Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 08-08-2013, 11:16 AM
Club Terrible - President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
My dad is having a lung scan and then he gets to go home!

Yaaay!

I finally slept more than a few hours last night. Napped with Rick from 8pm-11:30pm, got up, took my pill, surfed the web a bit... then slept from 12:30am-10:30am.

I've been needing that.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:19 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by *blackrose View Post
I have my wedding dress. It was the first one I saw in the catalog. It was the first one I tried on. And as soon as I put it on, I thought, "This is the one." Tried on a few more gowns just for the heck of it, but I knew it would be that first gown.

I think I was the first person in history to pick out their wedding gown that quickly. ^^
That was me too. Tried on the other two just to appease my step-mom, but went with the one I knew it was going to be all along.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:10 PM
Top Dog

We had over 70 cats show up to get fixed today. This means we will have a long day, but it also means that our boss bought everyone Jimmie Johns. Win.

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 08-08-2013, 12:15 PM
Top Dog

Beanie, I hope your Dad will be ok from here on out! How scary. Glad he is able to come home soon!

--------

Job interview next week. Fingers crossed it goes well so I can finally move on from my current job! I've never applied for a job such as the one I am going to be interviewed for, so I don't even know if I'm qualified, but I guess the fact that they gave me a call is a good sign. It sounds like it should have better hours and is much closer to home (this almost two hour commute both morning and night, for no perks except cheaper dog food, is getting old fast). And the ad didn't say, but I imagine that it probably pays better too. I really hope it works out. :-)

Ripley
Keira (Very much missed 2007-2014)
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Old 08-09-2013, 10:06 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Wrestled with some code for work yesterday. Thought about it over the night and came up with a new approach. Worked on it for about an hour this morning... then BAM. IT WORKS.
I DON'T KNOW WHY THE OTHER ONES DIDN'T WORK.
BUT IT DOES WHAT I WANT NOW.

And I feel so proud of myself because I accomplished what I wanted.

I'm so bloody clever.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 08-09-2013, 11:51 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
My dad is having a lung scan and then he gets to go home!

I can't remember does he have a clotting disorder?

My dad has only had one major hospitalization with his but he had to find a dr that really paid attention. Turns out his coumadin dose needed adjusted a couple times a week and he was at one point going in for daily lab draws. I think it is twice a week now. It just won't stay constant and thats when he can get the clots.

Thinking of you guys and hoping all continues to go well. Its such a scary situation!

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber
Old 08-09-2013, 12:15 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by joce View Post
I can't remember does he have a clotting disorder?

My dad has only had one major hospitalization with his but he had to find a dr that really paid attention. Turns out his coumadin dose needed adjusted a couple times a week and he was at one point going in for daily lab draws. I think it is twice a week now. It just won't stay constant and thats when he can get the clots.

Thinking of you guys and hoping all continues to go well. Its such a scary situation!
No he does not. He has what appears to be a blood clot on his leg, the doctors claimed because it went untreated he got blood clots in his lungs from a scan two weeks ago. However after the lung scan yesterday, he has now had several doctors suggesting he never had clots in his lungs, and the reason he couldn't breathe well was simply because he had lost about 60% of the blood in his body. He was giving himself blood thinner injections until the coumadin kicked in, once his blood went therapeutic he stopped having to take the injections, but the doctor now has told him to stop taking it because that is not the problem.

He has a large hiatal hernia and several small ulcers surrounding it, and it's so inflamed, that is what was causing the slow blood loss. He has to go in next week and have them check his hemoglobin levels again and may need some further transfusions until the hernia starts to respond to treatment but hopefully will not have to be checked into the hospital again. They gave him three units of blood and three units of plasma while he was in to replenish what he bled out. Hopefully now that they are aware of the problem and are going to treat it he will not get that bad again.

The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 08-09-2013, 12:32 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

In less than 24hrs I'm going to be on my way to Atlanta, Georgia to see Justin Bieber in concert for the 2nd time. It is his last show in the US. It is in the place he first started (he's from Canada, but when he was discovered on YouTube he was moved to Atlanta). It's where he kind of grew up. It's supposed to be a big show. And I really, really hope that I'll somehow meet him. Cause after this I won't have another opportunity for who knows how many years, once he's done with his world tour and starts another. If he starts another. Even if I don't meet him I'm just really really excited for this concert. :,)

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 08-09-2013, 04:40 PM
Top Dog

I got the job that I posted about yesterday! Yay!

Slightly off the good news topic:

During the interview they asked the weirdest questions! If my brain was a color, what color would it be? Really? Guess mine would be purple. Because yeah, purple is a great color.

And how sad is it that when asked what my current goals were that all I could think of as an answer was dog stuff. Getting Pirate's conformation CH, advanced obedience training, weight pull, trying agility, etc. Yeah, I think the ladies thought I was weird but seriously, my dogs are my life.
Old 08-09-2013, 04:55 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberH View Post
During the interview they asked the weirdest questions! If my brain was a color, what color would it be? Really? Guess mine would be purple. Because yeah, purple is a great color.
You should do some googling for prepping on interview questions, haha. That's a semi-common one, especially in creative jobs.

I read that on a list and pictured my response. "I don't know... purple? Are brains purple? I mean I think when you cut into the skull they're like purpley-blue..."
Failure to understand the exercise.

Congrats!!

The Sheltiechick Blog