Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 09-18-2012, 06:39 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

I haven't really done any dating sights but hubby and i met online in a chat room. A few months later we met. He came to visit me a
Few times and soon after I moved down here with him and a year later we were married. 7 years so far and it is only geting better

But I wouldn't say that is typical lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 09-18-2012, 06:43 PM
We are Home.

My best friend also met her boyfriend in one of her ex's gaming chat rooms LOL. She lives with him in VA now (moved from FL)

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 09-18-2012, 06:57 PM
Are you dead yet?

Quote:
Have you tried it?
In a way, yes.

Quote:
Have you paid for it?
No.

Quote:
Have you met people off "the internet" or dating sites?
"The internet", yes. Dating sites, no. I honestly don't like the idea of dating sites. I don't feel like you can ever truly get to know someone when they're on the internet, trying to put their best foot forward so they can get in the door for a relationship or sexy times. I don't even feel like you can get to know people that way on dates. It's just not how I work, personally, but I know it's worked for some people and that's great for them!

Quote:
What experiences have you had/heard of...good or bad?
My boyfriend and I met on the internet, through world of warcraft (yeah we're THOSE people). We spent a ton of time playing video games and talking on skype; we both had a lot of free time and were both pretty lonely/reclusive. We were best friends for a couple of years, and started dating when I flew into Cleveland to visit in February this year.

By the time we actually met in person, we knew each other extremely well, had been present for each other during some pretty rough times, seen each other already etc, so there was really no massive surprise or "wow, you're nothing like I thought". I guess that's a boring story, but I tell it anyway because it's got a happy ending thus far, and isn't a horror story about omg you'll get raped if you meet people from the internet. I got blessed with a terrific boyfriend and through him, a terrific extended family.

I've met a few handfuls of people from 'the internet'. One out of all of them was a horrific experience and taught me to be extremely careful with who I trust, but it's something that could've happened had I never known this person over the internet, and only met them in real life. People are sleazy sometimes, it's not only on the internet.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:02 PM
Top Dog

Have you tried it? Yes.
Have you paid for it? Nope.
Have you met people off "the internet" or dating sites? Yes..more than I care to admit . It can be kind of addicting to roll the dice every weekend.
What experiences have you had/heard of...good or bad? Both. Only one I would consider really bad, a few normal people, a few that I wanted to make an exit after 5 minutes. I don't know how you can stress the fact that you are a huge dog person on your profile, and then that person tells you that they throw their dog across the room when it annoys them. The last guy I dated was actually really cool and I still like him, I saw him for about 4 months, but I felt he just wasn't for me/timing wasn't right/no spark..idk, just something off.
How dangerous is the infamous "stranger of the internet"? No more dangerous than going on a date with someone you met at the grocery store or the bar. Less dangerous than going home with someone from the bar. Meet in public, get a feel for him, and my personal rule, don't let him know where you live for a month or two .

Old 09-18-2012, 07:09 PM
Custom User Title

I met my girlfriend of 4 years right here on Chaz, lol.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:13 PM
Top Dog

Have you tried it? I met my last bf online

Have you paid for it? No never used a dating site

Have you met people off "the internet" or dating sites? Met my bf online

What experiences have you had/heard of...good or bad? It was good at first until it turned out he was an insane control freak who was emotionally abusive. I didn't find out until way later because it was online and we had absolutely no near connections I could meet or could talk to me to warn me.

How dangerous is the infamous "stranger of the internet"? Ehh honestly probably not that dangerous. I've heard way more people get mugged/beat up/murdered going to the grocery store than actually meeting someone from online.

Old 09-18-2012, 07:27 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 GTS View Post
I met my girlfriend of 4 years right here on Chaz, lol.
Yeah, that.

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:38 PM
& the Muttly Crew

I think I met hubby before the internet. Or rather, before internet dating. So no.

But I have met people IRL that I only knew online. Lived to tell the tale so far anyway. Meet in public places. Bring a good dog. Don't throw a ball way out into a lake to make your good dog useless.

Erm, I may not always follow that last one :P

Really though I don't think it's that uncommon for people to meet online now, especially once you get out of school.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 09-18-2012, 07:49 PM
Top Dog

Dh and I met in middle school, but we reconnected over MySpace a few years ago, then everything from there is history.

My mom met her second husband in Health Lobby of Yahoo Chat. You know, back when that was popular.

Most of the friends I have, I met online, though. Either from writing forums or dog forums.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:41 PM
Taxiderpy

One of my friends went on a date with a guy through OKcupid. It was an epic disaster. He was a total creeper, and told her in the middle of dinner that he liked dating because he got to the "endgame" without having to pay a ho. She was like .

and

and some more.

Especially when he started putting moves on her, and was just really creepy in general. And tried to follow her home.

That being said, she met her fiance through WoW, he was her guildmaster. Aww. lol