Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 12-30-2005, 02:55 PM
Walks into Mordor

Default Chihuahua attack

Angry chihuahua pack attacks police officer....

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/12/30/ank....ap/index.html
Old 12-30-2005, 03:42 PM
Show Dog

I know it not funny, but it IS. All I can do is picture 5 little yappin terrors running around a 6ft tall man while he is trying to keep his balance and they are nipping at his feet. ahhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaa

TO LOVE AND BE LOVED IS LIFES GREATEST TREASURE
Old 12-30-2005, 04:31 PM
=)

Quote:
Originally Posted by minismom
I know it not funny, but it IS. All I can do is picture 5 little yappin terrors running around a 6ft tall man while he is trying to keep his balance and they are nipping at his feet. ahhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaa

I agree! It is not funny, but I can't help but picture 4 pound chihuahuas biting him!
Old 12-30-2005, 05:22 PM
Imagination ROCKS.

OH man, I saw that. That's the 3rd time he's been attacked by dogs on duty. What does he wash his socks dog food?
Old 12-30-2005, 07:11 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Imagine if it had been 5 OTHER breeds of dog - would you still be laughing... Why do small dogs get away with such bad behaviour?

Anything bigger and they would have been PTS by now
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 12-30-2005, 07:48 PM
Are You Blowing Me Off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy
Imagine if it had been 5 OTHER breeds of dog - would you still be laughing... Why do small dogs get away with such bad behaviour?

Anything bigger and they would have been PTS by now
I agree, very bad behaviour! I think the only reason is five chi's are not life threatening, but a pack of bigger dogs could have done some real damage.

It is really sad that the size of a dog determines the outcome. I think all owners should have to restrain and control their dog no matter what breed. I hope this owner will be held responsible for the hospital visit and the loss of work for the officer! Why should innocent taxpayers pay for his work time while he is in the emergency room, when the dogs owner was clearly not taking responsiblility of her pack.

I am really surprised this even made the news, if it were a pack of larger dogs, and deadly force would have been used, the title probably would have been ............Officers kills family pets.

I guess that's just how things go......
Old 12-31-2005, 11:09 AM
Fila Love

I know I shouldn't be laughing, but ankle bites just cracked me up. I could just picture them all knawing on his ankles.
It really isn't a laughing matter. If it had been large dogs they would have been shot or pts. If really isn't fair, the same rules should apply to all dogs.
Old 12-31-2005, 01:51 PM
Taco Dog

This could be either badly trained dogs, because lots of people tend to not train their "pocket pups," or it could be the protective Chi behavior kicking in. You have to wonder if the officer had his hands on the boy or was doing something that could have been interpreted by the Chis as hurting their owner. Even if this was a Rottie pack or a Lab pack, I would wonder the same things. I think most dog bites are definetely triggered.
But Julie, you are right. If these dogs were Rotts or Pits, it would be all over the news and the dogs would have been PTS on the spot.

"A righteous man has regard for the life of his beast." Proverbs 12:10

http://www.petfinder.com
Old 12-31-2005, 02:16 PM
Imagination ROCKS.

Well, one of the reasons they are not going to order a chi to be PTS, is because of its looks. Whenever a judge looks at a chi, they think of Paris Hilton's dog, Tinkerbell. You look at a GSD and some judges don't have any remorse.
Old 01-08-2006, 08:03 AM
Puppy Dog

i had to laugh also when i saw this on another board. i am really surprised the media didnt report it being a pack of tiny teacup pitbulls ......