Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 01-21-2013, 12:24 PM
The Monster.

Default Speed & Conditioning

Could anyone give me a rundown of the Trkman Speed & Conditioning DVD? What sort of exercises are in there? How do the games progress? Does she have any unusual tips and tricks for getting more speed out of her dogs?

And to those who haven't seen the DVD, what have you done to increase speed in your dog? What sort of behaviours do you teach to increase muscle, etc?

My dog is getting pretty out of shape. The cold and the dark of winter is keeping me indoors more, and I'm newly married so newly married life is taking precedence a lot of the time so Cohen hasn't had much opportunity to really run lately. She's a great weight, but has lost muscle. I'm debating buying a treadmill, but I'm not sure it's a good idea. Kind of for me. Mostly for my dog.

We ran our first flyball tournament this weekend (full time spot, 4 races a day, not a single fault, running 4.4-4.5, FDCh yay!) and I'd really like to speed her up a bit more. I think we could get her down to 4.1 if she were in tiptop shape and fixed her box turn. I'd love to hear more about what you all do to keep your dogs in top working order.

Cheynat's O' Lady Midnight CD RE ADC SGDC FDCh-S CGN HIC, Esq.
Megatron, Heat Vampire
Ci Da: Good Dog
Old 01-21-2013, 01:20 PM
Top Dog

I watched this and I know I liked it but I can't remember a whole lot about it. Which should honestly tell you right there if there is anything special in it. I remember her talking about the tricks she teaches and that she puts having her dogs run fast on cue. I think that was the biggest thing that stood out to me.

Either way, I'm a huge Trkman fan and love all of her stuff so I recommend it!