Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 09-07-2012, 10:22 PM
orange iguanas.

What's nice about our schedule is that we have a couple times randomly throughout the day blocked off as "ER" appointments. Those only get filled if we're totally booked but we need to see the patient today. That's not to say that, if your dog gets hit by a car, we're going to say "sorry, you can't come until 4:00." But it does mean that, if someone calls in and says their dog has been limping or has had diarrhea or hasn't eaten - those are not OMG COME IN NOW emergencies, but obviously we wanna see them sooner rather than later, so then they get put in an ER spot. And we do not tell clients about these so that they can't use it against us.

But it's nice, because then we are not seeing appointments back to back to back... makes it easier for us to fit in sick animals, without backing up the rest of the schedule. Usually.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 09-07-2012, 11:24 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
What's nice about our schedule is that we have a couple times randomly throughout the day blocked off as "ER" appointments. Those only get filled if we're totally booked but we need to see the patient today. That's not to say that, if your dog gets hit by a car, we're going to say "sorry, you can't come until 4:00." But it does mean that, if someone calls in and says their dog has been limping or has had diarrhea or hasn't eaten - those are not OMG COME IN NOW emergencies, but obviously we wanna see them sooner rather than later, so then they get put in an ER spot. And we do not tell clients about these so that they can't use it against us.

But it's nice, because then we are not seeing appointments back to back to back... makes it easier for us to fit in sick animals, without backing up the rest of the schedule. Usually.
This too. The clinic I use always has spots blocked off for urgent/need to see that day appointments.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 09-10-2012, 02:30 PM
Top Dog

When Argon had his stroke, I didn't even have time to call them. I just threw him in the car and rushed him in. They still grabbed him from the lobby and rushed him back for bloodwork. It didn't end up helping him, but they did do everything possible.

Booty Dancing In Heaven 10/13/03-9/15/12
As much as I try to be one of those easygoing 'spread your wings and fly' types, I just can't stop trying to burst people into flames with my mind.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:44 PM
treehugging clicker freak

When Maddie hurt her eye I called and was there within 2mins, we got straight in and working on her immeadiatly and they let me stay with her and help.
Now that I think about it though when I went in with Murtagh the rooms were all taken and then I had to wait to see him and I was mad. But after reading your experience, I guess I shouldn't complain.

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o