Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 12-30-2005, 01:10 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowowee
Again, I would like to apologize to everyone for my unruly manners. Never will you see a confused and deranged Gerald again. I'm sorry from the bottom of my heart.

Happy New Year to all of you.
I don't want a quoting war - but I think you may have missed this.

Besides, I don't want to fight someone elses battles.

I would just like to point out, that if someone is to direct a snide message at me (this IS hypothetical).. I will not see the point, I will see the rudeness. I will therefore not learn a bean about anything.

The best way to get your point across is to be polite, friendly, concise and also honest.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 12-30-2005, 01:38 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy

The best way to get your point across is to be polite, friendly, concise and also honest.
Well said.
Old 12-30-2005, 03:05 PM
Snow Girl

I agree with showpug only the one darker one with the most white on it's neck looks like it may go to dilute tri...I could be wrong though as I am far from being a beagle expert!

Although I must second her opinion alos about the puppies needing cleaner bedding...if I went to a breeder and saw that when choose my puppy I'd walk away.

"When the rain pours down from the heavens, take my hand and spin me around and we shall dance through the barn at midnight until the moon pokes through the clouds once more and the stars continue our dances in the skies"
Old 12-30-2005, 06:32 PM
Bulacan Pitbull Club

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by showpug
Your beagle puppies seem to have a different pattern of coloring than I am used to seeing. Look at this website: http://clubs.akc.org/NBC/beagle_colors.htm

I guess if I would have to guess, I would say that the darker ones are classic tri and the lighter ones are chocolate tri, but I am not a beagle person.

I also wanted to mention that you may want to keep the bedding they are sleeping on a little cleaner. Young puppies need very sanitary conditions to stay healthy.
- Thank you showpug. That was very informative. They're in a very clean bedding now, they're with me inside the house. Thats the bedding I used during whelping. I'm wary of using newspapers because the ones here in my country smells like petrol and contains a lead like substance. I'm going to post new pictures next week after the new year revelry.
I'm beginning to suspect that my brown or mocha colored pups are the so called "liver" colored pups that is considered as a fault in the UK Standards. I've also heard that this kind of beagle color is accepted in the US and have earned their titles. Thank you showpug that was a very informative link.

Happy New Year!
Old 12-30-2005, 06:36 PM
Bulacan Pitbull Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy
I don't want a quoting war - but I think you may have missed this.

Besides, I don't want to fight someone elses battles.

I would just like to point out, that if someone is to direct a snide message at me (this IS hypothetical).. I will not see the point, I will see the rudeness. I will therefore not learn a bean about anything.

- Thank you Dizzy. Happy New Year to you and Bodhi!

Last edited by Bowowee; 12-30-2005 at 06:55 PM.
Old 12-30-2005, 06:51 PM
Bulacan Pitbull Club

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran27
You know, I don't really care what country you are from, but I think you should do genetic and temperament testing on the parents before breeding... especially as you breed pit bulls too. Or are you going to tell me that there are no such tests in Phillipines?

I would also expect a beagle breeder to know enough about the breed to be able to name the colors of puppies! Do you even know anything about the breed? Why do you breed in the first place?
- I do test them for temperament Fran27. As for Genetic testing, the best I could do is check the lineage of the parents and their history. We don't have that technology yet. I sure hope it'll reach our shores in the next couple of years. Living in a developing country has its implications.
The dog situation here in my country is different from your country. We don't have an overpopulation of dogs. In fact some folks here eat dogs, believe it or not. It is against the law but a lot of people do it. I'd like to tell you a whole lot more but my brain is beginning to bleed because I am running out of english words.
Again, I'm sorry for my past rudeness. Happy New Year to you and your family Fran27.
Old 12-30-2005, 06:54 PM
Bulacan Pitbull Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessa_s212
If it is true that bowowee does not health test, being nasty towards her will not convince her to do as you'd like. Is it really that hard to be kind, but educational all at the same time?

Instead of complaining about others complaining about your complaining, maybe you should take the time to educate others without being rude.

I'm sorry, I am no beagle expert. Here in the states you basically see one or two colors, which is usually a tri, or red and white due to the influence of conformation. (Not sure if those are the proper names of the colors.)
- Thank you Tessa. You've helped a lot of people here. I've realized that I have a lot to learn from all of you here. Thank you once again.

Happy New Year to You and Your Family.
Old 12-30-2005, 06:58 PM
Bulacan Pitbull Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by oc_spirit
I agree with showpug only the one darker one with the most white on it's neck looks like it may go to dilute tri...I could be wrong though as I am far from being a beagle expert!

Although I must second her opinion alos about the puppies needing cleaner bedding...if I went to a breeder and saw that when choose my puppy I'd walk away.
- Thank you oc_spirit. Thats the bedding I used during whelping. I changed them right away after they got their colostrum and after I took the pictures. I will post new pictures next week after all the fireworks banging is over. They've grown a lot and are very cute.

Happy New Year to you and your family.
Old 12-30-2005, 06:59 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowowee
- I do test them for temperament Fran27. As for Genetic testing, the best I could do is check the lineage of the parents and their history. We don't have that technology yet. I sure hope it'll reach our shores in the next couple of years. Living in a developing country has its implications.
The dog situation here in my country is different from your country. We don't have an overpopulation of dogs. In fact some folks here eat dogs, believe it or not. It is against the law but a lot of people do it. I'd like to tell you a whole lot more but my brain is beginning to bleed because I am running out of english words.
Again, I'm sorry for my past rudeness. Happy New Year to you and your family Fran27.

Your English is very good. I understand that you haven't got the technology yet, I shouldn't have assumed you did. I hope your country won't have to deal with surpopulation like here

Happy New Year too!
Old 12-30-2005, 06:59 PM
Bulacan Pitbull Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille
Well said.
- Happy New Year Lucille.