Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 09-16-2012, 02:45 AM
Blackout

Default Eventful evening walk - a 'Phantom' encounter, Super friendly Fila, and fursavers

*We saw the "Russian man" and his CAS across the road as we headed out tonight. He glanced at us and turned another direction. I'll elaborate more on it in my story thread in the Dog Stories forum. His CAS looked skinner though - hope he's alright and not sick or anything.

*We bumped into the Fila pup I had previously written about - her name is Gisela and she is from a breeder in Nevada; her person however is from Portugal. He's new in town (less than two years). We chatted and I told him about local attractions while the dogs played. Gisela's tail spun like a fan when she spotted the both of us and it took all of her handler's might to restrain her - she jumped up on me and gave me kisses then proceeded to wrestle around with Katalin. Either her ojerza is coming in really late or she is not a 'correct' Fila...though she looked pretty **** correct to me. What's inside though...I'll have to see with time.

*Someone admonished me for having a cruel instrument of torture on my puppy. Katalin wears a stainless steel fursaver - to prevent her fur from being marred and also to ensure that it doesn't fly off during walks/training; I can't trust plastic buckles on flat collars for her - they snap too easily. Anyway, it must have glistened in some light and caught this persons eye as we strolled by. She approached us in a very strange manner and started to go off on something about chains, violence, cruelty and the SPCA. That actually sounds like a fun night out for me and a appropriate friend (minus the SPCA part). We didn't stop nor did I speak a word to her.

That is all.
All except when we happen to meet.

Stories, Poetry, and Musings
http://inugami1112.wordpress.com/

"And it's all been lost before, so there's nothing to lose..."

"There are those that love dogs insanely and those that don't. But once you like a dog, you're sunk. You're a dog person for life."

UKC Kuvasz Standard
AKC Kuvasz Standard
Old 09-16-2012, 10:54 AM
Felurian

Sounds like you have an interesting neighborhood. Hope the CAS is okay.

I've gotten the "dog abuse" thing from Kharma's prong collar Kharma doesn't take it too well, lol. She's been known to roar. It's not smart to yell at me

She and Tallulah both wear them, for different reasons. On Tallulah, it's the only thing that doesn't rub her neck raw walking. And, with both of them, there's a safety factor -- no one can say they aren't under control at all times.

Sometimes you get a really soft Fila, but it's never a good idea to take it for granted. Kharma can appear soft out in public if she's in a certain mood, or at a particular point before going into heat . . . and then that can change. What really tells the story is how the dog acts on its own turf, or if someone accosts the owner. They're incredibly intelligent and adaptable. I can take Kharma into a tavern where people are drinking and she enjoys it . . . but let a drunk walk down the sidewalk and she's ballistic. Even if he's walking normally, without staggering or anything.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 09-16-2012, 03:05 PM
Top Dog

I don't think people can actually even see Scout's fursaver when she wears it. Its black finish SS and she's a sable dog. Besides its on the dead ring anyway. People are so weird, lol.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:11 PM
Glutton for Crazy

O horribly abused fursavers... I mean dogs wearing them...

These two wear theirs all of the time.

0_0
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 09-16-2012, 04:34 PM
Original Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
O horribly abused fursavers... I mean dogs wearing them...

The only collar that has been on Nico in months is his fursaver. Oops.

I happen to think it looks quite smashing on him. Other than a nice custom leather collar, my favorite "look" on a dog is a nice fursaver.
Old 09-16-2012, 04:40 PM
Top Dog

Its just so easy to take on and off for going out.
Old 09-16-2012, 05:50 PM
Blackout

Facing down the south side it's a hippie/yuppie community, to the West it's mostly Greek/Eastern European emigres, up North it's a very affluent neighborhood consisting now of mostly elderly Caucasian people or new money from China, and towards the East it's a big Chinese community. We border the West/South sides*.

*Not speaking in terms of Vancouver's whole geographical span - just the directions from our location.

It's quite diverse to say the least but in terms of dogs...there's that CAS, a C.O I haven't met yet, handfuls of Anatolian's, Pyrs, Mastiffs, and a exotic (Borzoi, Saluki) hound or two. Doodles, Berners, Poodles, and Portuguese Water dogs rule the majority though. Oh, and of course Gisela - the least Fila-ish of Filas (well, at least when she's out and about and her human is semi-flirting with me).

I hope Clint (I'm pretty sure that's his name - his human is quite intimidating and I've been chicken sh!t to confirm the name) is okay too. I must ask after him the next time we bump into each other.

Katalin wears her plastic pinch for safety precautions as well. If she should fly off the handle/go bonkers at the sight of something unpalatable...well, like you said - she can't not be under control.

Adrianne,

Indeed, oh the horror!

They're handy, neat, and sturdy - hopefully no one else yells "abuse" at us if they happen to notice it on Katalin again though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Sounds like you have an interesting neighborhood. Hope the CAS is okay.

I've gotten the "dog abuse" thing from Kharma's prong collar Kharma doesn't take it too well, lol. She's been known to roar. It's not smart to yell at me

She and Tallulah both wear them, for different reasons. On Tallulah, it's the only thing that doesn't rub her neck raw walking. And, with both of them, there's a safety factor -- no one can say they aren't under control at all times.

Sometimes you get a really soft Fila, but it's never a good idea to take it for granted. Kharma can appear soft out in public if she's in a certain mood, or at a particular point before going into heat . . . and then that can change. What really tells the story is how the dog acts on its own turf, or if someone accosts the owner. They're incredibly intelligent and adaptable. I can take Kharma into a tavern where people are drinking and she enjoys it . . . but let a drunk walk down the sidewalk and she's ballistic. Even if he's walking normally, without staggering or anything.
All except when we happen to meet.

Stories, Poetry, and Musings
http://inugami1112.wordpress.com/

"And it's all been lost before, so there's nothing to lose..."

"There are those that love dogs insanely and those that don't. But once you like a dog, you're sunk. You're a dog person for life."

UKC Kuvasz Standard
AKC Kuvasz Standard