Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-04-2012, 10:45 PM
and Spy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
Tonight we had been closed for about 5 minutes when a woman come to the door, started pounding on it and yelling "It's an emergency!"

So of course, because CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT AND MOST IMPORTANT!, we let her in and she goes "It's a bully stick emergency!"

OMG I wanted to punch her directly in the face.

SERIOUSLY?! You couldn't wait a whole 12 hours to buy BULLY STICKS?!
That is so incredibly... Ugh.

And then when it really is an emergency (because you know, someone forgot to plan to buy food until the last minute and the dog may go a night without a kibble dinner) the other people ruin it for them. Do you guys have to shut down tills? The reason I ask is because typically if someone comes more than a minute or two after we shut our doors they really are out of luck because we have shut the tills down and aren't able to start them up again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryMan View Post
I think u need some angry school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
That's what we do here. We're emotionally invested in each other and each other's dogs, the joys and the sorrows.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:50 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
Tonight we had been closed for about 5 minutes when a woman come to the door, started pounding on it and yelling "It's an emergency!"

So of course, because CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT AND MOST IMPORTANT!, we let her in and she goes "It's a bully stick emergency!"

OMG I wanted to punch her directly in the face.

SERIOUSLY?! You couldn't wait a whole 12 hours to buy BULLY STICKS?!
That's ridiculous. That's even worse than people who are "completely out of dog food" and now its my "fault that their dog is going to starve" because we're either closed or our of their food.

Sorry, its not my fault that you waited until you scraped the bottom of the bag to realize that you needed to buy dog food.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:52 PM
Top Dog

"You don't carry Dog Chow/Pedigree?!??!?!"

/facepalm...Every grocery store, walmart, petstore out there carries them both. Sorry we don't feel the need to do so as well.

Old 10-05-2012, 10:02 PM
Resident fainting goat

Don't use my dog lover personality as a weakness.

"Could you do house sitting/dog sitting for Fido this weekend?"
"It's very late notice.. all our walkers/employees are busy, it's a holiday weekend."
"..but we need someone to stay with her. We are going to Florida."
"I'm sorry we have nobody who is available .."

"Fine. We will just leave her some food/water, she will be fine in the apartment alone for a few days"

You and I both know you aren't leaving your dog alone in an apartment for the long weekend. Why make US feel bad because YOU didn't make a plan for your dog while you booked your trip?!

and now on top of everything else.. I'm stopping in to food/walk/water ANOTHER dog this weekend (I'm already house sitting for a dog whose owners had the decency to book 5 weeks in advance)

Ugh.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:12 PM
Top Dog

I know one person who calls one of her dogs her "human baby" and her other dogs her "fur babies"
Old 10-05-2012, 10:15 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Weird
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:25 AM
Squishy face

I got another story, this one just recently happened. It was a Sunday. One of the kennel employees, who we shall call The Kid (because he's the youngest at 17) comes down and says he saw a woman tapping on the front door and waving at him. Being kennel staff, he was unsure what to do and walks away to find somebody to ask. It is around 8pm and on the weekends we close at 6pm. One of the receptionists is upstairs still finishing up stuff from the day, and he told The Kid to just ignore the lady since we were closed. Fast forward a half and hour, we're all standing in the kennel chatting for a few minutes, and we suddenly hear a woman's voice calling "Hellloooo? Hellooooooo?"

We realize, that since the receptionist was still there, he hadn't locked the employee entrance in the back yet because he does that when he leaves, and this woman HAD WALKED RIGHT IN OUR BACK DOOR. The kennel manager went to talk to her and while he was trying to tell her we're closed, we're not authorized to do checkout procedures, nor have we had any training on how to perform said procedures (the woman wanted to pick up her dog from boarding), the woman kept going on about why can't she pick up her dog when we have her credit card info and address and she was under the impression we closed at 10 not 6 etc (we have always closed at 6pm on weekends and 10pm on weekdays. This has never changed.) The receptionist had to be located and he just checked her out and gave her the dog to make her go home. But seriously? What nerve of that lady to just waltz in our back door 2 1/2 hours after closing!

Spoiled customers are a pet peeve of mine. Yes, provide good customer service, but do so without spoiling your clientele. You spoil your clientele, they will start believing they can get away with treating you however they want and doing whatever they want. Just like a dog without structure will go out of control, humans are just as easily corruptible.

"Give thanks to God for being dog. He gave us the joy of angels." - Trixie Koontz, Dog, Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom - Christmas is Good!
Old 10-06-2012, 11:39 AM
*Now with Snark*

Back when I worked at petco I had someone come in with a 3-4 month old chow mix and ask me if we took unwanted dogs. I said no but here's the number for the local rescue. Queue 15 minutes later the phone rings. "yeah so we really needed you guys to take that dog. We left him in your parking lot."

I walk outside and there is a puppy tied to the curb with what looked like bailing twine. Seriously... people are douches.

I wish I could say this was the only time something like this happened at work. Dumpster kittens, two ferrets in a cardboard box, and my personal favorite snake in a sock taped to the door.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:51 AM
Resident fainting goat

People with old string flexis.

especially when they have knots in them from snapping. which they all do. or are about to.
ENOUGH.
ENOUGH.
Buy a new frikin leash!
Old 10-06-2012, 11:53 AM
Glutton for Crazy

I have one of those, I hate it but I'm being cheap. lol
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.