Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 09-10-2012, 08:12 PM
Top Dog

Video games, anime, comics, fountain pens.

I guess my big thing is solitude. I'll go fishing on my own, hiking. Sometimes I'll pull over in the middle of no where and go wandering. I just love being alone and experiencing amazing places and things by myself. I get why people like having companions but for me the total silence is the closest thing to heaven I can get to on earth.

Old 09-10-2012, 08:18 PM
Top Dog

Rewatching sitcoms I've seen before while eating food out of a bowl propped on my chest.

My boyfriend calls it the 'sad baby otter' routine.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:11 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoko View Post
Video games, anime, comics, fountain pens.

I guess my big thing is solitude. I'll go fishing on my own, hiking. Sometimes I'll pull over in the middle of no where and go wandering. I just love being alone and experiencing amazing places and things by myself. I get why people like having companions but for me the total silence is the closest thing to heaven I can get to on earth.
Love fountain pens -- but I don't feel the least bit guilty

The solitude thing . . . When I worked in the law office with several people on staff I'd wait and take my lunch at an odd time so I could go alone. That was time to decompress, take a book and recharge. A book at a quiet little Chinese restaurant there was WAY better than having to listen to office gossip, sniping and general bitchery and griping about Dave (the main attorney).

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 09-11-2012, 05:10 AM
Blackout

None of the Chinese restaurants that are any good around here are ever quiet...lol

My list continued...

Dematting my dog (indeed) - nothing like getting that mat remover into a good knot, pulling it out and having that mat break into bits in my hand. Ahh....

Dark chocolate (><)
Expensive things
Books I like to have on my shelf but read at a very slow rate
Picking at scabs (my own or someone really close to me) - once during a sleepover I picked at my girlfriend's knee scab while she flipped thru fashion magazines and watched movies on my laptop. Yes - I am gross.
Reading in the bathroom
Singing in the shower/bath
Calling my dog "bug-a-boo" while cuddling her
Yelling at the TV at tense points during dramas/movies
Spam - fried, baked, microwaved or toasted.
The Theme song to The Jefferson's!

To a dee-luxe apartment, in the skyyyyy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L09qnRfZY-k
All except when we happen to meet.

Stories, Poetry, and Musings
http://inugami1112.wordpress.com/

"And it's all been lost before, so there's nothing to lose..."

"There are those that love dogs insanely and those that don't. But once you like a dog, you're sunk. You're a dog person for life."

UKC Kuvasz Standard
AKC Kuvasz Standard
Old 09-11-2012, 05:30 AM
Top Dog

Hot showers. Can't deny that. I'd live in a hot shower if I could.
Video Games. Everything from BlazeBlu to Mass Effect, to Morrowind and even The Sims 3.
Staying up late, sleeping until noon.
Red hair. I have naturally auburn hair, but I like spicing it up. Red is the hardest color to maintain, though.
Make-up. I enjoy art, so this is a pretty easy outlet when I want hands on instead of computer/tech.

It drives other people crazy, but I have secret delight in figuring out plots in storylines. And I usually succeed, because I'm a writer and I usually know where that goes.

And, in tandem, I enjoy random, thrilling stories that I can't figure out the most. They are typically books and movies everyone else hates, though.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:59 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzelle View Post
Video Games. Everything from BlazeBlu to Mass Effect, to Morrowind and even The Sims 3.
Red hair. I have naturally auburn hair, but I like spicing it up. Red is the hardest color to maintain, though.
Make-up. I enjoy art, so this is a pretty easy outlet when I want hands on instead of computer/tech.

It drives other people crazy, but I have secret delight in figuring out plots in storylines. And I usually succeed, because I'm a writer and I usually know where that goes.

And, in tandem, I enjoy random, thrilling stories that I can't figure out the most. They are typically books and movies everyone else hates, though.
Were we separated at birth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephyMei1112 View Post
None of the Chinese restaurants that are any good around here are ever quiet...lol
The good ones are here No one speaks much English, and the older generations that are usually the owner/operators still have the traditional view of redheaded people being sorcerous . . . so they treat me very well, especially after I've been there a few times.

Sadly, since going gluten free, Chinese restaurants are pretty much out. But they treat me really well at the Mexican restaurants too

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 09-11-2012, 07:37 PM
Top Dog

Add one more person for stinky tofu (although normal tofu is sh*t). Grew up with it, can't change now - and won't. I have to brush my teeth twice and take a shower after I eat it if I want to go out in public, though. That's how bad I think it smells

Vampire Diaries, too. And Game of Thrones. Don't tell my friends

Oh, AND agree on the dog forums thing. I'm a total forum wh*re, and won't admit to it in real life. Can't even talk dogs to my friends.

On the topic of Asian associated foods, bubble tea? My friend got me hooked this summer.

Sleeping. I would sleep 20 hours a day if someone let me.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:18 PM
Will Creep For Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzelle View Post

Ahh! This is so much like me.

I guess my guilty pleasure is probably crappy pop songs. And Glee- although I'm not embarrassed at all about that.

And Disney. I can't even... my obsession with Disney is almost sick. I will save up money as long as I can until I get to go to Disneyland/World again, I watch Disney movies all the time (Currently watching Pocahontas). I am a Disney ADDICT!

www.brigadoonbordercollies.com
http://brigadoonbc.wordpress.com/

Do you want your dog to respect you because you demanded it, or because you truly earned it?
Old 09-11-2012, 08:48 PM
I'm All Ears

Video games but I don't have time to play them anymore.
Sci fi. Fantasy movies and books
Some anime
Pokemon (the game only)- I miss having a gameboy sometimes! I've seriously contemplated buying a gameboy just so I could play pokemon
Dog forums. lol
Disney movies
Chocolate
Nail polish- I collect nail polish
Crab rangoons and bubble tea

I'm really a HUGE nerd but rarely talk nerdy to people in real life other than my sisters (cause they're both nerds too).
Old 09-11-2012, 08:50 PM
I'm All Ears

Oh and bad top 40s songs.
TLC reality shows (especially Say Yes to the dress)
Boy bands *hides*