Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 09-20-2012, 11:26 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubygirl View Post
I really don't know what else to say guys. Don't welcome the newbie because her views are oppositional... I feel like I've been fairly respectful (albiet a little straightforward) and I have just expressed my feelings/thoughts on the subject.
I WILL NOT tolerate a dog attacking for ANY reason. I would put that particular dog down or send it somewhere (like Cesar's rehabilitation centre) where it is always supervised and kept away from the general public.
Yes some may have the abilities to cope with such a dog but I have 2 small children to think about. Heck, even if that dog bit me or my husband I would kill it (my husband would just break its neck without another thought).
Maybe that's ego or anger but I don't really give a d@mn.
You guys have flamed me and I've tolerated it but now I'm just getting fed up. I appreciate your opinions although mine differs MAJORLY. I stand by how I feel.
I will now leave this thread be, only BECAUSE I don't want to get angry...

That's not it. There seems to be a lack of logic and any kind of backing up for your statements, which in many cases appear to not be in line with the way dogs are. Your unrealistic expectations are not in line with how dogs ARE. You appear very uninformed about canine behavior. If you wouldn't have a dog that would bite for ANY reason, including being threatened and hurt by a human, then you shouldn't have a dog at all, except for maybe one of these....because dogs WILL bite for some reasons.

No, your views you have every right to. But you could be a little more open minded and learn something about........(what this forum is for) dogs!
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 09-20-2012, 11:26 AM
Glutton for Crazy

Check out a pit bull forum, if they disagree they'll threaten your kids after googling your home address. lol Chaz is tame, you may want to reevaluate "sensitive".

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:27 AM
Show Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
Hopeful for her sake she's not too stubborn, word on the street is its of to the shoot range if you cross the handler.

In all seriousness where do you draw the line? What causes you to break your dogs necks?
I'LL TYPE THIS IN BOLD SO THAT YOU CAN U N D E R S T A N D.... I WOULD PUT MY DOG DOWN IF SHE AGGRESSIVELY ATTACKED ANY MEMBER OF OUR FAMILY. IF SHE BIT HARD ENOUGH TO DRAW BLOOD. SHE WOULD BE TAKEN TO THE VET, AND BE INJECTED WITH SODIUM PENTATHOL AND SHE WOULD PEACEFULLY PASS AWAY.
The neck breaking thing was more tongue in cheek then anything. Although I'm sure he would shoot her if he had a gun available to him.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:28 AM
such sights to show you

Quote:
I really don't know what else to say guys. Don't welcome the newbie because her views are oppositional... I feel like I've been fairly respectful (albiet a little straightforward) and I have just expressed my feelings/thoughts on the subject.
Everyone is just expressing their feelings/thoughts on the subject. Other people have as much of a right to disagree with you as you do to disagree with them.

And honestly, the "if you don't have kids you don't understand" thing gets old and it's a deflection. First of all, because several people here DO have kids. Second of all, not being a mother doesn't mean you never take care of children.

And honestly, the "what if that were a child" argument? If you let an 18-month-old child get into the situation Cesar got himself into, then I don't have many things to say about your parenting skills.

Old 09-20-2012, 11:28 AM
Glutton for Crazy

Ahhh so you never have been in a situation of having to choose life or death and by what terms.

Now I get it.

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:29 AM
Show Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
If you feel you are getting flamed and that everyone here is picking on you, don't you think that maybe, just maybe there's a reason for it? I know that if I received this kind of reaction to an opinion I would probably re-examine exactly why I felt that way and see if the people "attacking" me had a point. You said you want to learn - this is a prime opportunity.
I think it's possible that others of a like mind might be too intimidated to post so that they don't get roasted....? Or so that they will not be shunned from the group? I don't know...?
I'm not going to find attacking animals any more acceptable...
Old 09-20-2012, 11:30 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
I'm trying to understand but we're getting lost in translation.
There's definitely some kind of failure to communicate here, and I think it's made more complicated by the random comments. A long comparison that is just random and worth absolutely nothing, a claim of breaking a neck that is an exaggeration - I think it's simply that there's a lot of nonsense statements being made that have nothing to do with the conversation at hand, therefore we can't understand. I could suddenly tell you a really long story about the day our production computers crashed (we call it Spotmaggedon) and act as though it's relevant somehow, and you would be straining to understand what that has to do with resource guarding, and then I would be like "Surprise!! It doesn't have anything to do with anything! Computers and computers and dogs are dogs!" and you would be left feeling totally confused.

I think that's what is happening here. There may be some relevant comments but there's so many that aren't that it's hard to figure out what is relevant and not.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA NAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
such sights to show you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
If you feel you are getting flamed and that everyone here is picking on you, don't you think that maybe, just maybe there's a reason for it? I know that if I received this kind of reaction to an opinion I would probably re-examine exactly why I felt that way and see if the people "attacking" me had a point. You said you want to learn - this is a prime opportunity.
Yes, it's a good time to reflect on why a whole bunch of people seem to all disagree with me, and for the same reasons. Self-reflection ftw.

Chihuahua Power!

I just finally was able to get caught up on this thread, and wow.

Wow.

WOW.

Okay, now that I've gotten THAT out of my system...

I've watched the video and my husband has watched the video- we are both in agreement that the dog was pushed to her breaking point. I know that Tucker, Rory, and Rylie probably would've bit Cesar in that situation, and I wouldn't blame them one bit.

Quote:
Other forums are quick to pull the "shoot the dog" card, I choose this one because it is not. There is a grey area between squishy fur babies and livestock, I enjoy the fact this forum is almost always a quaint shade of grey.
Agreed. I feel like 99% of the members on this forum at least respect dogs for what they are. I love dogs because they're NOT humans- their quirks and weird personalities are what make them so much fun to be around.

Quote:
Heck, even if that dog bit me or my husband I would kill it (my husband would just break its neck without another thought).
Maybe that's ego or anger but I don't really give a d@mn.
I've read this thread while wondering why you even have dogs? If their lives are meaningless to you, why don't you start a stuffed animal collection instead?

NO dog is going to fit into your perfect little definition of what a "dog" should be.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 09-20-2012, 11:31 AM
Show Dog

Quote:
Ahhh so you never have been in a situation of having to choose life or death and by what terms.

Now I get it.
I don't understand..? I have had to put down a couple of kittens that were deathly ill. As well as a wild bird that was injured- that was pretty awful as i DID have to break its neck. Never a dog no.