Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 09-13-2012, 12:58 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
I love real books, but you just can't beat an E-Reader for traveling IMO.
Agreed!

I have hardcovers of my favorites that I reread but I also have a Nook Touch that I love - especially when traveling! If I'm going to be primarily at home and I want the comfort of a repeat read, I go for a book.

I am an mp3 girl and I always have my iPod with me.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:07 PM
Ball Thrower

I'm all about portability. I love my e-reader and mp3 player. Tons of books and songs without having to lug around a lot of physical objects. I love physical books, but having an e-reader just makes more sense. I read too much to have to keep buying books. I'd have no place to put them.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:38 AM
Top Dog

I love real books, but I've run put of room. That was/is my biggest issue. I was having to trade some in to make room for others, so a nook was perfect for me. At last count, I have 7 90-qt. Rubbermaid containers full of books, and my fireplace shelves and 2 office bookshelves are full. But with the nook, I don't have to get rid of any to get more. . I have 811 books on my nook currently.

I still have my 1st edition nook, and I have NO desire to get rid of it. That 3G feature is priceless when on the road traveling or staying at places with no WI-FI (like my Grandma's house in Texas). But I also have the nook SimpleTouch with Glowlight. It. Is. Awesome. I love not having to deal with an add-on light, and I love that it's not actually back-lit like iPads and computers (which gives me horrid headaches).
Old 09-14-2012, 11:26 AM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miakoda View Post
I love real books, but I've run put of room. That was/is my biggest issue. I was having to trade some in to make room for others, so a nook was perfect for me. At last count, I have 7 90-qt. Rubbermaid containers full of books, and my fireplace shelves and 2 office bookshelves are full.
Amateur

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 09-14-2012, 11:40 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Amateur

Lol! That doesn't include 3 bins of children's books from my childhood, and another 2 of childhood horse books. :P
Old 09-14-2012, 11:44 AM
Felurian

You've got a ways to go, lol.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 09-14-2012, 11:48 AM
Top Dog

I prefer reading a real book, however lately the Kindle-type reading has grown on me, and I think if I had one of my own I'd be able to enjoy it and get used to it (I borrowed my dads when I went away a few months ago and definitely enjoyed it on the airplane).

As far as music goes, I make my own mix CD's for my car, but otherwise listen to music through iPod or iPhone.

Brit & Jackson

Old 09-14-2012, 01:29 PM
<(<) <()> (>)>

I LOVE my kindle - but real books are better. Kindle is awesome for on the train, or tube or plane though. Makes traveling so much more easier.
I also love the smell of books.

I prefer mp3s to CDs though. Much more convienent - I end up putting most of my music on an ipod anyways, so I usually use a CD once - to put it into my computer.

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 09-14-2012, 04:53 PM
Dafuq?

I'm old school and poor. Regular books for me. And CDs because I am a dinosaur and still burn mixed ones. I have an auxiliary port in my car but it doesn't work well.

Now entering the land of hypnotic signatures...
Old 09-14-2012, 09:07 PM
Mutts to you

I like real books. Sis and I are almost finished building a new bookcase for the living room. Whoo! Room for more books!

Still have my old vinyl records (LPs & 45s), and a CD collection, but I do like my iPod - mostly for the amount of songs I can put on it and that I can rearrange my playlists whenever I feel like it.

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but Im not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. -Robert McCloskey