Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 01-02-2006, 02:39 PM
no touchy

I don't carry anything either, but if I need to I'm pretty strong physically and I use at least one six foot leash while walking so I can take the end and use it as a whip basically.

I remember one time we were almost attacked by a rottweiler (no offense to rottie owners). His owners had him off-leash and he ran towards us aggressively, ready to attack us. Luckily he responded when his owner whistled for him....but as he ran back home he was almost hit by a car. Idiots.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 01-02-2006, 02:46 PM
GSDGurl

I am so glad he is ok.Stupid owners need to keep the dogs under controll.
Old 01-02-2006, 03:25 PM
Athletic Labs. They Exist

Im glad OC is ok that is really scary. Pixie has been attacked twice sense I have owned her once in a petsmart by a gsd who pulled away from his owner and charged us.

The second time I was getting ready to take Pixie for a walk. Now we live in a pretty rough neighborhood with pretty rough people. And these rough people tend to raise aggressive dogs. This one house down the road has a Dobe/Rottie who HATES Pixie he growls at her whenever we walk by in such an aggressive manner but he is always well fenced in.

But that day he wasent he was running all around the road barking aggressively. When I saw him I knew I was in for and when he saw Pixie he came tearing out after us! I know it wasent the smartest thing to do but because of what happened to Pixie in the petstore I was scared. We were standing a few feet from our front yard and so i decided to make a run for thinking we could make it inside. Well we almost did we got up the stairs of the porch and that once second it took me to work the door open the other dog was already on Pixie tearing at her.

I too yelled and brough back my leg and kicked him as hard as I could. Pixie wasent even fighting back she was crying and wailing. And the dog wasent stopping so I grabbed a broom on the porch and started hitting him with it and screaming at him. Anouther one of my neighbors noticed the noise and came out with with a rope and whipped in at the dog well I guess he had enough because he then left a bit sulking like.

This all happened when my computer was down thats why I havent mentioned it until now. Pixie did have a few cuts but nothing too bad to where she would need stitches. She is now terrifide of walking by the house with this dog and she was even friends with the other dog who lived there a little Beagle. But now she won't step foot in their yard.
Sawyer (2 year old, Labrador Retriever)
Morisson (2 year old, Lab/Beagle)
And aunt to-
Grace
aka my brothers/roommates dog.(1 year old, Lab/Shiba Inu)
Old 01-02-2006, 03:40 PM
Twin 2.0

It was a black lab that went after Aubrey last week at the park and Aubrey was the one who got blamed for starting it.
Old 01-02-2006, 03:42 PM
:( only one :(

Wow Ren, it must have been a scary experience for both of you. Just prove though how very temperament sound OC is. Even after being attacked OC seem to have gotten over the fact really quickly. That***8217;s awesome! Glad that neither of you got hurt.
Old 01-02-2006, 04:09 PM
Snow Girl

Thanks Giny! I just say that he's too dense to ever reallt register what happened LOL I love my puppy!

Pixie, I'm glad niether of you were hurt and your neighbour was there to help out!

"When the rain pours down from the heavens, take my hand and spin me around and we shall dance through the barn at midnight until the moon pokes through the clouds once more and the stars continue our dances in the skies"
Old 01-02-2006, 04:22 PM
I W A L R

I'm glad you all are okay from your expirences!
I have one, too, with my friend

My friend and I were walking her Samoyed, Sebastion, when a HUGE rottie can charging at us! He was on a porch (the rottie), an open porch, with the owner. Luckily, I had taught my friend how to deal with Sebastion if he tries to run, I mean, he is VERY strong, he used to pull sleds. I told her to wrap his leash around a tree and I would hold his harness while she looped the clip through the handle and then latch it back on. I could hold Sebastion since I'm pretty strong, but really, he was pulling really hard trying to get at the rottie that was rushing across the street to 'greet' us.We got him clipped up just in time, before he stood up on his hind legs. The rottie did the same. My friend and I then noticed the tumor on his leg! The owner came rushing up to us and smacked the rottie, who was chained up, we found out in the aftershock. He must of torn away from his owner, and thought he must protect 'his' territory. I could understand if we were in front of the house, but we across the street! Rotties can be unpredictable, and we went through this all just to go to the corner store for 3 bottles of water!
Old 01-02-2006, 04:48 PM
Top Dog

Scary! I'm glad that OC is ok.
Old 01-02-2006, 04:55 PM
Fila Love

I'm so glad OC is ok. I have actually quit walking Roxie. She and I were going for evening walks to help her lose weight. But, it seemed there were
dogs loose everywhere. It turned out to be more of a hassle than enjoyable. We were both on constant edge. I have seen the dog catcher out her more since Roxie was attacked in our yard, but apparently he still has a lot of work to do. It does seems many labs are feeling their oats these days. I don't remember them being so dog agressive in the past.
Old 01-02-2006, 05:43 PM
Are You Blowing Me Off?

Ren,
So sorry this happened to you and OC. I really get nervous walking my dogs on a leash for fear of this happening. I always carry pepper spray that hubby gave me.

But even still if I were walking Shiloh and a dog attacked her, she grabs for the neck and has a death grip that is extremely hard to get her to release. I would be afraid she would kill a smaller dog easily. I very rarely walk her in town. I believe this is bad breeding. She came from a breeder that at the time I thought was good, she did health testing. But since I have found out there is alot more to it than that. She is really the only dog I am having aggression issues with.

Charlie and Rocket would definately defend themselves but not to the degree Shiloh would use. And that scares me for Shiloh. I figure we would get the blalme even though she would be leashed.

A little story........I once had a great dane mix, (passed at the age of about 11). Well during his prime, we were walking and a medium size border collie mix jumped his fence and came at us aggressively. Now Luke was not in the least bit aggressive, but that dog came running up and bit Luke on the side of the neck, Luke did a little flip, the dog let loose and Luke pinned him to the ground and growled a little bit then let him up, that little dog took off running and jumped back over his own fence. I was shakin up, but after that wore off I was so proud of Luke.

I know that a loose dog is just an incident waiting to happen whether an accident or an attack. I just don't understand why some owners will not take responsibility for their pets. Sometimes a mistake will happen, but I always see the same dogs running loose. I wish more people would take responsibility for their dogs.

I am glad everything turned out okay, and he is not traumatized.

Julie.