Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-06-2014, 09:56 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
Don't buy from someone you don't like. And you cannot count a 5K mile car as "new". Whichever respective dealership can certify it as part of their pre-owned program, but a car can only be counted as "new" up to like 3K (at least for Colorado). And for a VW, no. I would absolutely not pay new price.

I'm also not a huge fan of VW. I like to play around with the ones we get in on trade, but as the joke around here goes "It's not a real VW unless there's a check engine light on."

What are your wants/needs in a car? I will help you out on the Subaru side as much as I can from half the country away!
Bwahahahahahahaha. Oh my god. That totally explains the HELL out of DH's VW Beetle. And also that I absolutely detest that car. It sucks. And it's ten years newer than my Jeep, but has about a billion more things wrong with it. And is also made of plastic and Styrofoam. Seriously. STYROFOAM.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:01 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

When people ask me about my car I tell them not to buy a VW unless you want to learn how to fix it, or you have the money to pay someone to fix it. Sometimes a lot!

In my first year of owning my car I learned how to fix quite a few things myself. Those that I couldn't fix myself, I had a club full of awesome guys who were more than happy to teach me how or fix it for beer as payment. Now I just hand Ryan the keys and tell him I'm taking his car

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:07 PM
Top Dog

Gwen and I are enrolled in a course.! Omgomgomg.

Australian Kelpie and Coursing Fiend~ 2
http://fuzzycircus.blogspot.com/
Old 01-06-2014, 10:12 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airn View Post
Eeeee. Just throw some in a box and I'll give you money
Just let me know about how much you want to pay (preshipping) and I can make an assortment up if you dont want to pick

(also let me know anything you do NOT want, scents you hate, alllergies, etc)
Old 01-06-2014, 10:48 PM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
Don't buy from someone you don't like. And you cannot count a 5K mile car as "new". Whichever respective dealership can certify it as part of their pre-owned program, but a car can only be counted as "new" up to like 3K (at least for Colorado). And for a VW, no. I would absolutely not pay new price.

I'm also not a huge fan of VW. I like to play around with the ones we get in on trade, but as the joke around here goes "It's not a real VW unless there's a check engine light on."

What are your wants/needs in a car? I will help you out on the Subaru side as much as I can from half the country away!
RHD and I were always convinced that there was something wrong with ours because they never threw CELs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
My check engine light comes on intermittently, people occasionally point it out to me and I just shrug. It's a VW, that's what it does!!

I adore my VW, and don't have plans of driving any other brand anytime soon, but they aren't cheap to fix if you don't want to do it yourself. Ryan is a VW tech and he always, always has work, both at work and on the side. So keep that in mind
This is the best advice anyone could possibly give. You will probably LOVE your VW, but be prepared. (Buy a warranty.)
Old 01-06-2014, 10:50 PM
Top Dog

We had 5 vws at one point - all 1969 and earlier though. Sadly we are down to one. I really miss the ghia DH just did not have the time to restore them all
Old 01-06-2014, 11:11 PM
Top Dog

I have banana walnut chocolate chip soft tops <3
Old 01-06-2014, 11:30 PM
aka RedHotBabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
RHD and I were always convinced that there was something wrong with ours because they never threw CELs.
Plowed mine into a guardrail and still no lights on the dash. My car is a champ. The only CEL mine has thrown was when I took my O2 spacer off.

My good news: I can get an FR-S at cost.
Old 01-06-2014, 11:55 PM
Top Dog

I found Vicky Cristina Barcelona on YouTube. Finding a movie I love on YouTube always puts me in a good mood, doesn't matter if it's 240 px and has Spanish subtitles.
Old 01-07-2014, 01:24 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Just ordered 5 nice pairs of underwear and a very nice new bra from Victoria's Secret thanks to a giftcard and the awesome sale they are having. WHOOT!

Now if Abrams eats any of these, I will disown him. Stupid dog.