Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 09-11-2012, 10:16 AM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Default Tell me what we should do in this situation

Do you guys remember me telling you about that pyscho lady that we were originally supposed to move into the basement of???

Anyways... Josh did a LOT of work for her. I can even post you some photos of the bathroom he was doing so you can see first hand the quality of work he does. The day before we were supposed to move over there she literally freaked out on him. (She's unmedicated bipolar to the extreme).

Anyways... she refused to pay him the $1000 she owes him still. There was no written contract since he's known them and done work for them for so long. Her husband said he would pay Josh still, but so far he hasn't. Whatever... at this point we don't care about the **** money.

The problem I'm having is she will NOT stop harrassing my husband. She has called him MULTIPLE times threatening him. This morning he had a voicemail from her saying that he should be ashamed of himself for the shitty quality of work he has done (like I said, I have pics if you want to see) and she said that she is going to create a facebook page about how horrible he is and post an ad on Craigslist telling people not to hire him. She also said she is going to have a website made to slander him so that if anyone ever googles his name they will never hire him. She has it out for him so bad and is trying to ruin his career.

To say I'm pissed is a complete understatement. I can't tell you how bad I want to drive my ass over there and put this bitch 6 feet under. Obviously I wont, but omg I have never felt this mad in my entire life towards ANYONE!

My advice to Josh is to file a restraining order against her and to talk to his neighbor who is a lawyer. Also I'm going to save ANYTHING I see posted about him on the internet in case this goes to court.

So advice please? Never dealt with a situation like this before and I want to make sure that we handle this the right way.
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 09-11-2012, 10:20 AM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

I would let the husband know. Sounds like he really tries to keep her from doing stuff like this, like you mentioned in the other thread. I would let him know that you're considering taking this to court but that you'd really rather not if it's something you can handle amongst each other as adults. If you have to, take it to court. You deserve that $1,000 and they'll owe you even more if they ruin Josh's business.

Chloe - 9 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 3 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 09-11-2012, 10:25 AM
Top Dog

Like I said before, invite crazy into your life and you get crazy. Cut her out of your lives, it will be better.

have Josh talk to her husband rationally, not friends, not enemies, just business. Say you want to paid for the services done and the time and it's best at this point to just go separate ways. If not, document all he's done and go file small claims. it's under 100 bucks in most states and then she'll have to prove her side and leave it up to a judge.

who cares what she puts on the internet. Focus on other stuff. For crying out loud there's entire websites dedicated to ripping apart all sorts of people and hardly any of them that focus on the important things in life are hurting. I can think of just a couple dog trainers that have dedicated and popular websites created for the sole intent of destroying them, and yet their businesses have never been more successful.

Your life will go where you focus, focus on the crazy, it will continue down that path. Focus on the important stuff, it will change and all that woman will have is an unfinished bathroom and a website for her and her crazy friends to congregate. Let them
Old 09-11-2012, 10:26 AM

I'm posting the pictures anyways...

He took a half bath and demoed it out completely. He extended the bathroom out and added a shower to it. He also did ALL the tile work you see here. These pictures are not completed because he didn't get a chance to finish the few small minor things he needed to complete that day to finish the job because she started flipping **** on him.

View into the shower

View into the shower

Shower floor... mind you... work in progress

Shower with the shower head installed

Bathroom floor. He did install the threshold after this photo was taken.

Towel rack area just outside the shower. Wall isn't painted because she wanted to paint the wall herself. He did all that tile work though.

Toilet he installed and tile around it

Sink and tile

Small towel rack by the sink and again he did the tile

The entire time he was working on this bathroom she kept harrassing him. She would go in there and try to start painting in spots when the dry wall hadn't even been finished yet in those spots so he couldn't sand the spots she painted. She would go and MOVE his equipment around and she started putting stuff in there when he wasn't even done. She was ALWAYS hovering over him too.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:26 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

I hope he has saved the voice mails, and that there is a log on his phone of received calls to show how often she has been calling. Take them to the police. Ask them if they would be able to go pay her a visit and tell her what she is doing is harassment and it needs to stop. You may not even need to file a formal restraining order; the cops knocking on her door might be enough to stop it.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 09-11-2012, 10:27 AM
Top Dog

Tell her and her husband that if she slanders you, they'll owe you a hell of a lot more than $1,000. You'll own their house. And yeah, keep everything she writes and a record of all her phone calls. You might even record her phone calls. Maybe you need to advise her that you will be recording her phone calls in order they be admissable. I'd definitely take her to court if this continues. What a psycho freak! I'm really sorry you guys are having to deal with this.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 09-11-2012, 10:28 AM
Are you dead yet?

Honestly, I don't know what the best legal action would be, but if I were you I'd be saving every threatening voicemail, every post she makes on craigslist, and contacting the husband again about josh getting the money they agreed upon.

That work which Josh did looks beautiful, by the way. Very classy and it reminds me of the house my parents had in Arizona, absolutely gorgeous tile work.

Side rant which is in absolutely NO way directed towards you Amber... I'm unmedicated bipolar and honestly? This woman is a raging bitch and deserves no additional explanation. Bipolar disorder is not an excuse to exercise zero self control, or to discard your use of inner monologue.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:30 AM

Josh hasn't been answering her phone calls. He's been letting it go straight to voicemail and he has saved her voicemails. He is still out there getting jobs and doing work so he's definitely not sitting on his but wallowing in this, but a lot of his clientel he has gotten from this woman. If she starts slandering him then he could potentially lose some clientel over it if she pushes those people enough... and boy is she a pusher. To give you an idea how crazy she is... one of her friends (who is rich) paid $5000 to throw HER daughter a big graduation party. Instead of thanking her friend she complained that it was a crappy party.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:30 AM
Top Dog

Oh, I missed the photos and all the rest of the posts. Beautiful work as far as I can see in the photos. She's a nut job. Maybe the others are right in trying to keep it low key and see if that works first. I don't know. But slandering someone's name is a crime when it's unfounded.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 09-11-2012, 10:32 AM
Active Pup

Wow what a trip you are on with this lady! At some point you will need to forgive her for the sake of your OWN mental health so she doesn't live rent-free in your head, but until you are ready to do that just let yourself feel what you feel and get it out - I would say kick a tree but you might hurt your foot. Knowing she is mentally ill and forgiving her is one thing, but allowing her to abuse you is another thing, so you may need to get that restraining order. Being a proactive as you are seems like the best course of action.