Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

View Poll Results: Are collars a big deal to you?
Nah....I have 1 or 2 and that works fine 26 37.68%
Yes, I love to buy lots of different collars/harnesses and have quite a collection 21 30.43%
I would love to buy more, but I have to wait 21 30.43%
My dogs don't wear collars or harnesses 1 1.45%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-20-2012, 10:52 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toller_08 View Post
Here! I actually saw them years ago but didn't have money to get them at the time, and then that computer died so I lost the link and was sad. But then somebody posted the link to them earlier today on another dog board so I decided that I had to have them this time. Although I think I originally saw them on a different website; one with a better picture. But the person who posted this link gave a good review. I really like rolled leather collars, but I hate that they only way to tag them is to attach hanging tags normally, so was thrilled to find one with a nameplate.
I definitely need to bookmark that for the future!
Puzzle Piece Gabby RLV 8 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years
Old 09-21-2012, 12:29 AM
Bite me.

We have a Paco and three Ella's Lead collars. And another on the way.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:37 AM
Mainstreme Elitist

I like to window shop for them, because unfortunately I don't have a huge collar budget. So right now each of my girls has two collars with the exception of Cara because I lost her rolled leather somewhere. With that being said, I do plan on ordering Cara an Ella's Lead collar for her second birthday.

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet
Old 09-21-2012, 12:42 AM
Blackout

I like browsing them/online window shopping. I don't need to have a huge array of collars in every imaginable color, pattern, style etc for Katalin though.
All except when we happen to meet.

Stories, Poetry, and Musings
http://inugami1112.wordpress.com/

"And it's all been lost before, so there's nothing to lose..."

"There are those that love dogs insanely and those that don't. But once you like a dog, you're sunk. You're a dog person for life."

UKC Kuvasz Standard
AKC Kuvasz Standard
Old 09-21-2012, 12:51 AM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

I picked "I'd love to buy more but have to wait." I love decorative collars but haven't had the money til now. As it is I'm waiting on my debit card in the mail. But once I get it I'd like to order some collarmania collars.

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 09-21-2012, 02:26 AM
Top Dog

I like collars a lot, but I don't have the budget for a ton of them. So everyone has at least one nice leather collar. The dogs who like to slip collars also have martingales for when we're out and about. I do like to look though
Old 09-21-2012, 02:30 AM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

I definitely go in spurts. When Harlow turned one and stopped going through WalMart collars like crazy, I went a little nuts and got like 6 of them. Since then, I think all but one has had dee rings, buckles and doG knows what else taken off to be used for other projects. I try to repurpose the straps for tugs and such.

I make leather collars, so she has a handful of those. Right now, I'm really craving a super nice, sturdy, and waterproof martingale for both dogs from CollarMania as well as a rolled leather collar for each of them for tags.

Usually, I try to keep it to just window shopping and I think once I get these, I will be done for quite a while, as I have funds that need to go elsewhere. (:

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/trailingcattle
Old 09-21-2012, 07:07 AM
Top Dog

I have a lot of collars for the dogs but most of them I made. And I actually started making collars so I could have cute ones without paying through the nose.

Murphy currently has...three Collar Mania collars with his name on them, one Ella's Lead collar that he never wears, a harness I made him, and an Easy Walk. Mu has a million cloth collars that I made, one EL collar that she never wears, one Collar Mania collar with her name and our phone number on it, and one harness that I need to replace. Tipper shares Mu's cloth collars, has an EL tag collar that I LOVE, one Collar Mania collar with her name and our phone number on it, and one harness that also needs replaced.

I actually stopped even really looking at collars last year when we had to make the girls go naked in the house. It's not worth having cute collars if they get their teeth stuck in them in the middle of a fight. I still want one nice leather collar for each of them but I'm considering just making them myself....I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 09-21-2012, 08:19 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Can't see 'em on my guys so no. Also I use martingales, so unless I buy from collar makers ($$) it's not like they come in cute patterns anyway. I'm too poor to like collars I suppose. =P

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 09-21-2012, 08:25 AM
Chihuahua Power!

I looooove collars! Rory has 2 Pacos, Emma has 2 Pacos, Rylie has 1 Paco, Chloe has 2 Pacos, and Tucker has 1 Paco. Since the chihuahuas each have their "perfect" leather collar, I haven't bought as many lately! I'm getting Rory another Paco in the near future (The Glow- it's their new awesome collar!).

Here's my Paco 'collection'. I've sold 2 of them since they never wore them!

Our Paco Collars by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

My problem is that I only like leather collars... so I haven't bought any fabric collars in a while. And I also LOVE Fetching Tags

Harnesses are another story- I walk the chihuahuas on harnesses and I LOOOOVE cute ones! We have quite the harness collection.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep