Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 09-11-2012, 09:33 AM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD View Post
Honestly, I don't know what the best legal action would be, but if I were you I'd be saving every threatening voicemail, every post she makes on craigslist, and contacting the husband again about josh getting the money they agreed upon.

That work which Josh did looks beautiful, by the way. Very classy and it reminds me of the house my parents had in Arizona, absolutely gorgeous tile work.

Side rant which is in absolutely NO way directed towards you Amber... I'm unmedicated bipolar and honestly? This woman is a raging bitch and deserves no additional explanation. Bipolar disorder is not an excuse to exercise zero self control, or to discard your use of inner monologue.
Exactly... I actually know a few bipolar people who are unmedicated and not in any way like this woman is.

Josh deleted her number (it now shows up just the numbers when she calls) and her husband's number because he doesn't want anything to do with them. Her husband has his number posted on Facebook though and since I'm still technically facebook friends with him I could pull it off of there. I've been pondering over whether or not I should contact her husband and tell him that if she does slander him I will push for charges. Don't know if Josh will contact him since at this point he doesn't care about the money. He just wants her to leave him alone and stop calling him.
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 09-11-2012, 09:33 AM
Top Dog

who cares if he has clientele from her. Either they're normal humans and can see quality work and want that, or they're crazy ****ing bitches like her, in which case, He'll want no part of working for people like that. Focus on the important stuff.

He works hard, does good work and he'll get thru this. Make this woman your focus and crazy will continue to pull you down her path.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:36 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Honestly, I would not contact the husband. I wouldn't contact her. I wouldn't tell them you are going to press charges if it doesn't stop. I wouldn't reach out to either of them. I WOULD go to the police and ask their advice. Let the police handle it from there... wash your hands of it.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 09-11-2012, 09:48 AM
Top Dog

I would look into small claims court. It's very cheap to have your case heard. I would pursue the money owed and mention the harassment and all the threats of slander so they can tell her she cannot do that. Keep all voice mails and txts. Quit answering her calls so that she is forced to txt or leave a voice mail so that you have proof.

This would be the path I would take so that a JUDGE could tell her this work is obviously up to par and that she cannot continue the harassment. I have never experienced this sort of thing and I do not have any legal knowledge so I am open to correction if there is a better way to deal with this but that is where I would start.

EDIT* I would also file a report and see what kind of restraining order or whatever you can obtain to make it illegal for her to call you.

Old 09-11-2012, 10:07 AM
Top Dog

The problem is, unless the husband admits he agreed to pay $1,000 for the work, there is nothing to stand on. There's no written contract...no proof of the agreement. And it sounds like Josh just wants them out of their life....like last week, regardless of the money. Me...I'd want to be paid. I want them to be made to pay.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 09-11-2012, 10:10 AM
Top Dog

I would just do a simple letter stating that you are not willing to finish the work because of the personal conflict, and the name and number of a few contracters if they want to have someone else finish the work (warn the contracters first so they know your side of things), and that you are considering this matter finished. And that any further phone calls, emails or slander will be take up with your lawyer who has been given a log of the calls and so on.

And to have a nice day.

You don't need to contact a lawyer but saying that's the next step in your eyes is enough.

I wouldn't worry about clients, if she's a nutty woman then chances are people who agree with her are likely nutty too (sounds like it's their way of getting discounts and treating people like crap, don't need that) or know she's nutty and aren't going to put a lot into what she says. Tell Josh to from now on be very clear that he has that space to work in and it's not a partnership where the client gets to come and work at the same time and be in the way, which usually isn't an issue for normal people.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:12 AM
Top Dog

They have lots to stand on, he did the work and they obviously have a new bathroom. No judge is going to think they did it for free. If he was paid for other things, I assume he was, show the payments. Deposits, cashed checks, whatever you have. Show that they had been paying you and how much (hourly, whatever)

Then you say, XYZ was the payment arrangement for this and then the burden is on them to prove otherwise. No judge is going to believe you did it out of the goodness of your heart. he can deny it, but he's going to have a tough time explaining a new bathroom that just appeared. and if you have past proof of payment for anything you've done for them, use it. It shows you had payment agreements in place.

Unless there is a huge part of this stroy we're not hearing, I have a hard time believing you wouldn't win
Old 09-11-2012, 10:16 AM
such sights to show you

I almost wonder if the crazy lady has a bit of an unhealthy crush on your husband and doesn't like that she isn't getting any attention in return. So she's throwing a tantrum.

Anyway, I agree with Kilter and release the hounds. Write a very neutrally toned, businesslike letter and wash your hands of them. The faster they are out of your life, the better. Your sanity and never having to deal with them again are worth far, far more than $1000. And thank who/whatever you pray to that you didn't end up living there.

Old 09-11-2012, 10:21 AM
Top Dog

Maybe trick her into admitting that she refuses to pay via voice mail or txt? Like Josh could send a polite txt saying he is still awaiting payment then she is sure to reply with some crazy, violently worded message saying she won't pay, etc, etc. Maybe even have him state the amount so that it would prove what they agreed on as long as she doesn't come back saying "That's not the amount we agreed to" which I bet she won't.

Old 09-11-2012, 11:23 AM
Top Dog

First off, if y'all ever move to southeast Louisiana, please let me know. I've got LOTS of home improvement projects!

Second, save all voicemails. Sit down right now and right out everything you can, from when original agreement was made and all the specifics to current situation (and everything in between - be as detailed as possible). Go ahead and pull your phone call logs, and highlight all the incoming calls from them.

Third, get the police involved if it's that nasty.

As for libel and slander, that's a criminal offense, if she takes it to the extremes mentioned.

ETA:

Also, type up an itemized invoice for the work, including payments already maid and current remaining balance. Save s copy for your records, and mail a copy to them via certified mail.