Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 09-11-2012, 02:51 PM
Felurian

You and Josh don't answer anything. Record everything. Hope she DOES put it on FB and take screenshots.

Then go see an attorney. You've moved from slander -- which is a loser, to libel.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 09-11-2012, 07:04 PM
Top Dog

The most power you have right now is in the threat of a contractor's lien on their house. (It's like a mechanic's lien but this context.) I don't know much about the process itself except that they're really easy to get and are scary to (rational) people. You shouldn't need a lawyer for that. Stay calm and rational.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:08 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

We did end up speaking to a lawyer tonight to get his take on things. He suggested he write a Cease and Desist letter in hopes that that she will knock her **** off. If not he said he is more than willing to take her to court and he is a **** good lawyer and usually wins. I personally hope that the Cease and Desist letter will be enough to get her to stop this crap and just leave us alone because honestly I don't really want to take her to court. If she doesn't stop though then I will do whatever it takes to get the message across clear and if that means taking her to court (if she does go through with posting the stuff online like she says she is going to).

Aside from the Cease and Desist letter that the lawyer will be mailing to her we are not contacting her at all or her husband. Any voicemail she leaves will be saved so that we have record of her threats and definitely going to let the lawyer take it from there if need be.
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 09-12-2012, 01:51 AM
Taxiderpy

Make sure you take a separate backup recording of the voice mails, like with your computer's microphone or something. Some cell phone companies automatically purge saved voice mails after a period of time passes.

Aside from that, just. dang. Sorry you're going through all this again. Hopefully something else will distract her and she'll forget about harassing you guys and her husband will slip you the money they owe you.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:02 AM
Love my pets

First, I think the bathroom looks great! I'd love to have that at my house!

Second, do exactly what the lawyer tells you to do; you're doing the right thing.