Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 09-09-2012, 08:56 PM
Top Dog

I love love love poodles, but if not a poodle, definitely a sporting breed/mix. I am NOT a herder person, and as much as I like the spunk of terriers, everything I like/want in a dog comes in sporting breeds
Old 09-09-2012, 08:58 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai View Post
Sporting breeds FTW!

Really though gundog + herder = awesomeness (or some similar real word).

I think I will have that combination forever.
One day I will have a sporty golden.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:59 PM
Top Dog

Nope, I like variety. Although I prefer sporting/herding/working/hunting breeds, maybe down the road I'll break down and get another Mastiff or other giant breed. I might secretly miss the lazy factor of just having them around.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:00 PM
Twin 2

I really don't know.

Right now I am perfectly happy having Koolie after Koolie after Koolie. There are other breeds I like and would love to try like a Border Collie, a Pyr Shep, maybe a Belgium of some flavor but overall I really am content with Koolies.

But, though I'm young I'm not naive enough to know that doesn't have a good chance of changing.

OT: Adrianne, you're really looking at a whippet again? Weren't you the one who said they weren't as in love with owning the breed once you were around them? What changed?

And if that came out snotty it wasn't supposed to. I really like whippets but always kinda had you in the back of my mind saying that once you were around them while training them you kinda backed away.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:14 PM
Resident fainting goat

I think I very well could be.
I'm not the kind of person who is very adventurous when it comes to things I like lol breed wise, I change when forced to/when my needs change.. but once I find something I LOVE, I tend to stick with it. I'm not the kind of person that will go looking at other breeds just because

If I still was the kind of person who wanted a small portable breed.. I'd always have chihuahuas. They work with me lol I'm fine with them.
Looking for something bigger and SD potential..I went with aussies. If that works out, I very well see myself always having aussies until maybe one day I am unable to care for a medium sized high energy breed..then maybe I'll move onto something else.

but until I change enough that I CANNOT have the breed that I had and am forced to change..I will probably be a one breed person.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:26 PM
Top Dog

I am, or close to it. I am a sighthound only person! We are adding our first saluki and hopefully we will be a two breed family then. Azawahks and galgos are on the maybe one day list too.

But honestly, afghan hounds fit me and my family so well that we really have no reason to look elsewhere. My grandparents, my mom and my younger brothers all agree
Old 09-09-2012, 09:29 PM
Top Dog

Heck, I'm not even a "breed" person, much less a one breed person.

I have a very distinct "type" that I like physically and mentally. I expect most or all of my dogs will be variations on that. Gusto is about as close to the ideal of that type as just about any dog I've ever met.

Old 09-09-2012, 09:53 PM
overdogged

Nope. I like several breeds and hope to own a variety over the years.
and Bean FDCh-S
Save the pit bull, Save the world
Are you Unruly?
Old 09-09-2012, 09:55 PM
orange iguanas.

I don't think so, no. There are so many breeds I am interested in and want to experience owning. So far my experience is only with boxers. Do I love them and always want them in my life? Definitely. Do I want my life to ONLY consist of boxers? Probably not, because that would just be insanity.....

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 09-09-2012, 10:01 PM
*Now with Snark*

I'm really happy with spaniels and find myself frustrated or just meh about other non spaniel breeds with the exception of a couple that have caught my fancy like maltese, dobes, and laeks.