Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-20-2014, 08:10 PM
Top Dog

My SO and his friend are going to Australia this summer. He invited me a couple of months ago, but I don't have the money for it so I said no. I just got a text from him telling me he will pay for me if I go, airplane ticket, food, everything. On one hand I am beyond excited and happy, because oh my god free trip to Australia with my favorite person ever, oh my god how can one person be so nice omg.

But on the other hand, I would feel so...bad. It just seems so wrong and selfish, even though he offered because he REALLY wants me to go. We're not married or live together or anything, we don't share a bank account, I pay for my stuff and he pays for his. I mean, this is a trip that would cost over $2,000 for one person, and he just works a part time job. I feel like I would be taking advantage of him, even though I know he has plenty of money saved up, and part of it is I'm just being ridiculous.

What would you guys do?
Old 02-20-2014, 08:14 PM
dogstrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picklepaige View Post
My SO and his friend are going to Australia this summer. He invited me a couple of months ago, but I don't have the money for it so I said no. I just got a text from him telling me he will pay for me if I go, airplane ticket, food, everything. On one hand I am beyond excited and happy, because oh my god free trip to Australia with my favorite person ever, oh my god how can one person be so nice omg.

But on the other hand, I would feel so...bad. It just seems so wrong and selfish, even though he offered because he REALLY wants me to go. We're not married or live together or anything, we don't share a bank account, I pay for my stuff and he pays for his. I mean, this is a trip that would cost over $2,000 for one person, and he just works a part time job. I feel like I would be taking advantage of him, even though I know he has plenty of money saved up, and part of it is I'm just being ridiculous.

What would you guys do?
I would take the offer and then maybe slowly pay him back or something of that nature. Like you said, he wouldn't offer unless he REALLY wanted you to go.

Equinox Shadow Of A Hero CGC "Shadow"
Equinox Ain't No Rest For The Wicked CGC "Embyr"
Equinox Play Me Some Mountain Music "Copper"
Equinox Don't Feed It After Midnight "Bloo"
Old 02-20-2014, 08:22 PM
Highbread Dingbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julee View Post
I would take the offer and then maybe slowly pay him back or something of that nature. Like you said, he wouldn't offer unless he REALLY wanted you to go.
I like this idea.
It's too great of an opportunity to pass up! And while you may not be able to afford it outright yourself, you can always work off your "debt" (even if he doesn't see it as a debt to be paid back), by either giving him a bit of money here and there outright, or saving up and treating him to a trip further down the line.
Old 02-20-2014, 09:08 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
What would you guys do?
Go!!

He obviously really wants you to go! Maybe offer what you can afford?
Old 02-21-2014, 09:48 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by locke View Post
go!!

He obviously really wants you to go! Maybe offer what you can afford?
do it!

Crossbone - 2011 Cattle Pirate | Jack - 2004 Beaglador | Smallpox - 2014 Rat Terrier
Old 02-21-2014, 11:56 AM
Top Dog

Limit's evaluation went REALLY well :-) We're joining her Mon night class and she expects we'll be able to compete just fine! I am VERY excited. He was so good. He was a little nervous, even growled/bark when she came up (we were up on a hill in the dark when she approached and turned the lights on). He recovered within minutes. Was taking treats and doing his tricks for her. He did his contact behavior - she was really pleased with him overall and so was I.

I'm going to a "meet the team" thing with the Athens flyball club next Sunday. I won't be able to afford to join their next set of classes, but maybe the one after that.
Old 02-21-2014, 12:07 PM
Top Dog

I ordered a dslr yesterday. I'm so excited... but I'm a little unhappy that I didn't pay $30 extra dollars for rush shipping.
Old 02-21-2014, 12:12 PM
Wild At Heart

Quote:

What would you guys do?
Free trip to Australia? I'M IN!

Seriously, go. If you don't, you'll probably regret not going

Harleigh <3
Old 02-21-2014, 12:29 PM
Top Dog

Um you should go to Australia and bring me back a dog. Please, thank you.

Taboo, Zuma, Mighty Mouse, Zinga, Edgar, Zip Tie
Old 02-21-2014, 12:40 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraB View Post
Um you should go to Australia and bring me back a dog. Please, thank you.
Make that a few dogs. lol