Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 09-13-2012, 09:00 AM
Rollin' with my bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran27 View Post
Thanks Emily... that's cheap too. I just ordered some on amazon.
It is cheap! And it's full of calcium (which may be part of why it relieves PMS symptoms, people believe). Glad you're giving it a try, it certainly won't hurt.

Old 09-13-2012, 10:32 AM
Top Dog

I would try a non-estrogen birth control. They have a progesterone-only pill, or depo-provera, which is a progesterone-only shot that's given every three months.

I would also see if you could get a prescription for a different type of pain meds - people react differently to different ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilter View Post
There is a treatment I read about, where they scar everything in there so nothing bleeds but you're still 'intact' but you can't have kids after.
If you're looking for a long term solution to the bleeding, I would look into this. It's called an endometrial ablation. It basically just burns away the endometrial lining - no periods, no babies, but you still have all your hormones, so no early menopause.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:45 AM
aka RedHotBabe

Pills helped me, so you may want to give them a try again. I rarely ever get cramps now. Before I could take four ibuprofen and be curled up in extreme pain again within a couple hours.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:18 AM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

the first & second day i am pretty much useless, i feel weak like i have a low red blood cell count or something. the first day my flow is very heavy as in... going thru a super plus tampon every 2 hrs (yes at night too, which sucks because i have to set my alarm every 2 hrs :/) but on the third day its like someone turns the tap from all the way on to just a trickle, i my bleeding only last a day or so more after that & i know that once i have a full day with no 'action' then i know i am done.

the thing i really hate is the bloating (i increase like 2 pants sizes before & the first day of my bleeding) thats what really sucks . I also cant take BC because it raises my BP & since i already have a history of that, they wont let me take it due to the risk BC poses to ppl who dont have risk factors for HBP.

I dont know if this is normal, but i have noticed that my cycles btw bleeding have gotten longer as i have gotten older (just turned 30) when i was in my teens & 20's, my average cycle was 21-25 days, then it became 28 days to the day, now it is more like 30-35 days. the duration of the bleeding has also gotten shorter, i used to go 7 days, now i'm lucky if i get to 4 days of bleeding... is this normal? maybe i am getting ready for menopause.... yaaaay! TBH i cant wait to not have to deal with this crap every month anymore, i dont want kids so its not like i have a ticking biological clock or anything (ppl told me i would but i have never felt the 'i want a baby' urge).

sorry for all the TMI LOL

Old 09-13-2012, 11:43 AM
Top Dog

If you are through having kids, there is a procedure you can have done. I had it done in 2002. They freeze the lining of the uterus. It was an easy procedure and I was home the same day.
http://www.advancedobgynassociates.c...ion-menses.htm
Old 09-13-2012, 12:31 PM
Felurian

I wish I'd known how effective red wine was years ago.

Also -- don't laugh -- there's an herbal supplement called Natural Curves. It's supposed to be for breast enhancement, which is total bullshit, but if you read the herbs it includes it's pretty much every significant one that supports the female body. Once I started taking them regularly I pretty much blew off ALL the effects of PMS, including cramps that had me curled up in the fetal position . . . when I wasn't puking.

Alleve helped some, better than any of the other OTC pain remedies, although the Pamprin Max made things tolerable. I used to have to take codeine

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 09-13-2012, 12:47 PM
Top Dog

Have you thought about the Novasure procedure? http://www.novasure.com/index.cfm

It is supposed to dramatically reduce the bleeding or even possibly stop it all together.

Old 09-13-2012, 12:49 PM
Lord Cynical

TBH, the only thing that helped me with this was...... a Mirena.

Morado Dobermans... and Talla the Mexidog too! (group photo pending)
Old 09-13-2012, 01:07 PM
Top Dog

Oh I need to look into all that stuff. I guess the issue is that I'd really have to use birth control with those permanent solutions anyway... so I guess it seems a bit extreme (not that it doesn't sound great, but I'm not sure I'm ready to say goodbye to our tiny chance of having children naturally yet).
Old 09-13-2012, 01:30 PM
orange iguanas.

I have suffered through debilitating cramps ever since I first got my period. Pain killers don't touch them, heating pads don't work when the cramps are at their worst. I've fainted because of them, thrown up because of them, missed countless days of school, work, holidays, and other fun activities because of them, because when they hit all I can physically do is lay down curled in a ball.

I can't go on BC either because of a genetic disorder I have which puts me at really great risk of developing a blood clot even in normal circumstances - so I am not supposed to use hormonal BC.

What has worked for me is Evening Primrose Oil and Magnesium supplements. 2 weeks before my period I take 1000mg of the evening primrose every day, and 250mg of magnesium every day. Calcium is supposed to be good too like was already mentioned, and they actually sell calcium/magnesium supplements which is helpful... I'll probably do that next time I need more, instead of just doing the magnesium on its own.

It's an easy thing to do that isn't going to cause any yucky side effects. The worst that happens is apparently too much magnesium will cause some digestive upset. But 250mg isn't a lot.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013