Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #321  
Old 09-21-2012, 03:09 PM
Lyzelle's Avatar
Lyzelle Lyzelle is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,759
Default

NILF and purposely bullying a dog are two very different things, IMO.
__________________
Zander and HarleyQuinn
Reply With Quote
  #322  
Old 09-21-2012, 03:10 PM
Lyzelle's Avatar
Lyzelle Lyzelle is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,759
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubygirl View Post
That may very well be but I would love to meet the perfect child. Can you find me one please?
Logic goes both ways. Where are these perfect dogs?

It has nothing to do with the child being perfect. If they make a mistake, it's theirs or the parents. Not the dogs. No more than it's a strangers fault you let your kid play in the street.
__________________
Zander and HarleyQuinn
Reply With Quote
  #323  
Old 09-21-2012, 03:11 PM
~Jessie~'s Avatar
~Jessie~ ~Jessie~ is offline
Chihuahua Power!
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 19,625
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubygirl View Post
I wonder how you guys would do training police k9. How would the release command work? "You got the guy, oh good, just release him when you feel like it"....
What?

Police dogs ARE trained to release with a command.
__________________

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Reply With Quote
  #324  
Old 09-21-2012, 03:12 PM
rubygirl rubygirl is offline
Show Dog
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 203
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzelle View Post
NILF and purposely bullying a dog are two very different things, IMO.
I agree. What I'm saying is that just because a dog has something doesn't mean that you shouldn't have the ability to retrieve it right out of their mouths.
That would render most retrievers, therapy dogs, and k9 officers very useless don't you think?
__________________
I'm sorry. You are not a mommy because you own a dog
Reply With Quote
  #325  
Old 09-21-2012, 03:13 PM
rubygirl rubygirl is offline
Show Dog
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 203
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jessie~ View Post
What?

Police dogs ARE trained to release with a command.
Yes they are. What if they didn't obey... would you wait until the animal fatally mauled the suspect? Or would you pry the dog off the guy...? Oh no wait that would be taking something away that the dog was allowed to bite.
__________________
I'm sorry. You are not a mommy because you own a dog
Reply With Quote
  #326  
Old 09-21-2012, 03:14 PM
~Jessie~'s Avatar
~Jessie~ ~Jessie~ is offline
Chihuahua Power!
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 19,625
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubygirl View Post
Yes they are. What if they didn't obey... would you wait until the animal fatally mauled the suspect? Or would you pry the dog off the guy...? Oh no wait that would be taking something away that the dog was allowed to bite.
It's a little something called training, which you can't seem to grasp.
__________________

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Reply With Quote
  #327  
Old 09-21-2012, 03:14 PM
rubygirl rubygirl is offline
Show Dog
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 203
Default

I just have a different viewpoint I guess. I value my kids over a dog, what can I say?
The fact at hand is this- the dog bit a person hard enough to do serious damage (with little provocation IMO) + the family had a young child. End of story IMO.
__________________
I'm sorry. You are not a mommy because you own a dog
Reply With Quote
  #328  
Old 09-21-2012, 03:15 PM
Lyzelle's Avatar
Lyzelle Lyzelle is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,759
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubygirl View Post
I agree. What I'm saying is that just because a dog has something doesn't mean that you shouldn't have the ability to retrieve it right out of their mouths.
That would render most retrievers, therapy dogs, and k9 officers very useless don't you think?
I never said that, either. Plenty of people here have said that training a release is possible.

So what is your point in this argument? Because you keep dodging all the points being made and putting words in our mouths.
__________________
Zander and HarleyQuinn
Reply With Quote
  #329  
Old 09-21-2012, 03:15 PM
rubygirl rubygirl is offline
Show Dog
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 203
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jessie~ View Post
It's a little something called training, which you can't seem to grasp.
I can grasp it alright. So Cesar was training (in his way) how to not guard her food...
__________________
I'm sorry. You are not a mommy because you own a dog
Reply With Quote
  #330  
Old 09-21-2012, 03:16 PM
rubygirl rubygirl is offline
Show Dog
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 203
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzelle View Post
I never said that, either. Plenty of people here have said that training a release is possible.

So what is your point in this argument? Because you keep dodging all the points being made and putting words in our mouths.
You stated. Once the dog has something it is theirs. No it isn't. I don't know how I can state that in any more/less simplistic terms.
__________________
I'm sorry. You are not a mommy because you own a dog
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:14 AM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site