Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-16-2004, 09:55 AM
Big Dog

Default Do you get your dog a Christmas present?

Of course I do! I buy them at least two new toys each but have to wrap old toys to put under the tree until Christmas day. I have tried wrapping the new toys but Cidney cant stand the wait, he will sneak under the tree and drag one of his gifts behind the couch and open it. Actaully, hubby and I get such a kick from watching him open presents that we usually let him open ours on Christmas day.

Do you have Christmas photo's taken with your dogs? I try, Scooter loves the camera alot and I always get good shots of him but Cidney refuses to have his picture taken. I may take them to Petsmart to see santa this year, it will be a new experience for them both - just hope they dont pee on his lap, lol!
Old 11-16-2004, 09:59 AM
Big Dog

Of course!!!! I have never wrapped them, but I do put them in a stocking, so they cannot get to them. It doesn't stop them from having a sniffing fit every time they walk past the fireplace!!!
Old 12-15-2004, 11:33 AM
GoodHound

Hi All,

I love stumbling upon posts like this, and I must say dogs love their gifts! My wife and I have a doggie gift basket business and the response has been overwhelming. Our Christmas dog gift baskets have been a huge seller this season! If you're ever in need of gift ideas, feel free to check out our site.

GoodHound
Old 12-15-2004, 12:05 PM
Labrador lover!!!!!

Talking

Yer course i do!!i evern wrapp it up for them!!!Milo unwrapped it by himself last year!!
Anyway what u all getting ya dogs for xams!!!!From Santa Paws!!!
6 bunnies~fluffy, muffin,bugsy, buttons,twigglets,forsty
2 gerbils~cheese and pickels
2 g.pigs~buzz and dizzy
Old 12-15-2004, 12:06 PM

Yep, sure do. Funny thing is...I've got 2 stockings hung at the fireplace...Hammie has torn down one..the same one..at least 4 times, AND THERE ISN'T EVEN ANYTHING IN THERE YET! lol Best not have anything out til the moment around here. AND, NOT under the tree...or else I might have a fallen tree very quickly! LOL
Old 12-15-2004, 02:24 PM
Top Dog

Yes of course. IT will be Toki's fist christmas. hehe
Old 12-17-2004, 11:11 PM
Active Pup

I have found that my dogs seem to enjoy good food more than anything else. On Thanksgiving and Christmas I usually cook a big turkey and let them eat the dark meat, giblets, neck and drippings along with veggie/bread side dishes for a few days instead of their regular food (they usually eat about half people food anyway). They'll get a few new toys for Christmas too. On their birthdays they get steak, with their new age written on it in catsup and their picture taken with it. Probably 80% of my photo album pictures are of my dogs.
Old 12-18-2004, 08:11 AM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cidney
Do you have Christmas photo's taken with your dogs? I try, Scooter loves the camera alot and I always get good shots
of him but Cidney refuses to have his picture taken. I may take them to Petsmart to see santa this year, it will be a new experience for them both - just hope they dont pee on his lap, lol!
Debi has the same situation with her Hammie and Addie. She's got lots of good photos posted of Hammie the Handsome, but Darling Addie is camera shy and in the few photos Debi's been able to get of her she looks peeved.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-18-2004, 09:41 PM
an5gel99

absoututley
Old 12-20-2004, 02:33 PM
Rocky's mom

This is our first Christmas with our dog too. I bought him
about 4 different gifts and I'm as excited about him opening
his presents as I am about watching my husband get his.
Rocky loves to get new toys, so he will be bouncing off
the walls Christmas Eve. I did wrap them all, but I have
them hid in the bedroom.