Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #371  
Old 09-21-2012, 02:49 PM
sassafras's Avatar
sassafras sassafras is offline
such sights to show you
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 5,672
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubygirl View Post
As an experiment just now- I just gave my dog eye contact and she knew to come. I then leaned forward a bit and she knew to sit (i didnt have to say a word). Dogs can read us a whole lot more then we think... dogs should know not to bite unless seriously threatened. This dog was not seriously threateded.
LOL your dog KNOWS you. My dogs aren't afraid of eye contact from ME because we've trained it and they know what to expect from me. They certainly would respond differently to a cocky, bullying stranger in their yard. You just really don't understand much about dog behavior, do you?
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #372  
Old 09-21-2012, 02:50 PM
~Jessie~'s Avatar
~Jessie~ ~Jessie~ is offline
Chihuahua Power!
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 19,601
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubygirl View Post
Yeah because you would really know which children were mine
The respectful quiet children that obey their parents. Or to you they would be considered withdrawn and suppressed lmao!
I feel the exact same worry. People who love their dogs as much or more then their kids should also be euthanized.
I'm confused- were you replying to my post? This ramble make no sense whatsoever.

Any parent who understands dogs (and respecting them) will teach their children to ask before petting one. As a child, my parents taught me not to pet any dogs without asking the owners beforehand. Some dogs don't like children or strangers, some dogs like their personal space, etc, etc, and it's rude to pet a dog without asking their owners before hand.
__________________

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Reply With Quote
  #373  
Old 09-21-2012, 02:53 PM
Dogdragoness's Avatar
Dogdragoness Dogdragoness is offline
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Gillett/San Antonio TX
Posts: 3,514
Default

Jessie>> agreed O_o. ppl like her are the reason that i couldnt take my Izze to petco or petsmart, because there are ppl out there that think their kids have the right to run up & pet any dog they like & the dog has no say... really...REALLY??? does a dog not have feelings? does he not feel pain, anguish, fear & hurt? Izze was a kid hater, big time.

im sorry to disappoint you but you wouldnt get the chance because if you aggressed towards one of my dogs you would have me to deal with... very... quickly.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #374  
Old 09-21-2012, 02:54 PM
rubygirl rubygirl is offline
Show Dog
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 203
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
Bullied = seriously threatened.

And congratulations, you (meaning to or not) trained your dog previously to sit when you bring your head to her.
OHHHH no did I do it "Cesar's way" ? Lol
I didn't click over and over and treat and scream and wail in a high pitched voice. And then buy my dog an ice cream cone and sing a country tune while whistling Dixie. Nor did I leave my dog my house in the will in the chance that I might die before she did. I didn't buy her a Louis Vuitton set of puppy boots and a Gucci puppy jacket. I don't prioritize her over my children... Oh the humanity!,!!!!!
You guys (not all but most) are a joke.
I've wasted my time being here as I am (thankfully) not in the same puppy humping niche as the majority belonging to this forum.
I've got other things to do so have a very nice day with your clicker/treat trained puppy that is all that you have to live for!
__________________
I'm sorry. You are not a mommy because you own a dog
Reply With Quote
  #375  
Old 09-21-2012, 02:55 PM
rubygirl rubygirl is offline
Show Dog
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 203
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jessie~ View Post
I'm confused- were you replying to my post? This ramble make no sense whatsoever.

Any parent who understands dogs (and respecting them) will teach their children to ask before petting one. As a child, my parents taught me not to pet any dogs without asking the owners beforehand. Some dogs don't like children or strangers, some dogs like their personal space, etc, etc, and it's rude to pet a dog without asking their owners before hand.
No f*****g kidding.
__________________
I'm sorry. You are not a mommy because you own a dog
Reply With Quote
  #376  
Old 09-21-2012, 02:55 PM
JessLough JessLough is offline
Love My Mutt <3
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 13,164
Default

Pretty sure I don't clicker train. LOL nor do I treat train. Sorry you're trying to bully me and miserably failing!!

Don't you have kids you should be paying attention to rather sitting on the computer? Don't want to let them miss out on learning to abuse their dog!
__________________
Ella: 3 year old female ferret
Nacho: ~8 year old male ferret

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Reply With Quote
  #377  
Old 09-21-2012, 02:56 PM
Beanie's Avatar
Beanie Beanie is online now
Clicker Cult Coordinator
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 13,359
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jessie~ View Post
I'm confused- were you replying to my post? This ramble make no sense whatsoever.
That's her modus operandi. Also when asked a direct question that the answer to is "yes," quickly divert to a different subject so it doesn't become obvious you're losing the debate.


ETA: Is this the same person who told us years and years ago we were part of the "cookie waving cult?" That was my forum title for ages and I just changed it like a year ago. I loved that. Clicker Cult sounds pretty cool too though, for the alliteration.
__________________


Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Reply With Quote
  #378  
Old 09-21-2012, 02:57 PM
sassafras's Avatar
sassafras sassafras is offline
such sights to show you
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 5,672
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubygirl View Post
OHHHH no did I do it "Cesar's way" ? Lol
I didn't click over and over and treat and scream and wail in a high pitched voice. And then buy my dog an ice cream cone and sing a country tune while whistling Dixie. Nor did I leave my dog my house in the will in the chance that I might die before she did. I didn't buy her a Louis Vuitton set of puppy boots and a Gucci puppy jacket. I don't prioritize her over my children... Oh the humanity!,!!!!!
You guys (not all but most) are a joke.
Ah, fabrications and personal insults. The last refuge of someone who is insecure in their position.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #379  
Old 09-21-2012, 02:57 PM
~Jessie~'s Avatar
~Jessie~ ~Jessie~ is offline
Chihuahua Power!
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 19,601
Default

I think it's time to call the local mental institution to let them know they've lost one.
__________________

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Reply With Quote
  #380  
Old 09-21-2012, 02:58 PM
~Jessie~'s Avatar
~Jessie~ ~Jessie~ is offline
Chihuahua Power!
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 19,601
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
That's her modus operandi. Also when asked a direct question that the answer to is "yes," quickly divert to a different subject so it doesn't become obvious you're losing the debate.


ETA: Is this the same person who told us years and years ago we were part of the "cookie waving cult?" That was my forum title for ages and I just changed it like a year ago. I loved that. Clicker Cult sounds pretty cool too though, for the alliteration.
I went back to that thread yesterday, actually, because this person seemed very similar in their ways of arguing.
__________________

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:41 PM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site