tell you that? Cause I'm sure if it wasn't hungry, it wouldn't be eating. I'm sure the mother knows when her kid should eat, and 4 hours is kind of normal as far as time without feeding...

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 09-21-2012, 01:47 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jessie~ View Post
It doesn't seem like Jackson's mom has a problem with breast feeding- just the idea of breast feeding in public.

I'm fine with people breast feeding in public, but I definitely think there is a time and a place for it.
This.

Brit & Jackson

Old 09-21-2012, 01:48 PM
We are Home.

you cant just decide when to breastfeed and when not babies are hungry when they are hungry. Its also not posible to stop your life for 2 years for with a infant. Im sure the 5 inches of skin you can see around her head is more then you see in a tanktop.