Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 01-08-2006, 08:16 AM
Love my pets

This story just makes me think of the anatolians in Florida and the chihauhua that was involved. The law is after the anatolians but I guess they feel the chihuahua had to be a sweet innocent dog.
Old 01-10-2006, 05:30 PM
rottiegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy
Imagine if it had been 5 OTHER breeds of dog - would you still be laughing... Why do small dogs get away with such bad behaviour?

Anything bigger and they would have been PTS by now
Because a chihuahua simply cannot inflict great harm, period.
Old 01-10-2006, 06:56 PM
Top Dog

I don't care if they're yippy and nippy , or barky and bitey ..... it's all in breeding and ownership ! These dogs can't be fun to own.

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 02-23-2006, 01:53 PM
Salty Sea Dog

this is also a shot at all chihuahuas, arnt they already labled as nasty yippy ankle biting dogs...now its going to be even more so...
I have 2 both of which are sweet happy and loving little dogs (they bark whena strange comes on the property but i call them my little alarms, but they would never just unprovoked attack someone...
i grew up with 25 chihuahuas, all of which sweet well adjusted dogs, i was around them before i could walk, and not once was i bitten/nipped or even growled at.

everyone ive ever talked to is more afraid of a chihuahua (or had a bad experience with chihuahuas) than they have with a bully breed or giant...i tell them i have chis and they gringe untill they meet them that is...my chi monkeys have changed more minds than i have lol.

but unfortunatly due to irrisponsible owners who just assume oh hes small he doenst need traiing...or aww isnt it cute how he tries to attack people, or...oh look how funny it is it thinks its a rotty...
these are tenacious little dogs, and like al dogs need training...i think this attack was totally the owners fault for not properly trainign their dogs. and THAT bothers me!

off the soap box now!

I wonder if other dogs think Cresties are members of some weird religious cult?

Adventures In Cluck Clucks, watch them grow @
http://suburbancluckclucks.blogspot.com

Hand Made Fleece Blankets

Old 02-23-2006, 02:39 PM
Show Dog

Like you guys said it's not funny, but oh so hilarious. Beware of the "Chihuahua Pack"!!!
Old 02-23-2006, 02:44 PM
Active Pup

Nice husky DoggyLuva1128 !! I have one also but she is black and white.
Old 02-23-2006, 02:45 PM
Show Dog

aww thank. oooo do you have pictures of her?
Old 02-23-2006, 03:44 PM
Are you dead yet?

It's hilarious.

Yes, it is bad behavior. However, I have yet to see a poorly behaved small dog inflict great harm on someone. Most large dogs do more damage if they jump on somebody than a tiny one does if it bites. Have you ever heard of a healthy adult being seriously injured by a Chi?
Please do not waste your time trying to convince me that little dogs are dangerous. I have owned two small dogs with short tempers and have been bitten by them quite a few times, and the worst that's ever happened was a "OW!" and a bit of blood. No hospital visit, no stitches, just a band-aid. I will admit that a small dog, with a huge effort, could seriously injure a baby/small child or fragile senior citizen, but they honestly pose no threat to most people.
My Papillon is extremely quick to bite. It isn't his fault, he isn't a "bad dog" but he is very easily "set off" and tends to stand and fight when confronted, rather than shy away. I have lost count of the number of times he's gone after me. Why is he still alive? Because no matter how hard he tries, he can't hurt me or anyone else. THAT is why small dogs are not held to the same standards that large dogs are.

This rant isn't directed at anyone in particular, I just get tired of people saying that "small dogs and large dogs are the same" when they quite obviously are not. I have owned and loved both, but if you neglect to train your Chihuahua, chances are nothing bad will happen to you or someone else as a result. If you neglect to train your Mastiff, somebody very well may wind up dead. I personally believe that dogs should be trained and treated properly regardless of their size, but it is obvious why small breeds can get away with aggression and large breeds cannot. I wouldn't dream of letting a Fila do the things my Papillon does.
Old 02-23-2006, 04:41 PM
F150 and a .30-06

When I seen the topic name I almost cried from lauging. !!!!!

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Can Ch Liberty's Surfer Girl TT - You will always be with me
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show