Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 04-08-2014, 08:01 PM
Top Dog

First two days have gone fantastic at the new job! The farm is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays so it's a day spent cleaning and training. We got all the cleaning done pretty quickly and I was like "what am I supposed to do for the last 6 hours of the day?!" Then I remembered it's my job to train my dogs. EASY to occupy the day doing that!! I can't wait to have my first day with the farm being open, it's going to be so much fun!!

Taboo, Zuma, Mighty Mouse, Zinga, Edgar, Zip Tie
Old 04-08-2014, 08:13 PM
Bored Now.

Feeling mostly better and have Black Beauty and Ginger in bed with me.

Oh, and i have an appetite again.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:51 PM
Top Dog

Lots of happy news today!

We were approved for a loan to get started on our own! It isn't much, but enough for us. We looked around a bit today and will again tomorrow. I was offered a job at the bank making around $10/11 p/h. We are doing good. And it feels good. Life is easy when you let the little things go. Our trip is still on. And we are- tenetively - putting in a two year plan that includes the move and maybe another addition.

I actually got news that a friend of mine was pregnant! I am excited for her, but I want to be more prepared. And unlike some other women I know, I am not setting as soon as possible. We have plans, we love each other, but no hurry. Plenty of time.

And the smaller things-

I have an amazing boyfriend that loves to spoil me. When I say we don't need something,he says I DESERVE it. He treats me like a queen. He acts like a responsible, mature man. I know I can depend on him.

I mean, he bought me an eyeshadow palette today that smens like chocolate. It is the little stuff . Taking care of chores and helping me.

JUST SQUEE. I AM HAPPY.
Old 04-09-2014, 07:18 AM
Highbread Dingbat

So I had my little "phone interview" last night, and I feel it went pretty well

Apparently I wasn't the only one who had randomly emailed him about work, but he said I sounded like the most knowledgeable. Hoping I don't have to work Monday so I can check the place out and meet him in person.

The facility's Facebook page is nothing but 5 star reviews and everyone gushing about how great this place is.
26 acres, 1 acre fenced, giant indoor facility, individual indoor rooms for the dogs.

Basically from what I understand, if I get the position in addition to crap cleaning, it will start out as just Wednesday shifts - working with a Boxer play group. If that goes well and I have a handle on things he's thinking of expanding the daycare aspect and I'll have more days to work. Right now he just does the Boxer-Wednesdays because he wants to ensure everything is run smoothly and not too hectic (which poorly run dog facilities stress me out, so it sounds good!).

He also does IPO and SAR work (I think he said he's now a qualified trainer...but I can't quite remember) and said he would love to teach me. Also I can bring the dogs with me, and if there are any issues I'm having he said he'll help me out with anything.

That said....
I've always been told that if it sounds too good to be true....it usually is
Old 04-10-2014, 03:41 AM
Top Dog

Karen Gillian AND Matt Smith are coming to Calgary, so many happies right now.
Old 04-10-2014, 02:56 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Finally said to heck with trying to get my printer to work and just emailed my information and resume to All The Clinics this morning. I've already had two veterinarians get back in touch to schedule an interview. Hooray!

Old 04-11-2014, 09:51 AM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Yey, interview scheduled for Monday! This was one of the clinics I originally scoped out because they're super close to the house. Three doctor staff (unlike most of the clinics around here with one doctor) and good reviews from customers, which is awesome.

Wish me luck!

Old 04-11-2014, 11:43 AM
<----Thanks Allie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraB View Post
First two days have gone fantastic at the new job! The farm is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays so it's a day spent cleaning and training. We got all the cleaning done pretty quickly and I was like "what am I supposed to do for the last 6 hours of the day?!" Then I remembered it's my job to train my dogs. EASY to occupy the day doing that!! I can't wait to have my first day with the farm being open, it's going to be so much fun!!
This is just all around super awesome. Congrats!
Old 04-11-2014, 11:48 AM
<----Thanks Allie

Having a good day today!

I am not so sick I can't get out of bed anymore. I was able to eat and keep breakfast down.

My check came in for ordering some more leather supplies, pretty excited.

I sent my hardware order to the manufacturer, just waiting for their invoice. I emailed the tannery an order, waiting for their invoice.

Tandy is having a sale, so I'm going to buy Al Stohlman's saddlery book bc I really REALLY want it... and it's on sale and I have a coupon from them.

I was having the hardest time coming up with a design for a friend's lab... it needed to be perfect... and then BAM it just hit me!
Old 04-11-2014, 11:59 AM
I'm All Ears

Payday makes me very happy.