Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 12-30-2005, 06:18 AM
Bulacan Pitbull Club

Default Help with beagles

Hello. I'm planning to process my beagle puppies papers early next year. I already know what color to declare but I want to know for sure if I'm right or wrong. We have a lot of experts here and masters of the breed. I just want to know what color would you register these pups if they were born in your country?

Thank you very much. Happy New Year.

This is their birthday picture.
Old 12-30-2005, 07:48 AM
Top Dog

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gerald, those are very cute, as are most puppies.

I am new and was curious about you and your kennel so I went and looked at some of your posts. Do not feel singled out, I check the back posts of many here as I learn and form opinions.

I found this, less than 2 weeks ago and was curious as to what brought on your change of heart, in this post you were not, obviously, looking for expertise and now you seek it.
Just curious, what's up with that?

Here's your post:

"Oh well, I don't really care what a lot of "perfect dog people" here has to say.
I guess their knowledge and experience went way above their heads. They degrade and look down upon people who are "not par" with their standards. I really don't care about a thing they say. "

Last edited by lucille; 12-30-2005 at 08:11 AM.
Old 12-30-2005, 11:19 AM
Bulacan Pitbull Club

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gerald, those are very cute, as are most puppies.

I am new and was curious about you and your kennel so I went and looked at some of your posts. Do not feel singled out, I check the back posts of many here as I learn and form opinions.

I found this, less than 2 weeks ago and was curious as to what brought on your change of heart, in this post you were not, obviously, looking for expertise and now you seek it.
Just curious, what's up with that?

Here's your post:

"Oh well, I don't really care what a lot of "perfect dog people" here has to say.
I guess their knowledge and experience went way above their heads. They degrade and look down upon people who are "not par" with their standards. I really don't care about a thing they say. "
- I'm from another country with a completely different culture and set of beliefs. I'm hard headed and I let my feelings get in the way. I said a lot of things which I really didn't mean.
I've realized that all of us love our pets... It just so happened that we have different ways of showing them.
Again, I would like to apologize to everyone for my unruly manners. Never will you see a confused and deranged Gerald again. I'm sorry from the bottom of my heart.

Happy New Year to all of you.
Old 12-30-2005, 11:28 AM
Top Dog

Your beagle puppies seem to have a different pattern of coloring than I am used to seeing. Look at this website: http://clubs.akc.org/NBC/beagle_colors.htm

I guess if I would have to guess, I would say that the darker ones are classic tri and the lighter ones are chocolate tri, but I am not a beagle person.

I also wanted to mention that you may want to keep the bedding they are sleeping on a little cleaner. Young puppies need very sanitary conditions to stay healthy.
Old 12-30-2005, 11:46 AM
Top Dog

You know, I don't really care what country you are from, but I think you should do genetic and temperament testing on the parents before breeding... especially as you breed pit bulls too. Or are you going to tell me that there are no such tests in Phillipines?

I would also expect a beagle breeder to know enough about the breed to be able to name the colors of puppies! Do you even know anything about the breed? Why do you breed in the first place?
Old 12-30-2005, 12:14 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowowee
I already know what color to declare. I just want to know what color would you register these pups if they were born in your country?
That is what was asked - they clearly know what they have decided on, and wondered on your opinions.

Again, bitchiness raises it's ugly head.

Season of good will gone already?
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 12-30-2005, 12:17 PM
Top Dog

What's the season of good will?

No offense, but if you find nothing wrong in his breeding methods by looking at his site, you just don't have a clue about breeding. So, instead of bitching about people bitching (see the irony?), you should take advantage of the opportunity to educate yourself. Just a thought.
Old 12-30-2005, 12:24 PM
tessa_s212

If it is true that bowowee does not health test, being nasty towards her will not convince her to do as you'd like. Is it really that hard to be kind, but educational all at the same time?

Instead of complaining about others complaining about your complaining, maybe you should take the time to educate others without being rude.

I'm sorry, I am no beagle expert. Here in the states you basically see one or two colors, which is usually a tri, or red and white due to the influence of conformation. (Not sure if those are the proper names of the colors.)
Old 12-30-2005, 12:35 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Thankyou Tessa. The point I was trying to put across. Educate - not humiliate.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 12-30-2005, 01:06 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Oh well, I don't really care what a lot of "perfect dog people" here has to say.
I guess their knowledge and experience went way above their heads. They degrade and look down upon people who are "not par" with their standards. I really don't care about a thing they say.
Yes, being polite about it surely helps when you read this kind of reply. I have yet to see a BYB accept criticism on this forum (or any other for that matter). People just don't like being proven wrong, no matter what words you use for it. So I just use the most direct way of getting my point across. I really couldn't care less if you don't like what I do, at least the OP got my point, and it's what I wanted.

On a side note, Bowowee seems like a nice guy/gal, after reading some of his/her other posts, and he/she seems to care for his/her dogs. I just don't think that saying we don't have the same way of caring for our pets is quite a justification for poor breeding ethics.