Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 10-01-2012, 09:15 AM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Default It's my anniversary

Well... today marks two years that Josh and I have been married...

and I don't really know how I feel about it right now...

I keep having people wish me a happy anniversary or saying "Oh yayyyy such a happy day for you!" but... maybe I'm just having a really bad day right now, but I don't feel like jumping up and down in joy over it.

I love him, don't get me wrong... but... well... I'm not going to rehash it since majority of this forum knows my personal life more than I should probably have ever let spill out.

Has anyone ever felt like this on an anniversary?

Oh and he left this morning without even saying goodbye... probably because there was a little argument last night. I doubt he even knows it's our anniversary honestly and he'll probably be working late again. oh well. Maybe he'll surprise me? Doubt it, but you never know. We have been doing better lately, except for the past couple weeks since stress has been on hiatus.

Have you ever hit a milestone and just felt drab about it? It could be an anniversary, a birthday, etc.
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 10-01-2012, 09:26 AM
<--------Orson

Well, I wished you a happy anniversary on FB......but that's because I truly hope it IS (or turns into) a happy day for you

And yes, I ALWAYS feel drab about my birthday. As far back as I can remember, I never liked my birthday, getting older, CHANGE. Don't get me wrong, I love presents, LOL.....just not my birthday. Even now, my birthday is over two months away and the dread has started. I know, I'm weird, LOL

And sweetie, try hard not to hold it against him if he doesn't remember. He's a guy, and remembering things besides sports stats is not something they are particularly good at.....doesn't mean he doesn't care about the date, just means he forgot it WAS the date.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:37 AM
Top Dog

I'm pretty meh about my birthday. It's just another day and half the time I forget how old I am anyway.

Me and Matt have forgotten our anniversary for the last three years. I usually have to check facebook to figure out what the date even is. (I just had to go look and it's the 26th, not the 28th like I thought it was. Whoops.)

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 10-01-2012, 11:09 AM
Top Dog

My husband got invited to a poker tournament with some work buddies last week. The guy hosting it sent out a calendar to select the date, they all picked a good day, and he said that was great. Went home, told wifey the guys were coming over that day...and she goes, "Oh, cool...we're playing poker for our anniversary?"

Oops.

I hope your day ends up being better than expected.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:14 AM

Well he just updated his facebook status to "Yall can kiss my a$$" and then texted me saying "Don't expect me to be home anytime soon" so I'm guess it's not going to get any better today. About to crawl into bed and snuggle the dogs for a bit.

I don't know what is going on with him today? I'm seriously confused.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:18 AM
Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittledoo View Post
Well he just updated his facebook status to "Yall can kiss my a$$" and then texted me saying "Don't expect me to be home anytime soon" so I'm guess it's not going to get any better today. About to crawl into bed and snuggle the dogs for a bit.

What is something that you really really like to do? Go out and do it, don't let his actions decide if you should feel happy or not Just go out and do something you love, not because it is your anniversary but because you deserve some happy time too!
Old 10-01-2012, 11:20 AM
Felurian

Anniversaries are milestones -- and milestones are markers, units of measure that allow you to consider the journey.

(((((((HUGS)))))))

Go do something with the dogs.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 10-01-2012, 11:31 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittledoo View Post

Is there a chance (even a small one) that he could have seen this thread?
Old 10-01-2012, 11:35 AM
Top Dog

Awww...I'm so sorry. Life is too short (take it from me) to spend it being unhappy. Josh sounds like a real 'winner.' I know you love him or the "him" you thought he would be or you wish he could be....or the "him" you hope he'll morph into. I know I wouldn't waste another second, but I'm one to want to LIVE life every second that I have. I've wasted enough time with real losers, so....

I hope, for now though, you can go do something fun...just you and the dogs. Or maybe a friend and you can go out for lunch or dinner together. Splurge. I guess you can be "with" him and still make your own life along side him, do things you like to do, hobbies, friends, dogs. I wish you all the best in the future.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 10-01-2012, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraB View Post
Is there a chance (even a small one) that he could have seen this thread?
I doubt it. He wouldn't take the time to check up on me on Chaz. He hates computers... if he does see it then whatever at this point. I just wish he would come home so we can talk.