Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 12-19-2004, 01:03 PM
Active Pup

Question Please Help! Pit Bull Rescue

There is a lady who contacted me a couple days ago. She heard I have an APBT and thought I could help her. She or this other woman found a female in the middle of a busy intersection and took her home. Well she said she is an older woman and already has about 6 dogs and 6 cats. I believe most are rescues as well. Well anyway She doesnt have experience with APBT's and I cant take this girl until after Feb 1st. I am trying to find somewhere to place her until then. I dont know what to do. Could someone here tell me who I should contact. I have already sent emails to some rescues but probably wont hear from them until at least tomorrow, and they are so packed anyway...Please tell me what I should do? Thanks in advance!!!
Old 12-19-2004, 01:31 PM
Felurian

First off, good for you and this elderly woman for caring so much!

Now, have you looked for a rescue organization nearby that would be willing to take her until the first of February?

In the meantime, I'm going to e-mail Tl_Ashmore, who also lives in Texas (lol, yes, it's a big state and she's probably not nearby, but she's more likely to know of some organizations - or even people - who might be able to help).

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-20-2004, 12:10 AM
Active Pup

sorry it took me so long to reply. Yes I have been contacting rescues since I found out about this girl. A couple have got back to me and cant do it, but there are more that will probably get back to me tomorrow. I just want to say Thanks so much for helping me out. We are trying to do everything we can for her. I just wish I could take her sooner!
Old 12-20-2004, 07:49 AM
Spoiled Rotten Dog

What part of TExas are you in? I'll have to make some calls, but I will see what I can do for you.
Old 12-20-2004, 10:43 AM
Active Pup

I am about 30 miles north of Houston. I Also go to Tyler alot, so am about 2 hrs from Dallas. Which would be cool too. Thanks for your help so much!!!
Old 12-20-2004, 12:42 PM
Active Pup

Okay seems like this lady found a home for her. I am kinda upset though because she is suppose to rescue, but has no experience with this breed whatsoever and just gave her to the first guy that came along. That is so irresponsible! Thanks for everybodys help!!!

Oh and then to top it off, I have been staying up all night trying to find a place to place this gurl so that she ends up safe, and the lady doesnt even get back to me to let me know!
Old 12-20-2004, 02:21 PM
GSP/Lab Mix!

Once again, I'm realyl sorry that happened.
Old 12-20-2004, 05:43 PM
Spoiled Rotten Dog

Well, hopefully whoever got her will take really good care of her.
Old 12-20-2004, 06:17 PM
an5gel99

Default Apbt

what is apbt?
Old 12-20-2004, 09:25 PM
Felurian

American Pit Bull Terrier, the breed you were advocating banning in your other post.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian