Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 09-09-2012, 11:14 PM
BusterLove

I will have multiple breed however I think most of them will be similar and I think my household will always be dominated by BC's.
My next dog will be a BC, after that maybe another BC or a greyhound first. Eventually a Borzoi and I have to fit in some Kelpies and Mal's somewhere.

I am so set on a BC for my next dog but I have fallen in love with one of my coworkers little dog. My sister babysits and housesits for his family so we see him pretty often, he's a cav X cocker (not my type at ALL) and he's obese and untrained but he's so bloody feisty and full on, all wrapped up in a sweet little blue roan Cav face I'm going to have to tell his owner if they for any reason ever need to rehome him I'll take him. I can see him being a little agility machine if he had the work put on him.
I actually even told Mum if he ever comes up I'm bringing him home.
And I thought I was so set on not going outside BC's for a long while yet but certain dogs can always surprise us.

Old 09-09-2012, 11:17 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
I really don't know.

Right now I am perfectly happy having Koolie after Koolie after Koolie. There are other breeds I like and would love to try like a Border Collie, a Pyr Shep, maybe a Belgium of some flavor but overall I really am content with Koolies.

But, though I'm young I'm not naive enough to know that doesn't have a good chance of changing.

OT: Adrianne, you're really looking at a whippet again? Weren't you the one who said they weren't as in love with owning the breed once you were around them? What changed?

And if that came out snotty it wasn't supposed to. I really like whippets but always kinda had you in the back of my mind saying that once you were around them while training them you kinda backed away.
I don't think so but I have a terrible memory.

I did say that about staffordshires though after Hazmat. Bad fit, totally.

I've been looking at whippets for a while, I first met them in flyball and then again in dock dogs, the more I meet the better I like the breed. I would like to see more and there may be a nice alternative I haven't yet discovered but I think they'll make a wonderful dog for the yin to the yang spots in my house, good for cuddling, great off-switch, low propensity of DA and mild SA comparatively with my pit bulls.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:25 PM
Top Dog

I haven't decided yet. I really don't THINK I am. But every time I start to stray and want to experience a different breed, I kind of chicken out and go back to the "Well I'm so happy with Jackson, I think I should get another little terrier" type feeling. But then again, I'm still young and really want to experience other breeds before ending up being stuck on a breed. I don't know. I guess I am not sure yet. And this probably sounds dumb, but I think having two of the same breed together is super cute. lol.

Old 09-09-2012, 11:41 PM
Top Dog

I am totally not. I prefer the "bully" breeds over others. I am looking at adding an am. Staff sometime in 2013. But I am lined up for a Black Russian Terrier in 2015ish depending on dogs,space and time. I really like some other breeds and have a "schedule" for those breeds that I'd like to own.

My only problem is having enough time to spend with each dog and then to afford to trial and train with them. So, I have to be able to provide what I feel is optimal care to all the dogs I have, so 3 is my personal limit. Which inhibits trying ALL the breeds I want too!!!
The OldMan Hobie-CGC Rotten Old Dog 11/14/99-01/08/2013
Talulajhs RedChrome Kahpone-CGC TT BH TDI 10/31/04-06/07/10.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:16 AM
Top Dog

I am really trying hard not to be. There are a few breeds I would really like to have, but my heart is so stuck on Tollers it's ridiculous. But, part of that is also because I know they work for me and I know they work excellently for my current spot in life (ie: living with my family who I also must think about when deciding on a dog).

But I would get a C/Koolie after learning a lot about them over the last couple of years (and meeting some) just as quickly as I would get another Toller if there were no other people to think of. So I guess I'm not really a "one breed" person... there is just more to consider besides what I myself want and need in a dog (thanks to Linds and her noisy Didgie videos my mom is a bit scared of a Koolie, haha). So I guess I am a multi breed person with one standout favourite that's hard to move away from. And I have my family to think about. I really do like variety though. I don't see me as the type of person to have a pack of dogs all of one breed ever.

Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Ripley
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Fennec - Tollwest Sugar Fox
[temporary puppy]
Old 09-10-2012, 12:20 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

I definitely have a type (usually herding dogs.) I have a huge soft spot for pit bulls, especially pittie puppies, OMG.
I do think shelties are THE breed for me, but I love other breeds too. I kinda see it like pie. My favourite pie in the whole world is pecan pie. But I also love apple pie, pumpkin pie, walnut pie, sweet potato pie, chocolate cream pie, lemon chiffon pie - lots and lots and lots of pie! I will always have my fave but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy others too! So shelties are my pecan pie, LOL.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 09-10-2012, 12:24 AM
Top Dog

Honestly I'm so hung up on Elsie that I can't imagine having another dog besides her.

But I'm not sure I'd be able to have another Belgian right after her.

I hope that I'm not going to get another dog for for 10+ years.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:43 AM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

I love having different breeds. When I had the schnauzers I was convinced I was a "schnauzer person", when I got the poodles I switched sides and said I was a "poodle person", now with Charlie... Oh hell I'm an any dog person lol. I love the variety, the different challenges each dog/breed brings.

Though it does seem I keep getting higher and higher energy (naughty) breeds, I'm kinda scared what will fall into my lap next lol.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:11 AM
Show Dog

I wouldn't want to stick with just one breed. Whippet, Boston terrier, another JRT.... or maybe even a sweet little Maltese! Those are all breeds I'm interested in.
I want to find a heart dog again (Ruby is more my husbands heart dog...) my JRT Tika was my heart dog and I miss her all the time.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:28 AM
Top Dog

Obviously not

Belgians are "my breed" for sure. Pyrsheps are just about perfect for me. Corgis are funny little dogs. There's a few other oddball herding breeds I'm sure I'd like. And I want a sighthound some day, probably a Whippet.