Be careful online! ~ Please read!

JRT_Rattie_Mom

Terrier Lover!
Hi all,

Many of you have probably heard or read in the past two days about the recent murder of Bobbie Jo Stinnett in Missouri, and that she was cut open to steal her baby girl, who was recovered on Friday and reunited with her daddy, Zeb. Lisa Montgomery has been arrested, and had admitted to killing Bobbie Jo and stealing her baby.

For those that haven't heard about this, and want more information: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,141936,00.html
&
http://www.maryvilledailyforum.com/articles/2004/12/18/news/news2.txt

While this story is so horrifying in itself, Bobbie, as a Rat Terrier breeder & Lisa have known each other for quite a long time through a Rat Terrier message board. After we adopted our Rat Terrier, Holly last July I had been a visitor to this board to learn more about the breed (that I knew nothing about when we got Holly) and had read posts made by both of these women. The board is a friendly & close group of people, and like here, and many boards, no one could have guessed something like this would happen. Lisa knew that Bobbie was pregnant, and had her "plan" very thought out. She contacted Bobbie as a "Darlene Fischer" to make arrangements to come and see one of her Rat Terrier puppies for sale... when what she actually wanted was Bobbie's baby!

Like everyone, I am horrified and sickened that something like this could happen... and the only thing I can think to do is put a "reminder" out to everyone doing business online... be VERY careful about any personal information you share online! If you have a business where you need to deal with a potential customer in person, make sure you have someone "with" you... don't meet with a customer alone! :mad:

If Bobbie had to die like this, the only purpose I can see it is to make others aware of the dangers out there... even from those we *think* we can trust! So... for some reason that saying comes to mind... "Only the Good Die Young" and Bobbie was only 23 years old... I am just so sick about this!

A

an5gel99

I wouldnt even give out my address on an online forum. Plus I would only meet somebody who was interested in my pups if I had at least another person their with me.

P.S. That lady who ripped the baby out is crazed. She should be sentenced to the death penalty. Anyone who would do that is just plain insane.

It is true though, Only the good die young, So Bobbie Jo must have been really good.

It is good to spread the news so that this wont happen again.

I just saw this on the "Today Show". They interviewed Bobbie Jo's father & grandmother. It is so sad! Thank God the baby was found and is OK.

Karen, you're so right about that warning! Especially for the kids online, although many of them are more savvy than we are when it comes to being aware of online dangers.

This was one of the most tragic crimes; so many victims: Bobbie Jo, her family, her baby who will never know his mother . . .

It makes you wonder what is wired so wrongly in Lisa to make it possible for her to even consider doing something like this, let alone doing it. I also wonder what kind of training she has that enabled her to take the baby successfully.

bogolove

That is extremely disturbing. You have to be so careful, even when you feel like you can trust people. It is so sad that it has to come to that these days. And the sad thing is that you can accidentally give so much information about yourself without even knowing it. Everyone, ecspecially you younger teens, please be careful about what you let people know about yourselves. While there are so many nice and wonderful people out there, it only takes one psychotic person to hurt you.

lunarturn

HOrrOr!

What a horrible story. I can't believe that people like this actually live on this planet... :mad:

Members online

No members online now.