Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-28-2013, 10:32 PM
I'm All Ears

They were playing the Backstreet Boys at the grocery store and I caught 4 different people singing along including a grown man with a 10 or so year old kid. Made my day.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:44 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

I am so excited. My parents are coming here today from their cabin in Nakusp and we are going camping for the long weekend to the lake. My two best friends and their men are coming on Friday. My brother and his girlfriend are coming as well. I am so excited to see them. Its been a few months since I have seen them. And of course my regular crew are coming. And we have two boats going as well. So I am getting really excited. Good times should be had

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 08-29-2013, 01:34 PM
Aware

I have work today. Yay, dollars!

Equinox Shadow Of A Hero CGC "Shadow"
Equinox Ain't No Rest For The Wicked CGC "Embyr"
Equinox Play Me Some Mountain Music "Copper"
Equinox Don't Feed It After Midnight "Bloo"
Old 08-29-2013, 04:29 PM
Top Dog

I'm off for a 4 day weekend! Going to my brothers 25th wedding anniversary, it's a long 10hr drive each way, so one needs 4 days, but should be fun!
Old 08-29-2013, 04:45 PM
Sport Model Pug

Positive things happened today.

I'm happy.

Today is a win.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 08-29-2013, 07:05 PM
I'm All Ears

4 day weekend!

Also, birthdays today went well at work. I'm not sure how I got put in charge of that but each month we get more and more participation.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:32 PM
Top Dog

I climbed on a roof today and I didn't die! I may have feared for my life, but I'M ALIVE!
Old 08-29-2013, 08:52 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Hannah had been struggling lately with being afraid in her room at night. She is almost 6 so I know it's completely normal. I went through it as a kid, too. I tried logic, I tried giving her a flashlight... But tonight she asked me for a story without a book (the stories I make up for her) and so I told a story about a girl named Hannah who was afraid at night and along cane a good fairy and cast a spell so that only good and kind things would dwell in her room and all the shadows that scared her before would be kind friends like the doggy at the vet set and the build a beat by the tv and all the funny books she loves on the book case. At the end, The fairy left and Hannah had the sweetest dreams she ever had.

LOL just a silly story but... She went righy to sleep after that when the past two weeks or so she has been up until 11pm fretting about being scared. I am sure it's just a fluke lol but it was worth a shot lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 08-29-2013, 08:57 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
Hannah had been struggling lately with being afraid in her room at night. She is almost 6 so I know it's completely normal. I went through it as a kid, too. I tried logic, I tried giving her a flashlight... But tonight she asked me for a story without a book (the stories I make up for her) and so I told a story about a girl named Hannah who was afraid at night and along cane a good fairy and cast a spell so that only good and kind things would dwell in her room and all the shadows that scared her before would be kind friends like the doggy at the vet set and the build a beat by the tv and all the funny books she loves on the book case. At the end, The fairy left and Hannah had the sweetest dreams she ever had.

LOL just a silly story but... She went righy to sleep after that when the past two weeks or so she has been up until 11pm fretting about being scared. I am sure it's just a fluke lol but it was worth a shot lol
Parenting win!
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 08-29-2013, 09:12 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonPitbullLvr View Post
Parenting win!
Lol thanks. I hope so. She may just be tired today but who knows... The story may have appealed to her imagination and may just bring her some
Comfort lol. Worth a try.

On a completely unrelated note... I LOVE SIRI!!!! I can do anything with her lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney