Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-14-2014, 01:06 PM
Silence, peasants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootenay View Post
I'm getting an 80-200mm 2.8...pretty excited! I love my 50mm too, you'll have a lot of fun with that lens.
Ahh, I think you'll really love that! I looove my 70-200.

Feistea, ze Blog
Old 03-14-2014, 01:14 PM
<----Thanks Allie

Quote:
I'm getting an 80-200mm 2.8...pretty excited! I love my 50mm too, you'll have a lot of fun with that lens.
Soooooo jealous! I have been oogling that model lens forever! Of course the price tag of the 2.8 is so far out of my budget I can't even afford to look at a picture of them online. HaHa!
Old 03-14-2014, 03:15 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oko View Post
Ditto!

I'm buying a cheap 35mm with my tax return this month, and I get to second shoot at a wedding or two for my friend this summer, which I am excited about. He's even renting me a second body so that I have two cameras to use... the second body will be Canon and I shoot Nikon, so this should be interesting.

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 03-14-2014, 04:31 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oko View Post
I know, I'm pretty pumped. I've used a 70-200 of a friends and ever since then I've just been dying for one. The 80-200 is just the slightly older model, but waaaay less expensive, and I've heard good things about it. Just couldn't afford the 70-200, so this will have to do. I was either going to go for a Sigma 70-200 or the Nikon 80-200 and everything I read said the 80-200 was a way better buy (similar prices).
Old 03-14-2014, 04:32 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEtzel View Post
Ditto!

I'm buying a cheap 35mm with my tax return this month, and I get to second shoot at a wedding or two for my friend this summer, which I am excited about. He's even renting me a second body so that I have two cameras to use... the second body will be Canon and I shoot Nikon, so this should be interesting.
Nice! That should be fun! I'm so excited to second shoot for my friend this summer That's basically how I'm justifying buying a new lens right now, because I'll actually be making some money with the camera. Something like that, anyway...

Next on the list is definitely a wide angle of some sort, but that will have to wait a while.
Old 03-14-2014, 05:35 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Nice! That should be fun! I'm so excited to second shoot for my friend this summer That's basically how I'm justifying buying a new lens right now, because I'll actually be making some money with the camera. Something like that, anyway...

Next on the list is definitely a wide angle of some sort, but that will have to wait a while.
I can't wait to see what kind of shots you get. I used to date this guy and I'm doing it because we're still friends and I enjoy it.. Idk if he'll be paying me, but it'd be nice! XD

It's been a while since I looked at specs/prices for more expensive lenses (mostly because I get lost in it sometimes and know I can't afford any...) what was the price difference for the 80-200 vs 70-200? I need to double check my specs. I got my 70-200 as a gift but I didn't think it cost much (for a lens).

I have no idea what lens will be next on my list, honestly. I think I'll be pretty content with these for a while. Until I talk to Grace again, anyway.

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 03-14-2014, 05:54 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEtzel View Post
I can't wait to see what kind of shots you get. I used to date this guy and I'm doing it because we're still friends and I enjoy it.. Idk if he'll be paying me, but it'd be nice! XD

It's been a while since I looked at specs/prices for more expensive lenses (mostly because I get lost in it sometimes and know I can't afford any...) what was the price difference for the 80-200 vs 70-200? I need to double check my specs. I got my 70-200 as a gift but I didn't think it cost much (for a lens).

I have no idea what lens will be next on my list, honestly. I think I'll be pretty content with these for a while. Until I talk to Grace again, anyway.
It looks like the new 70-200 2.8s are about $2000 or more? New, the 80-200s are closer to $1000, but I just got this one used off ebay for like $550.
Old 03-14-2014, 06:42 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
It looks like the new 70-200 2.8s are about $2000 or more? New, the 80-200s are closer to $1000, but I just got this one used off ebay for like $550.
Nice! I was going to say I know a 70-200 2.8 used that's in great condition and for sale but you'd never get it for that price!

I never have any luck looking for used lenses that I want so I am really jealous that you had a nice score

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 03-14-2014, 06:52 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai View Post
Nice! I was going to say I know a 70-200 2.8 used that's in great condition and for sale but you'd never get it for that price!

I never have any luck looking for used lenses that I want so I am really jealous that you had a nice score
Yeah I am pretty pumped! I have had good luck buying things off ebay, either used or refurbished, but I usually do the buy it now thing. This one I actually bid on and it was so intense at the end there! I was stoked to get it for that price though, because it's in mint condition. Hopefully it gets here alright (and SOON!).
Old 03-14-2014, 09:49 PM
Twin 2.0

Got to drive the sh*t out of one of the new 2015 WRX's today.

Who needs sleep?

CrazyDog Photography CrazyDog on Facebook
Scent Sweet Home--Scentsy Wickless Candles Follow me!-Fall/Winter 2013 catalogs available!
Have Aussie, Will Travel--A Blog updated 5/26/12

Thanks Alliemackie!