Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 09-21-2012, 04:43 PM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Now all we need is that mainstreme extremist guy to come back.
That guy was so much fun. Sad that all the trolls get worn down and run away so fast. Wasn't he the same guy that wanted to created super duper shepogos to defend him in the event of a zombie apocalypse and fetch wild boars at his bidding?
Old 09-21-2012, 05:38 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubygirl View Post
And if a dog of yours fatally mauls one of your children or children in your care then you will eat those words.
I would never put a dog over the safety of my children. They can go to sleep knowing that. I think it's far more powerful then anything that you stated above...
I havenít read past this.

Wow...

Well, since weíve lost any sense of propriety, Iíll just go ahead and tell you that frankly, the odds of your kids getting mauled by your dogs are far greater than the odds of that happening to mine. Violence begets violence. Dogs who are treated aggressively sooner or later will respond with aggression. Unless you kill Ďem with the aggression. But then, your kill the dog tactic doesnít prevent maulings. It just kills the dog after the fact. Kid is still mauled. See, my tactic of training, trust building, and common sense management, actually PREVENTS maulings.

Example 1:
Visiting kid does a cartwheel while resident dog is eating dinner. Visiting kid over-rotates, crashes and falls on top of dog who is eating dinner. Dog and kid hit the ground with a thud. Dog extricates himself out from under the kid with a grunt, turns and licks said kid on the face, returns nonplussed to his dinner. This is from a dog who came to us with cat eating, chicken eating, horse chasing and other fun impulse control issues. Heís also not normal in other ways LOL. I would not expect that kind of reaction from a normal dog.

Example 2:
Son feeds dogs dinner. Halfway through the feeding routine, son realizes he gave the wrong bowls out. Before I could stop him, he grabs the bowl out from under the former guarderís nose, takes it to the other great dane, then takes the right bowl back to the former guarder. Former food aggressive great dane just stood there all goofy, floppy body, waggy tail. Not upset in the least. I never would have intentionally tested him out like this, but its really nice to know how completely mellow he is about it.

I could go on and on. Nerf wars where dogs get accidentally shot or smacked with a gun or foam sword. They donít care. Visiting kids shrieking in fear of the huge dogs, pulling tails before I get a chance to tell them we donít do that in this house, etc., etc., etc.

Our dogs are trustworthy with kids because our dogs view humans as trustworthy and safe. Because when the rare unsupervised moment happens or the rare stepped on tail happens, the dogs view it as the anomaly that it is, they know their signals will be heeded, and that I or DH will step in and help. They donít bite because they have zero need to escalate to that point, and they lead a life that doesnít let them get stressed to that level.

Oh, and finally, if you would never put a dog over the safety of your children, you should not have dogs period.
~Suzanne Clothier
Old 09-21-2012, 05:47 PM
Top Dog

"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 09-21-2012, 05:57 PM
I'm All Ears

At least I learned one thing from this thread. If you disagree with someone about the way they care for their dog then they obviously hump their dogs.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:02 PM
such sights to show you

Quote:
At least I learned one thing from this thread. If you disagree with someone about the way they care for their dog then they obviously hump their dogs.
Don't you mean that they dry hump their manbiters while furiously clicking, eating ice cream, and whistling Dixie?

Old 09-21-2012, 06:14 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Well to be fair, it wasn't until I agreed that I don't clicker train that I apparently hump her came out

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 09-21-2012, 06:40 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Our dogs are trustworthy with kids because our dogs view humans as trustworthy and safe. Because when the rare unsupervised moment happens or the rare stepped on tail happens, the dogs view it as the anomaly that it is, they know their signals will be heeded, and that I or DH will step in and help. They donít bite because they have zero need to escalate to that point, and they lead a life that doesnít let them get stressed to that level.

I read these last few pages on my phone while walking around on my horse. I almost fell out of the saddle laughing a few times.

Can we get some sort of sorbet for those of us who have issues with dairy food to eat while humping our dogs?

Old 09-21-2012, 06:43 PM
such sights to show you

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post
Can we get some sort of sorbet for those of us who have issues with dairy food to eat while humping our dogs?
Oh god sorbet is even MORE society-crushing than ice cream!

Old 09-21-2012, 06:58 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
LOL poor Ruby, so sad.
For sure. Ruby has no chance. Poor Girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jessie~ View Post
OMG!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
Don't you mean that they dry hump their manbiters while furiously clicking, eating ice cream, and whistling Dixie?
LMFAO! WOW. WOW.

Seriously, Rubygirl got a little out there. What an ignorant idiot.
The OldMan Hobie-CGC Rotten Old Dog 11/14/99-01/08/2013
Talulajhs RedChrome Kahpone-CGC TT BH TDI 10/31/04-06/07/10.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:12 PM
Sport Model Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
Sounds like a good time.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug