Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 11-28-2013, 09:16 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
That's awesome, congratulations!

If you can't tell your boss that you're looking for a new job, I wouldn't tell your coworkers. Can you say that you have a mid-day doctor appointment?
I can but I feel horrible lying. December 1st is my anniversary... I was off half of Tuesday and all Wednesday so I could take the rest of my vacation days, so technically I start with a new set of vacation days. I could claim I have a doctor's appointment and it might take a long time so I'm just taking a whole half day off? Or I could make up something with the house... but I feel really really bad lying. =/ I'm not sure what to do, but I know I DO want to interview at this place. It's really relevant to my interests... I think I'll enjoy it.
ughhhh but then I'm worried the other place will make me an offer and I'll take it and then THIS place will make me an offer and what will I do??

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 11-28-2013, 09:27 AM
Behavior Nerd

Can you just say you have an appointment and leave it at that?

Also, if you get an offer from the first place, it's totally fine to tell them that you are waiting to hear from another company you've interviewed with before you make any decisions. I was in that spot a few years ago and they totally understood that I needed to have all the info possible before I accepted an offer.

Old 11-28-2013, 09:31 AM
Kung Pow Fish

Boarding client showed up after all-- 2 hours later >< all is well tho, even if the dog IS the size of my entire bedroom roflrofl
Old 11-28-2013, 01:12 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardogs View Post
Can you just say you have an appointment and leave it at that?

Also, if you get an offer from the first place, it's totally fine to tell them that you are waiting to hear from another company you've interviewed with before you make any decisions. I was in that spot a few years ago and they totally understood that I needed to have all the info possible before I accepted an offer.
I wish, but they always want to know what my appointment is. It's none of their business but they always ask. Even when I take a vacation day they're all "so what are you doing, why do you need the day off?" NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.

I just can't imagine if I told a company "well I'm interested but I'm waiting to hear from another place too" that they wouldn't go "ooookay well in that case never mind." =/ And then what if I DON'T get an offer from the second place - then I've blown my chance to get a better paying job... are places seriously cool with being put on hold? I've never had this happen before, I just can't believe they would be. =/

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 11-28-2013, 03:30 PM
Behavior Nerd

Worked for me - I mean it wasn't like a month, but I think I said I needed at least a week. I would NEVER give them an answer on the spot - my husband took 3 or 4 days to get back to his last offer because we wanted to assess the offer thoroughly and he was waiting to hear back from another possibility as well.

Old 11-28-2013, 05:07 PM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *blackrose View Post
Now I just have to figure out how to hook it up to my car so I can listen to the music through my car's speakers when I'm driving. This should be interesting. My car is equipped with bluetooth, but I'll be danged if I know how to connect my phone to it.
If you PM me the make and model of your car I can help you with that. You just leased it new from the dealership, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
I wish, but they always want to know what my appointment is. It's none of their business but they always ask. Even when I take a vacation day they're all "so what are you doing, why do you need the day off?" NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.

I just can't imagine if I told a company "well I'm interested but I'm waiting to hear from another place too" that they wouldn't go "ooookay well in that case never mind." =/ And then what if I DON'T get an offer from the second place - then I've blown my chance to get a better paying job... are places seriously cool with being put on hold? I've never had this happen before, I just can't believe they would be. =/
1. You don't have to tell them anything. It's an appointment should always suffice. If it doesn't, you just can tell them it's the sort of thing you really can't talk about at work. Look awkward and uncomfortable and they'll assume it's lady issues or GI issues and won't bring it up.

2. Tell them you need a week to decide, and that you appreciate their offer. Don't say why - they'll assume you're reviewing other offers, which means that you're in demand because you're awesome. Even if they don't worry about it (because most employers don't worry about things like that) they'll just think you know how to play the game. Because you never accept an offer on the spot.
Old 11-28-2013, 06:25 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post

That's exactly what I would say ... That it IS none of their business lol.

Old 11-28-2013, 07:11 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
If you PM me the make and model of your car I can help you with that. You just leased it new from the dealership, right?
I figured it out! Instruction manuels are a wonderful thing. Lol

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~

Old 11-29-2013, 12:06 AM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Got soooo much sleep over the past day that I'm not tired at all. Should make for an interesting day tomorrow!

Speaking of.. I leave in 5.5 hours for an agility/conformation/obedience trial with an agility friend. I've heard their vendors are awesome. Hoping to get a big chunk of secret santa shopping done there.

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
Old 11-29-2013, 07:28 AM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Can't believe I didn't post sooner but I got a new (to me) car on Monday! I love it! It's a 2001 Buick Lasabre with leather (heated!!) seats and a window that actually rolls down, and air conditioning/heat that works, and I just love it! The van I was driving had no a/c and the drivers window didn't roll down, so this is luxury lol!

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)