Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 09-17-2012, 08:09 AM
<--------Orson

Poop bags here.

For one because we do reusable totes for shopping so we don't have a lot of the plastic bags.........the ones we do get are normally used for the bathroom trash cans. And two, Orson does not like to poop anywhere except at home. He'll hold it as long as he possibly can, even when camping he normally won't poop till the next day when he sees there's no other option!

Since I have a scooper for the kennel, I'd guess we've used less than 20 poop bags this year. A single roll will usually last about 2 years or so! LOL
Old 09-17-2012, 08:46 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post
Eww. Open hatch/cargo area door. Rest bag on bumper. Slam the top of the bag into the door. Open when you get home and throw the bag away.

Eww. I could never stand to drive with poop in my car!
Shall I mention driving home 3 different times with sheep in the back of the van? (one trip was over 2 hours)
Old 09-17-2012, 08:51 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~WelshStump~ View Post
Shall I mention driving home 3 different times with sheep in the back of the van? (one trip was over 2 hours)
Please don't! Unless they were good little sheep who held it the whole way.

Old 09-17-2012, 09:17 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post
Please don't! Unless they were good little sheep who held it the whole way.
Let me tell you this, Sheep pee I think is worse to travel with that dog poo . Maybe you would prefer to travel with Nigel then, he's house broken (dang bottle brats).

But on that, has anyone on here ever seen or used those "scented" poo bags? I remember seeing on TV some time ago ones that were made from recycled fabric softer bottles, said they had a good scent to them because of their former use, they must not have gone over I guess?
Old 09-17-2012, 12:18 PM
Love My Mutt <3

We used to use grocery bags, then they started charging a nickel for them. I basically get away with freebies I get from allie's work trips xD

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 09-17-2012, 12:22 PM
Sport Model Pug

I get the Worlds Best Poop Bags ones. They're the perfect weight, they smell good, they're not too huge or too small, and if needed it can hold the poo of an Izzie and a Gyp and a Kaleb in one bag.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 09-17-2012, 12:25 PM
such sights to show you

I somewhat obsessively save every kind of plastic bag imaginable, not just the grocery bags. Bags from loaves of bread, Subway sandwiches, even the inner lining of a box of cereal, the bags pet fish come home from the store in, used ziploc bags, plastic produce bags, everything. But we use SO many of them for the litter boxes, and pet waste must be double bagged here, that we use most of those up on yard poop and litter boxes and get poop bags for walks.

Old 09-17-2012, 12:35 PM
Owned by Belgians

I used to buy clear (bread) bags at the grocery store until the price went up. My last batch of bags I bought was 750 poop bags from Amazon.com for a good price. I'm hoping those will last me a while.

I forgot about my Poop Pac. It's like a purse for poop and has 2 compartments. One for the bags and one with charcoal for the poop. I use it when I go someplace really public.

http://www.pooppac.com/index.html
Old 09-17-2012, 12:47 PM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

Poop bags in a dispenser on our walks. Plastic bags are reused for the litter box and for cleaning up the yard.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:30 PM
Not a Border Collie

I use poo bags. They are so much smaller and easier to carry. I got three (zebra printed!) rolls and a bag from work over a year ago and I haven't even made it through one roll yet.

Quinn - English Shepherd