Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #5651  
Old 03-14-2014, 01:06 PM
Oko's Avatar
Oko Oko is offline
Silence, peasants.
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: MA, USA
Posts: 1,838
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootenay View Post
I'm getting an 80-200mm 2.8...pretty excited! I love my 50mm too, you'll have a lot of fun with that lens.
Ahh, I think you'll really love that! I looove my 70-200.
__________________


Feistea, ze Blog
Reply With Quote
  #5652  
Old 03-14-2014, 01:14 PM
xpaeanx's Avatar
xpaeanx xpaeanx is offline
<----Thanks Allie
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 7,669
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootenay View Post
I'm getting an 80-200mm 2.8...pretty excited! I love my 50mm too, you'll have a lot of fun with that lens.
Soooooo jealous! I have been oogling that model lens forever! Of course the price tag of the 2.8 is so far out of my budget I can't even afford to look at a picture of them online. HaHa!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5653  
Old 03-14-2014, 03:15 PM
DJEtzel's Avatar
DJEtzel DJEtzel is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 2,409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oko View Post
Ahh, I think you'll really love that! I looove my 70-200.
Ditto!

I'm buying a cheap 35mm with my tax return this month, and I get to second shoot at a wedding or two for my friend this summer, which I am excited about. He's even renting me a second body so that I have two cameras to use... the second body will be Canon and I shoot Nikon, so this should be interesting.
__________________

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Reply With Quote
  #5654  
Old 03-14-2014, 04:31 PM
Kootenay's Avatar
Kootenay Kootenay is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: BC Canada
Posts: 1,133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oko View Post
Ahh, I think you'll really love that! I looove my 70-200.
I know, I'm pretty pumped. I've used a 70-200 of a friends and ever since then I've just been dying for one. The 80-200 is just the slightly older model, but waaaay less expensive, and I've heard good things about it. Just couldn't afford the 70-200, so this will have to do. I was either going to go for a Sigma 70-200 or the Nikon 80-200 and everything I read said the 80-200 was a way better buy (similar prices).
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5655  
Old 03-14-2014, 04:32 PM
Kootenay's Avatar
Kootenay Kootenay is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: BC Canada
Posts: 1,133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEtzel View Post
Ditto!

I'm buying a cheap 35mm with my tax return this month, and I get to second shoot at a wedding or two for my friend this summer, which I am excited about. He's even renting me a second body so that I have two cameras to use... the second body will be Canon and I shoot Nikon, so this should be interesting.
Nice! That should be fun! I'm so excited to second shoot for my friend this summer That's basically how I'm justifying buying a new lens right now, because I'll actually be making some money with the camera. Something like that, anyway...

Next on the list is definitely a wide angle of some sort, but that will have to wait a while.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5656  
Old 03-14-2014, 05:35 PM
DJEtzel's Avatar
DJEtzel DJEtzel is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 2,409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootenay View Post
Nice! That should be fun! I'm so excited to second shoot for my friend this summer That's basically how I'm justifying buying a new lens right now, because I'll actually be making some money with the camera. Something like that, anyway...

Next on the list is definitely a wide angle of some sort, but that will have to wait a while.
I can't wait to see what kind of shots you get. I used to date this guy and I'm doing it because we're still friends and I enjoy it.. Idk if he'll be paying me, but it'd be nice! XD

It's been a while since I looked at specs/prices for more expensive lenses (mostly because I get lost in it sometimes and know I can't afford any...) what was the price difference for the 80-200 vs 70-200? I need to double check my specs. I got my 70-200 as a gift but I didn't think it cost much (for a lens).

I have no idea what lens will be next on my list, honestly. I think I'll be pretty content with these for a while. Until I talk to Grace again, anyway.
__________________

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Reply With Quote
  #5657  
Old 03-14-2014, 05:54 PM
Kootenay's Avatar
Kootenay Kootenay is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: BC Canada
Posts: 1,133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEtzel View Post
I can't wait to see what kind of shots you get. I used to date this guy and I'm doing it because we're still friends and I enjoy it.. Idk if he'll be paying me, but it'd be nice! XD

It's been a while since I looked at specs/prices for more expensive lenses (mostly because I get lost in it sometimes and know I can't afford any...) what was the price difference for the 80-200 vs 70-200? I need to double check my specs. I got my 70-200 as a gift but I didn't think it cost much (for a lens).

I have no idea what lens will be next on my list, honestly. I think I'll be pretty content with these for a while. Until I talk to Grace again, anyway.
It looks like the new 70-200 2.8s are about $2000 or more? New, the 80-200s are closer to $1000, but I just got this one used off ebay for like $550.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5658  
Old 03-14-2014, 06:42 PM
Shai's Avatar
Shai Shai is offline
& the Muttly Crew
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 5,967
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootenay View Post
It looks like the new 70-200 2.8s are about $2000 or more? New, the 80-200s are closer to $1000, but I just got this one used off ebay for like $550.
Nice! I was going to say I know a 70-200 2.8 used that's in great condition and for sale but you'd never get it for that price!

I never have any luck looking for used lenses that I want so I am really jealous that you had a nice score
__________________

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Reply With Quote
  #5659  
Old 03-14-2014, 06:52 PM
Kootenay's Avatar
Kootenay Kootenay is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: BC Canada
Posts: 1,133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai View Post
Nice! I was going to say I know a 70-200 2.8 used that's in great condition and for sale but you'd never get it for that price!

I never have any luck looking for used lenses that I want so I am really jealous that you had a nice score
Yeah I am pretty pumped! I have had good luck buying things off ebay, either used or refurbished, but I usually do the buy it now thing. This one I actually bid on and it was so intense at the end there! I was stoked to get it for that price though, because it's in mint condition. Hopefully it gets here alright (and SOON!).
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5660  
Old 03-14-2014, 09:49 PM
Zoom's Avatar
Zoom Zoom is offline
Twin 2.0
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 40,715
Default

Got to drive the sh*t out of one of the new 2015 WRX's today.
__________________

Who needs sleep?

CrazyDog Photography CrazyDog on Facebook
Scent Sweet Home--Scentsy Wickless Candles Follow me!-Fall/Winter 2013 catalogs available!
Have Aussie, Will Travel--A Blog updated 5/26/12

Thanks Alliemackie!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:13 PM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site