Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 07-31-2013, 07:03 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Gave the dogs each a bone. *ahhhhhhhhhh* Silence but for the gnawing. No pestering puppies. No squeaking toys. No barks and growls.

Bones are God's gift to puppy owners.

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~

Old 07-31-2013, 09:20 PM
Obey the Toad.

Our company did record sales this month-not bad for manufacturing in this economy!

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 08-01-2013, 12:57 AM
<(°°<) <(°°)> (>°°)>

Quote:
Originally Posted by *blackrose View Post
Gave the dogs each a bone. *ahhhhhhhhhh* Silence but for the gnawing. No pestering puppies. No squeaking toys. No barks and growls.

Bones are God's gift to puppy owners.
I second this. Zora is silenced for at least an hour given a bully stick

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:03 AM
Top Dog

For all thee turmoil and indecisiveness Monday night, today I'm finally 100% certain I'm doing the right thing job-wise. I will be getting 33 hours a week at the zoo initially! At least until we get someone else hired to alternate weekends with. After that I'll be averaging 25 hours a week. Which is more hours than I had at both places combined. Of course I'd LOVE to have full time, complete with benefits, but right now this is actually the perfect fit. I graduate in December, so I can move on and find a full time job after that without worrying about how my school schedule will fit in. I don't think I'm even going to apply for the part-time Farms position now. At staff meeting it was made clear that my really can't do without me right now. We have some AZA accreditation stuff that I need to help with (data entry, and I'm really the only one that knows my way around Excel). And GECKO EGGS. They should be hatching any time between now and the end of November! Nobody else has any idea what to do with a baby gecko, so I have to stay for them

So, yeah, I haven't felt this content with my work situation in a long, LONG time, and it's a fantastic feeling

AND...I get three afternoons off that can be used for harness making, marketing, homework, dog training, Coursera classes...OMG FREE TIME. WHAT?
Old 08-01-2013, 01:11 AM
Duuuuude.

One of my best friends lost her dog the other day. Door got left open, dog got out, and was wearing new collar with no tags. That's not the good news, obviously.

The good news is that they found her!

The WTF news is that she was found in CASTLE ROCK. They live in north Denver. That's over 32 miles away in 24 hours. I guess that's not really that much for a dog to travel, in theory, but I still think it's crazy. I think that if Rowan got out, he'd hang out in the *general* area chasing squirrels. I guess she just got spooked, started running, and didn't stop.

At least now she's home, safe and happy, and microchipped now! Silly Zoe, no scaring people.

Kendall & the Red Dogs: Rowan & Riff
Old 08-01-2013, 08:55 AM
Wookie Collie

My house is closed. Done. Emptied. Over with.

I can close that chapter of my life, breathe, and move on with the rest of my life.

What a year it's been so far. Broke off old relationship. Started new relationship. Moved out all by myself. And now, new job on the horizon.

2013 is my year. I've earned this.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 08-01-2013, 09:58 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Vacation time soon A trip up to Canada to visit the family. nothing super exciting but I just love having over a week of time where Brian doesn't have to go to work and we can all just BE together. The first few days might be a bit stressful since we will be at my dads place and the drama that often comes with that side of the family and my siblings lol but the last half of the week we'll be with my mom. I can't wait to be with my momma. It's only for four days really but I'm happy for those days.

I LOVE living here and I wouldn't move back "home" for anything but the one thing I really do miss is my mom

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 08-01-2013, 12:32 PM
Original Twin

It's not July anymore!
Old 08-01-2013, 04:46 PM
Obey the Toad.

Just paid off a major debt and it feels good. On Monday my niece and nephew will be in town and we are going to Chicago to the Field Museum!

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 08-01-2013, 05:12 PM
Top Dog

I get to meet my nephew puppy Hemi, a person nephew got a 'pitbull' pup somewhere and kept him, even though his parents wanted him to get rid of the evil vicious pit bull LMAO. Anyhow I talked to my nephew about it and he finally decided to keep him and i get to meet Hemi this weekend!