Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-17-2014, 12:41 PM
Chihuahua Power!

Greenmagick, I'd love to try some of your soaps! They look and sound amazing!

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 01-18-2014, 04:16 AM
Rude and Not Ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
How does your skin handle coconut oil? Some people find it drying even using is straight. If it works well, I have a straight coconut oil soap that is superfatted at a high % that I find very moisturizing. I actually use almost all of these on my face even but everyone is going to be a bit different.

The Herbal Daze one is lavender free and full of skin nourishing herbs and some has some clay that gives it some 'slip' making it guide smoothly. Or a goatmilk, oatmeal and honey is exfoliating (light exfoliation) but that might feel rough on your hand. The sea salt and charcoal is a bit as well, I find it nice and smooth but there is a bit of chunkier charcoal that may be a bit rough for some.
All of those sound amazing. What I mean by rough is not like, gritty? I think that's the correct word. I can use a pumice stone on my feet to get dead skin off, and I've taken to using it on my legs to help a bit with the ingrown hairs too. It seems to be helping a lot.

The worse problem is shaving my face, it gets super super dry. I usually moisturizer after I get out and I've dried off because my skin is so freaking tight after washing it and shaving. It's helped clear up the acne I was having though, so that's a huge bonus!

What are you charging per soap + shipping?

Also, I'm going to have to show my mom your website. She's a soap buying FIEND. She LOVES different soaps, especially patchouli (I cannot STAND patchouli. But she's a hippy )

ETA, I don't have an issue with coconut oil, I actually really like how it works on my hair, even the cheap shampoo with coconut oil in it, it doesn't make it poofy for whatever reason, and I hate when my hair is poofy lol. I have to slick it down and wear a hat until it's dry.

I may have to try all four from you lol
Old 01-18-2014, 07:17 AM
Top Dog

Got into a two hour working puppy seminar and social hour for Patton today last minute. I was hoping to sleep in today, but I'll just come home afterwards with him and nap! Lord knows we'll both be exhausted!
Old 01-18-2014, 10:46 AM
Bored Now.

Am I the only one looking at Greenmagick's soaps and wanting to eat them?

Good news: Took Moo on a walk for an hour. Now work. I just want to sleep.
Old 01-18-2014, 10:48 AM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

One year since I saw justin bieber in concert for the first time. Can't believe it's been a year and at the same time it seems like a lifetime ago.

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 01-18-2014, 02:01 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Just watched a new trailer for Maleficent. EEKKKKK. I can't wait for this movie to come out. May 30th.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 01-18-2014, 05:10 PM
Top Dog

The human body is absolutely freaking amazing.

My mother was diagnosed with kidney cancer in mid-December. She had the kidney removed Thursday afternoon, and is home today and doing remarkably well considering SHE HAD AN ORGAN REMOVED less than 48 hours ago.

The cancer was caught incredibly early on an MRI for an unrelated issue, and there is absolutely no signs that it has spread anywhere. Cancer sucks beyond belief, but I am so unbelievably grateful for how things are going, and so amazed, that this is definitely Good News Thread stuff.

Old 01-18-2014, 06:25 PM
Duuuuude.

Warning, incoming tl;dr!

I've been looking at apartments for when I move out, and it's not very promising. The bare minimum for a studio apartment in a questionable complex is ~600, and the absolute most I could spend is 800 and even that's really pushing it. Talked to my good friend/ex-roommate the other day and she mentioned that she and her fiance had tossed around the idea of seeing if I wanted to rent their extra bedroom in their 2 bedroom house. HOUSE. Not apartment. As in, with a yard. A YARD. Their rent/utilities are ridiculously cheap, so the total per month for each of us would be around... $190.

Omg.

I lived with her for a few years on and off and we were great roommates, and I get along with her fiance just fine, too - he's a good guy. Rowan would get to live with his girlfriend Kaylee again. Heck, I'D get to live with Kaylee again! I adore that little dog. If I could've gotten a Kaylee clone as my second dog, I would've done it in a heartbeat. She also has a couple pieces of agility equipment and we could build the rest. Their house is close to the place where I want to get Rowan into agility classes, too.

The biggest downside, and that's saying something because it's not that bad, is that they have cats. I am allergic. Going over there for a few hours leaves me messed up for a day or so. I don't think they vacuum much because they aren't allergic, though, so if I vacuum often and keep the cats out of my room, I can minimize the issues until they go away. I've lived with cats in previous situations and after a couple of months, I build up a tolerance to that particular cat.

My goal now is to really work hard on Riff's manners. Cassie's fiance is only reluctant because of Riff, but he's also only seen Riff at his worst. My little dude gets pretty anxious visiting other people's houses, and he's also never seen cats before, so he was incredibly high-strung and frantic when we were there a few nights ago. We just need to go visit more often so he gets used to the house, and the cats (he made a pretty big improvement just in the one night.) Work on a "settle" command. Be more stringent with manners... I let him get away with a lot because it doesn't bother me. Let her fiance see how he is in his own home environment, because otherwise he's pretty much on board with the idea, too.

This would be a major positive change in my life. It's still hinging on a few things, like getting this job I applied for, but that's looking really hopeful... so I'm trying not to get too excited, but... well, I am excited

Kendall & the Red Dogs: Rowan & Riff
Old 01-18-2014, 08:25 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

I think it's official. We are moving back to New Mexico. Prob not until sometime in the summer. That gives us time to save, prepare, find jobs and a place to live etc.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:29 AM
Show Dog

Went to the dog show with my boyfriend. I got there just in time to see two Rough Collies and a whole slew of Shelties. I was too nervous to approach anyone and ask questions, but I just observed. The Shelties were quiet, calm, and relaxed. Not one if them barked, and there were like 40 of them. Now we can start looking for a breeder, because he thought that they were a good size, not too fluffy, or froo-frooey.

My time for finally getting a dog is getting closer. Doesn't feel like a lost cause anymore and a weight has been lifted. I can't wait!

The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too." - Samuel Butler